Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2017, 09:06 AM

10,097 posts, read 10,004,423 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
I'm pro legalization but I don't smoke, and I agree there are a lot of these people and they can be extremely annoying...but after legalization they will mostly go away because there will be no more arguments to be had. You don't have people railing about how great alcohol is, do you?
I wonder how many anti-prohibitionists were that annoying during the Prohibition Era. My point is that I could care less if it's illegal or legal or not, but that the High Times culture is utterly devoid of any interest to me and I think it's annoying to tenth degree. Just smoke your pot and advocate for it's legalization but do it without the hyperbole that it's the best thing ever and will cure cancer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2017, 09:08 AM

68,326 posts, read 54,350,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Bully View Post
I actually wouldn't be surprised if using pot led to using harder drugs in some cases because when you are using pot you are already breaking the law. You've already jumped the biggest hurdle for some people so it's a smaller leap from pot to a harder drug than it would be if pot was legal.

That's a very big streeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeetch!

You break the law when you drive over the speed limit or have one drink too many before driving home, does that also lead to hard drugs because they're already breaking the law?

If anything I'd say the only thing about cannabis that contributes to people trying hard drugs is all the lies they've been told about cannabis. When they smoke a joint and find all that Reefer Madness stuff is just that, madness, why would they believe they haven't been lied to about other drugs too?

And after all, the government tells them marijuana is no different than heroin.

307 posts, read 245,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Bully View Post
I actually wouldn't be surprised if using pot led to using harder drugs in some cases because when you are using pot you are already breaking the law. You've already jumped the biggest hurdle for some people so it's a smaller leap from pot to a harder drug than it would be if pot was legal.
Where pot is illegal most have to go to a shady dealer to buy a bag, those same shady dealers usually dabble in the sale of other drugs too, making it super easy to get the pills, coke, whatever to progress into the harder stuff.

Last October I spent a week in Colorado, where I visited several dispensaries, I saw a lot of cannabis and cannabis related products, BUT, do you know what I didn't see in those shops? That's right, no pills, no coke, no heroin....

817 posts, read 752,528 times
I agree with legal weed, it's a harmless plant that makes you hungry and laugh at silly movies

Old 08-03-2017, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostintheMatrix View Post
Where pot is illegal most have to go to a shady dealer to buy a bag, those same shady dealers usually dabble in the sale of other drugs too, making it super easy to get the pills, coke, whatever to progress into the harder stuff.

Last October I spent a week in Colorado, where I visited several dispensaries, I saw a lot of cannabis and cannabis related products, BUT, do you know what I didn't see in those shops? That's right, no pills, no coke, no heroin....
You wouldn't support the legalization of all drugs? Shocking.

Old 08-03-2017, 09:10 AM

3,129 posts, read 1,330,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by radiolibre99 View Post
My point is, that they could be right about why pot is illegal, it wouldn't matter to me, because I think the pot culture is freakin' annoying. And their insistence that if the world just smoked more doobies we'd have less problems.

I said that I personally have no problems with pot or people smoking it, and think it should be legal, but just that I find potheads and pot aficionado culture to be utterly idiotic and annoying. That's all.
Ok, fair enough. But you really paint with a very wide brush.

I am a 60 year old conservative business man who has no weird haircuts, piercings, or tattoos. I wouldn't even think of it.

I am self-employed, own my own home, live in a nice neighborhood, have a nice lawn, know my neighbors, and pay my taxes.

I am in terrific health, have never taken a government handout (well, Obamacare, but that was forced on me, I've never used it), and I smile when I open the door for others.

I have also used cannabis for over 45 years.

I bet I don't fit your stereotype, do I? Well, here's the kicker -- I'm not an anomaly! The surface of marijuana use is covered by the "culture" that you hate so much, but underneath that surface are millions of users just like me.

So just try to be careful when painting with your wide pothead brush, if you will. Thanks.

Old 08-03-2017, 09:11 AM

68,326 posts, read 54,350,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
It's 2017, try to keep up.

Home Depot must be out of any brushes less than a foot wide.

Old 08-03-2017, 09:14 AM

307 posts, read 245,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by radiolibre99 View Post
You wouldn't support the legalization of all drugs? Shocking.
wow, another ignorant comment; shocking

Old 08-03-2017, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raddo View Post
Ok, fair enough. But you really paint with a very wide brush.

I am a 60 year old conservative business man who has no weird haircuts, piercings, or tattoos. I wouldn't even think of it.

I am self-employed, own my own home, live in a nice neighborhood, know my neighbors, and pay my taxes.

I am in terrific health, have never taken a government handout (well, Obamacare, but that was forced on me, I've never used it), and I smile when I open the door for others.

I have also used cannabis for over 45 years.

I bet I don't fit your stereotype, do I? Well, here's the kicker -- I'm not an anomaly! The surface of marijuana use is covered by the "culture" that you hate so much, but underneath that surface is millions of users just like me.

So just try to be careful when painting with your broad pothead brush, if you will. Thanks.
First off I didn't say that weed smokers were an anomaly. I said people with sleeve tattoos, weird hair cuts, piercings and such were an anomaly in the upper ranks of government, business, academics, etc, etc. I am sure there are many people such as yourself who smoke weed. I get that there are regular Joes that smoke it.

But are you high right now? Because I never said I was against it's legalization but that I just dislike the culture surrounding pot and how people extol it's great potential. That's it. That I am all for it's legalization. That I like pot, but I just hate pot heads.

Old 08-03-2017, 09:18 AM

17,077 posts, read 13,356,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fordtrucks View Post
As I stated in a previous post we've become a society of Cheech and Chongs...

Attachment 188612

Poll finds support for marijuana legalization | TheHill
I don't use marijuana, have no desire to use marijuana, and voted against legalization in my state (CO), and even I think you're being a complete drama queen over this issue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies