Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-03-2017, 10:52 AM

10,097 posts, read 10,010,013 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpinionInOcala View Post
What about them? Zealotry is silly in general, but different forms of zealotry produce distinct behavioral consequences -- some notably worse than others.
So you're telling me you're more afraid of someone telling you you're going to hell than some snide advocate who tells you that you're fascist if you don't support a repeal of mary jane prohibition? I would think they would both want to run their protest sign over my head.

I think the issue should remain that zealousy sucks no matter where it comes from, but lets not scapegoat religious people because they're easier targets.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2017, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
But in a backhanded sort of way you do prove a point.
Liberals are inclusive and include a wide diversity of individuals and are accepting of their lifestyle choices.
Conservatives are exclusionary and do all in their power to reject, demonize and ostracize from society all who are different in looks, color, demeanor and lifestyle choices.
Conservatives pass laws that are designed to separate and exclude whole segments of society.
Liberals pass laws that are inclusive and accepting of all segments and lifestyles.

Major difference between the two. One is based on love and acceptance.
The other is based on hate and exclusion.
So you're saying conservatives have standards?

Old 08-03-2017, 10:59 AM

2,953 posts, read 992,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fordtrucks View Post
As I stated in a previous post we've become a society of Cheech and Chongs...

Attachment 188612

Poll finds support for marijuana legalization | TheHill
How can you call yourself a conservative? The ideology that champions personal liberty in the face of the Orwellian societally re-engineering left? Do you like your 2nd amendment freedoms? Do you like it free from governmental nibbling? If so then how can you support (which your post implies) govt prohibition of something like weed that has never been proven to be a danger to society? If YOU want to be a prohibitionist about something and take away a personal liberty then you'd better be ready to step up and prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that removal of said liberty is worth the subsequent overwhelming benefit to society.

Commie. Take your conservative card and paint a big red hammer and sickle on it.

Old 08-03-2017, 10:59 AM

9,837 posts, read 4,635,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
No *WE* have not.
You may be but those in our family including us do not use drugs that are not prescribed by a Physician.
so you don't drink coffee, smoke cigarettes, use alcohol? what about tea, cola, or even aspirin etc?

Or did you mean something else and just forget that most people on the planet use drugs and that NOT using some drugs is abnormal ... sure sure you want to pretend nicotine or caffeine are not "real" drugs because that is what you were raised to believe.

I am not in favor of deregulating drugs and making it s free for all, but i do tire of people getting up on their high horses and declaring themselves "good citizens".

Old 08-03-2017, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx
But in a backhanded sort of way you do prove a point.
Liberals are inclusive and include a wide diversity of individuals and are accepting of their lifestyle choices.
Conservatives are exclusionary and do all in their power to reject, demonize and ostracize from society all who are different in looks, color, demeanor and lifestyle choices.
Conservatives pass laws that are designed to separate and exclude whole segments of society.
Liberals pass laws that are inclusive and accepting of all segments and lifestyles.

Major difference between the two. One is based on love and acceptance.
The other is based on hate and exclusion.

This guy will sell your next start up to a potential angel investor. Or will represent the face of your company to sell products to middle America. I mean c'mon. Don't even put the guy in a suit and tie, why make him more presentable to people if the entire point is to erase these oppressive standards?

Old 08-03-2017, 11:01 AM

8,793 posts, read 8,163,127 times
I had been wondering where NOTMEOFFICER went.

Old 08-03-2017, 11:02 AM

20,868 posts, read 23,554,229 times
I would have no issue if marijuana was made legal all across the country. I personally think alcohol should be banned. Nothing good has ever come from drinking alcohol.

Old 08-03-2017, 11:03 AM

8,447 posts, read 4,751,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by radiolibre99 View Post
So you're saying conservatives have standards?
I think he's saying he's just as pig headed, out of touch and ignorant as some of the more staunch anti marijuana people are.

Old 08-03-2017, 11:03 AM

3,331 posts, read 2,136,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by radiolibre99 View Post
So you're telling me you're more afraid of someone telling you you're going to hell than some snide advocate who tells you that you're fascist if you don't support a repeal of mary jane prohibition? I would think they would both want to run their protest sign over my head.

I think the issue should remain that zealousy sucks no matter where it comes from, but lets not scapegoat religious people because they're easier targets.
I've already stated that I'm not afraid of somebody telling me that I'm going to hell. Furthermore, postulating a clear behavioral difference between marijuana zealots and religious zealots is not scapegoating, but rather reflecting reality. Surely you're not suggesting that marijuana zealots have committed the same atrocities in the name of their advocacy as religious radicals have and continue to...

But yes, I'm very concerned about the far-left condemning anyone who disagrees as fascists and suggesting that violent retaliation against their opponents is reasonable. In this respect the fringe-progressives are functioning much like a religious cult.

Old 08-03-2017, 11:04 AM

2,953 posts, read 992,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
I would have no issue if marijuana was made legal all across the country. I personally think alcohol should be banned. Nothing good has ever come from drinking alcohol.
Because that worked so well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies