Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-03-2017, 11:04 AM

5,658 posts, read 6,276,691 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raddo View Post
So, what you are saying it that we 86% are completely wrong, and that you and your 14% is right???

Hmmm... If I were in that 14% I think I would re-evaluate my position. Just sayin'.

BTW, I completey support Booker and I am not a liberal or part of the left. I'm a 60 year old conservative. 86% approval shows this issue enjoys broad support from both sides.
42 year old non-leftist libertarian here and I completely support legalization of cannabis as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2017, 11:04 AM

16,236 posts, read 5,880,554 times
Legalize it and tax the hell out of it.

Old 08-03-2017, 11:05 AM

10,097 posts, read 10,011,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
I would have no issue if marijuana was made legal all across the country. I personally think alcohol should be banned. Nothing good has ever come from drinking alcohol.
I agree that alcohol is just as bad as other drugs, but one thing that always annoyed me about pot heads, and I am not saying that's you trlhiker, but that the real zealous ones tend to hate on alcohol and cigarettes. They'll always bash the other two in order to make pot look so much better, even though you're inhaling smoke when you smoke pot, even if it is healthier than tobacco. Why hate on alcohol and tobacco if the point is to make sure people do what they want to do without force?

Old 08-03-2017, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpinionInOcala View Post
I've already stated that I'm not afraid of somebody telling me that I'm going to hell. Furthermore, postulating a clear behavioral difference between marijuana zealots and religious zealots is not scapegoating, but rather reflecting reality. Surely you're not suggesting that marijuana zealots have committed the same atrocities in the name of their advocacy as religious radicals have and continue to...

But yes, I'm very concerned about the far-left condemning anyone who disagrees as fascists and suggesting that violent retaliation against their opponents is reasonable. In this respect the fringe-progressives are functioning much like a religious cult.
Not marijuana zealots alone, but far leftists who include marijuana legalization in their platform of ideas to beat over the head of the people they disagree with, sometimes violently. We're both in agreement. Yet when it comes to them, I am more afraid of a pot smoking anti-fa member than a church lady who may hold religiously conservative views. If you're talking about mental cases who use religious fanaticism as an excuse for their violence, then that is another story.

Old 08-03-2017, 11:09 AM

2,953 posts, read 993,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by radiolibre99 View Post
I agree that alcohol is just as bad as other drugs, but one thing that always annoyed me about pot heads, and I am not saying that's you trlhiker, but that the real zealous ones tend to hate on alcohol and cigarettes. They'll always bash the other two in order to make pot look so much better, even though you're inhaling smoke when you smoke pot, even if it is healthier than tobacco. Why hate on alcohol and tobacco if the point is to make sure people do what they want to do without force?
bs. Blanket statement unspported by any facts. I know no stoners who hate on alcohol and pretty much everyone hates on cigarettes these days so it's completely bogus to say that's some sort of hypocritical salient attitude of marijuana users.

Old 08-03-2017, 11:11 AM

3,129 posts, read 1,332,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
Legalize it and tax the hell out of it.
It's not quite that simple. Over taxing it leaves the teeth in the black market. There is a proper tax point that needs to be found that makes the profit margin in the black market low enough to not be worth the risk.

Old 08-03-2017, 11:14 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
I would have no issue if marijuana was made legal all across the country. I personally think alcohol should be banned. Nothing good has ever come from drinking alcohol.
Not true, some foods have flavor elements not soluble in water that are soluble in alcohol, the reason wine makes some foods more tasty.

17,273 posts, read 9,560,145 times
Quote:
I don't care about salary because like you snidely said, that hipster actress with the sleeve tats and cheshire grin, makes way more money than I do, and probably more than an attorney before making partner. MY point is that in the average the best positions where the smartest people go into, there tend to be less exhibitionists.
Oh my god, just answer the question: Why. Do. You. Care. What. They. Make?

2,953 posts, read 993,129 times
Quote:
Yet when it comes to them, I am more afraid of a pot smoking anti-fa member than a church lady who may hold religiously conservative views. If you're talking about mental cases who use religious fanaticism as an excuse for their violence, then that is another story.
No they're equally bad. The flip side of the same coin of dumb. The anti-fa (I hate even typing that) fascists are typically anti-gun yet not a one of them has ever fired a gun. They know nothing of what they want to prohibit. The anti-weed little old Baptist Church lady from Abilene has never smoked weed in her life. She knows f-all a bout what she wants to prohibit.

Do you see the stupid inherent in the system?

Old 08-03-2017, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wee-Bey View Post
bs. Blanket statement unspported by any facts. I know no stoners who hate on alcohol and pretty much everyone hates on cigarettes these days so it's completely bogus to say that's some sort of hypocritical salient attitude of marijuana users.
Well I didn't intend to cite a sociological study about it. What are you talking about? I just said that I've personally and anecdotally heard some pot heads who've made cannabis their mission in life throw alcohol and cigarettes under the bus as being epically worse than pot. That's it. I didn't say that this was the standard view of pot smokers, but something I've noticed in my personal experience from some zealots, not casual smokers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies