Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-04-2017, 02:47 AM

24,456 posts, read 33,144,206 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
IF "he isn't smooth talking and able to woo public opinion.", HOW the hell did he get elected?
Well, for one thing, he mentioned actually doing something about illegal immigration.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2017, 04:26 AM

6,612 posts, read 3,637,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
As you can see by some of the posts you are receiving, they really don't give a damn how dumb, corrupt, or crude he is, those are the reasons they voted for him and things like integrity, honesty, and intelligence on the part of our leader does not matter at all to them.

But, to those of us who see this clown for what he is, yes, he is more than an embarrassment, he is destructive. His methodology is to sweep in and change everything and destroy every relationship we have around the world (except for Russia, he LOVES Russia !)

When I see this buffoon up on the stage, giving some speech, it hurts my head how anyone can think a reality show clown like him is qualified to be President of this country. But maybe this is where America has sunk to.
You're right. We have been thrown into such an odd state..(for the time being). But for whatever amount time it will be, it's way too much. I cannot stand seeing him spouting off to his crowd, promoting himself and lying, all the same old B S - and they fall for it. 🙄 It is unbelievable that this is happening, but one of these days...

I saw Adam Shiff with Seth Myers discussing how, as some make excuses for T as "being new to this", how he "doesn't really understand", "didn't know what he would be getting into", Seth Meyers said "All of which would have been good to know before the election!" 👍

Old 08-04-2017, 05:41 AM

30,421 posts, read 20,198,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
I got it from the Boy Scouts who stated they never made the call Lyin' Donny claimed they did. Try and keep up!

If your little con-man is so great, why didn't he live up to his promise to immediately repeal the ACA and replace it with something far better?

IF it really is unconstitutional as you allege, WHY did the GOP waste so much effort trying to repeal it rather than taking it to the SCOTUS? Sounds like pure BS to me.

Your inability/refusal to accept certain truths doesn't make my replies ignorant of anything.
You do realize, don't you, that the President cannot on his own repeal legislation?

If you understood the Constitution, (which you obviously don't, and have probably never even read it) you would know that Obamacare is unconstitutional. There is nothing in the Constitution that gives the Federal Government authority over the health insurance market, or the authority to require that citizens buy something they don't want, or what they don't need. That the Congress didn't challenge it is irrelevant. That doesn't magically make it Constitutional.

What "certain truths" are you claiming I refuse or have no ability to accept?

I've read enough of your posts over the years to conclude your knowledge of our Constitution and our Republican form of government is seriously lacking. Lack of knowledge = ignorance.

Old 08-04-2017, 06:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
If you're past denial (which I doubt), Trump won because:

-People were desperate and tired of being ignored by essentially both parties so they looked for an outsider. Mainly middle to lower income blue collar. Instead of trying to woo them back, they were called racists and deplorables thus not only sealing the deal but driving more to Trump in the process.

-Hillary is patently unlikeable and uncharismatic. Not only that she had serious voter turnout issues with blacks stemming from a bitter 2008 primary (where her and her supporters were called racist ironically) as well as being caught cheating Sanders.

-Hillary still could have won but the polls and constant crowing from her supporters....many of you who did this still won't accept that fact....coasted in to what she assumed was victory and also lowered turnout further because Hillary was going to win anyway.

Basically, Hillary's horrible campaign consisting of insulting instead of wooing voters and then mailing it in is more the reason Trump won than anything his team did. Trump didn't win as much as Hillary lost.
Though there are thoughts as to what went wrong and was probably a mixture, I feel that there having been SO much distraction involved in having to respond to, defend and cope with his behavior, while maintaining her focus, was taking it's toll. Though she seemed to remain above it, HE appeared to be such a major deterrent throughout the campaign and became so wearing, having also done so to Republican candidates. I would imagine some likened it to dealing with an unruly child. He motivated any negativity in others that would have usually not occurred.

Had it been a "normal" opponent for her to spar with, who would have also been focused upon issues, having been knowledgeable and politically-oriented, it would not have become so weakening, having been able to remain focused upon her message and having been a better experience all the way around. I don't believe she is "unlikeable", but one deterrent being that some resist having a female for president. After all, she did still have the popular vote.

And we still don't yet know what may have occurred underhandedly to have created this unlikely outcome.

Old 08-04-2017, 06:07 AM

4,765 posts, read 3,711,690 times
I consider him an embarrassment in the fashion of Jerry Lewis or Gilbert Gottfried. Amusing, but best kept at a distance. And my apology to Gilbert Gottfried who is way more clever than Trump.

Old 08-04-2017, 06:10 AM

4,765 posts, read 3,711,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by In2itive_1 View Post
Though there are thoughts as to what went wrong and was probably a mixture, I feel that there having been SO much distraction involved in having to respond to, defend and cope with his behavior, while maintaining her focus, was taking it's toll. Though she seemed to remain above it, HE appeared to be such a major deterrent throughout the campaign and became so wearing, having also done so to Republican candidates. I would imagine some likened it to dealing with an unruly child. He motivated any negativity in others that would have usually not occurred.

Had it been a "normal" opponent for her to spar with, who would have also been focused upon issues, having been knowledgeable and politically-oriented, it would not have become so weakening, having been able to remain focused upon her message and having been a better experience all the way around. I don't believe she is "unlikeable", but one deterrent being that some resist having a female for president. After all, she did still have the popular vote.

And we still don't yet know what may have occurred underhandedly to have created this unlikely outcome.
Decent analysis! But her team failed to capitalize on the angst that Trump had tapped into.

i.e. "The Donald is correct that the middle class has been ignored too long. But, he is not interested in helping the middle class, only using you to obtain his goals. Here is what I am going to do for you..."

^^^ That is the direction she should have taken.

Old 08-04-2017, 06:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
Hillary Rodham Clinton is like a blood-sucking leech.

President Donald J Trump is the complete opposite of that. I could care less what the Fake Stream Media says the rest of the world says about America.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redd Jedd View Post
You mean you could care less about facts, events, conversations and exchanges that actually happened. You'd rather believe that Trump is best at whatever.
Clearly.

Old 08-04-2017, 06:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaker281 View Post
Decent analysis! But her team failed to capitalize on the angst that Trump had tapped into.

i.e. "The Donald is correct that the middle class has been ignored too long. But, he is not interested in helping the middle class, only using you to obtain his goals. Here is what I am going to do for you..."

Thanks.

I agree and she could have. I feel she would have had the capacity to remain driven and focused upon these sorts of points, though I recall feeling her slipping...taking a turn, not performing quite the same as usual or as expected.

Old 08-04-2017, 10:44 AM

77,770 posts, read 59,915,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by In2itive_1 View Post

You were doing really well until you mentioned "popular vote", that's not a logical point in a discussion about winning or losing elections as it's not the determinant. Also key to point out how she eased up on those key states down the stretch and negativity? Calling voters deplorables instead of trying to match Trumps empty promises isn't a smart move.

Also, you can call it uncharismatic instead of unlikeable if you so choose. I agree it's unfair but that's politics and life.

Remember, her own democratic party chose a wet behind the years Senator with a fraction of her experience over her in 2008. Was it because she was a woman? Why did that happen?

Old 08-04-2017, 10:49 AM

77,770 posts, read 59,915,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaker281 View Post

Yep. Basic political strategy.

Diffuse your opponent and offer an alternative.

Instead they went with calling those frustrated and angry voters racist, sexist, uneducated Neanderthals that just don't *get* the global economy so tough luck there dinosaurs.

You take a life-long left leaning voter whose job went overseas and they now drive uber and work at a crappy job to make ends barely meet....and address their concerns by calling them racist....I can't see them every coming back to the party.

It was a pretty offensive charge to level at a varied group of individuals, many of which were Obama voters.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies