Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2017, 10:14 PM

34,231 posts, read 18,579,444 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
The answer to past racism is perpetual racism?

And they call you folks "progressives"?
Looks like racism is ok if it is perpetrated against whites, and now Asians I guess.

Old 08-03-2017, 10:15 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,759,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Oh this cracks me up. Royally cracks me up.

Now everyone is worried about discrimination when its the whites who are the minority. Another piece of evidence why *some* whites are so afraid of becoming the minority in this country. LOL This is RICH.
The prospect of becoming not only a minority in the country you built, but one that is actively discriminated against by the government and leading institutions, should be of concern to any rational person. I can only guess as to the mental landscape of someone who would "LOL" about it.

Old 08-03-2017, 10:16 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 23 days ago)

29,556 posts, read 16,542,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Flawed argument since those filing the complaint are Asian Americans, but try and keep the narrative alive anyway. You're committed.
While the complaint is the topic of the thread, when this info was released, white discrimination was the topic

Old 08-03-2017, 10:17 PM

1,972 posts, read 1,280,302 times
So the people who never had a problem with discrimination before are now up in arms and call it racism while the people who did have an issue with it before now don't think it is a problem any longer.

Humans are an amazing species!

Old 08-03-2017, 10:18 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,363,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustermannBB View Post
So the people who never had a problem with discrimination before are now up in arms and call it racism while the people who did have an issue with it before now don't think it is a problem any longer.

Racism is always wrong. Sexism too.

Such a silly statement.

Old 08-03-2017, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustermannBB View Post

This is a false equivalency. Almost nobody in America is pro-discrimination against minorities.

Old 08-03-2017, 10:21 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 23 days ago)

29,556 posts, read 16,542,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
The prospect of becoming not only a minority in the country you built, but one that is actively discriminated against by the government and leading institutions, should be of concern to any rational person. I can only guess as to the mental landscape of someone who would "LOL" about it.
The point that person is making is that you should care about discrimination in general and yet those on the Right seem to be perfectly fine with discrimination when it doesnt affect them.

Old 08-03-2017, 10:22 PM

6,542 posts, read 4,094,955 times
Quote:
I'm personally not worried about becoming a minority. That means little to me.

My concern, and we're seeing this now, is that because I'm white (and a man as well... a cisgendered one at that!), I am less valuable. I'm inherently racist and lack any sort of empathy to the point where I can't even sympathize with black people or gay people... unless of course, I sacrifice my identity.

It's a troubling thing. I fancy myself a progressive, but I don't feel I should be ashamed for being white or a man. Nor do I feel anyone should feel shame for being black or a woman. People should be able to take pride in themselves and their heiritage, without fear of backlash. No matter your race.

Old 08-03-2017, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
The point that person is making is that you should care about discrimination in general and yet those on the Right seem to be perfectly fine with discrimination when it doesnt affect them.
That's complete BS.

Old 08-03-2017, 10:24 PM

1,972 posts, read 1,280,302 times
Quote:
This is a false equivalency. Almost nobody in America is pro-discrimination against minorities.
So the entire thread and the article it is based on is basically nothing or nonsense.
Good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies