Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2017, 08:38 AM

46,259 posts, read 27,074,383 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Do you really think you're getting over on folks, man?

That's rich.
He believes it, that's all I need...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2017, 08:39 AM

2,407 posts, read 1,504,010 times
Quote:
Ahh... an insult from the "he who smelt it, dealt it" lexicon.

I expect more from you, QE.

Miller is legitimately a white nationalist. Since I'm the mother of mixed-race kids, I'm pretty sure I'm not.

But, thanks for playing.
Your qualifier is that you're the mother of mixed-race kids? Ha! Then Trump can NEVER be racist since he married a foreigner, by your own standard.

46,259 posts, read 27,074,383 times
Quote:
Cannot rep you either, but I'm floored that people cannot see through such a weak performance. I've seen better in elementary school plays.

You loved the 8 years of Obama...so you should know what an elementary play is...

34,938 posts, read 36,231,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dog8food View Post
He was just stating the obvious.
No. He really wasn't.

I get that the Trump admin have used Acosta as their whipping boy since the far-off days of yore when Spicer was blustering his way through press briefings, but come on...

You can disagree with CNN or with Acosta without thinking that the man was asking anything other than a simple question.

Once which, if there was an answer that wasn't "we know we're discriminating against people" I'm sure Miller could have just answered instead of staging a production of the Bold and the Offended.

If he'd had Sarah's pearls to wear that day, he could really have used them to clutch. You know, for extra dramatic effect.

Old 08-03-2017, 08:40 AM

9,267 posts, read 5,115,170 times
Quote:
Anyone who thinks Stephen Miller was remotely “shocked” (as he repeatedly put it) to be asked that question has a very low bar for acting talent.

Miller is a white nationalist scumbag.

He knew good and damned welll that Acosta just picked a couple of countries where the PRIMARY language is English. Anyone who’d think it was some “sign” is twisting a simple question into knots.

This bill is obviously designed to discriminate.

We don’t have a national language.
OMG. You are obviously on the near-Venezuelan Left. You don't know sarcasm when you see it. CNN is in a full-fledged war on middle-America, and Acosta is a useful idiot.

You think being White and a nationalist is a negative. Boy are you in for a surprise! We are going to start taking a close look at who we allow into our country.
BTW, it's English.

And you're a moderator?

Old 08-03-2017, 08:41 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,231,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
You loved the 8 years of Obama...so you should know what an elementary play is...
I did enjoy the 8 years of Obama, but I'm not a racist jackass and I am also not afraid of black people in power positions within government.

If you think that Trump is big league and an educated man who is well-versed in Constitutional law is "elementary" then nothing I can say here can help you.

Old 08-03-2017, 08:43 AM

2,407 posts, read 1,504,010 times
Quote:
I did enjoy the 8 years of Obama, but I'm not a racist jackass and I am also not afraid of black people in power positions within government.

If you think that Trump is big league and an educated man who is well-versed in Constitutional law is "elementary" then nothing I can say here can help you.
nor you, apparently.

Old 08-03-2017, 08:44 AM

52,433 posts, read 26,603,454 times
Quote:
I did enjoy the 8 years of Obama, but I'm not a racist jackass.....
You just created a hypothetical coal miner in WVa in post above, based on ever negative stereotype out there.

Old 08-03-2017, 08:46 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,595,087 times
Quote:
Of course we've heard people from other countries speak English. We're not a bunch of rubes.

Let me ask you this...

When some dude from coal country in West Virginia who has never left a 25 mile radius of his hometown hears "must speak English" do you think that this person is all like "Excellent! This means all the lovely, educated people from China, India, and the Middle East should have no problem getting into the US." Or do you think he's thinking... "Yeah... keep all those Muslims and brown folks out!"

Let's not pretend that people with very little exposure to people from anywhere other than Mexico are truly thinking anything other than "this'll keep out the Mexicans so they'll quit taking OUR JOBS and all those terrorists who keep blowing things up!"

Do you think they REMOTELY assume someone from England or Australia wouldn't be welcome or allowed?

The job of the news media is to break things down for everyone listening. Picking places so common as the UK and Australia, where we know that the natives who were born there speak English, was LOGICAL.

It wasn't some "sign" that Acosta is discriminating against all of India. I'm sure a man of his intelligence and experience is well aware that plenty of people from MANY countries do indeed speak fluent English.

This whole "Acosta did a BAD THING!" smear by Miller is disingenuous at best. It's gaslighting, at worst.

How is that not painfully obvious?

The man cannot even act well enough to be convincing.

I think most Americans KNOW those who speak English hail from nearly all countries, and the best way to land a job is if you know the language.

But I'm not of the ilk that feels people are either stupid or nefarious.

And really, when did you start caring what people think?? I didn't see you pipe up when the guy I voted for twice started using divisive language.

Old 08-03-2017, 08:47 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,595,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
You just created a hypothetical coal miner in WVa in post above, based on ever negative stereotype out there.
Exactly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies