Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2017, 01:57 PM

20,956 posts, read 8,578,120 times

Advertisements

The "I'm special - I want to open a business and the world should revolve around me" attitude is quite troubling. I'd have to agree that such a person is unqualified to lead. Leaders find a way.

The odds that "burdensome regulations" at the local, city, county, state, federal and world levels are going to be suddenly and greatly reduced are about zero.

Now, if I truly felt like opening a business and wanted to take advantage of all these "regulations", maybe I'd become an accountant? Or maybe I would be a engineers who made sure to cross the T's and dot the I's so that my clients plans would be approved by those "regulators" when submitted.

On the other hand, if the dude wants to open a business getting rid of waste oil by dumping it into a river - I think he'll find more acceptance if Trump gets his way(s).

Old 08-05-2017, 01:59 PM

21,431 posts, read 7,377,528 times
" Barack Obama has specifically made it so that I don't want to open a business "

You don't want to?

OK. Someone else will.

Old 08-05-2017, 02:01 PM

3,046 posts, read 2,371,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 69Charger View Post
There is absolutely no way I want to navigate this albatross of regulations that are in place, when it comes to wanting to make myself self sufficient.

Know what we need, is Donald Trump's revolutionary tax plan, to DEregulate and ease the burden that is upon the American citizen and taxpayer. Let us do what we need to do, in the way we need to do it, and figure things out on our own.
What are all these mysterious regulations you speak of? Name them all.

Old 08-05-2017, 05:29 PM

7,809 posts, read 4,520,636 times
Quote:
There is absolutely no way I want to navigate this albatross of regulations that are in place, when it comes to wanting to make myself self sufficient.

Know what we need, is Donald Trump's revolutionary tax plan, to DEregulate and ease the burden that is upon the American citizen and taxpayer. Let us do what we need to do, in the way we need to do it, and figure things out on our own.
Cry me a river. If you showed up on "Shark Tank" with that excuse even those hucksters would laugh you out of the studio. Anything else holding you back other than the black guy former President? Maybe the Asians are undercutting your pricing? Perhaps your future employees want a wage so they can feed themselves? I've got a hunch you have a million reasons why you're unable to buck up and give it a go. Much easier to whip out the 'poor me' card.

Maybe spend less time on the internet and more on a business plan...

Old 08-05-2017, 05:37 PM

6,658 posts, read 4,718,225 times
Obama said "You didn't build that". So if I started a business all by myself, someone else did that? I don't understand their logic.

Old 08-05-2017, 06:20 PM

3,992 posts, read 2,439,824 times
Still waiting for OPs list, suspect we'll wait a bit

Old 08-05-2017, 08:13 PM

2,151 posts, read 1,343,196 times
Quote:

I've had no issues starting businesses during the Bush era, the Obama era, and I don't expect any during the Trump era. A successful business owner will adapt to conditions (economical, environmental, political, etc.).

Not everyone is cut out to be a business owner, and, frankly, the economy needs workers in addition to business owners. There's nothing wrong with not being fit to run a business. You have plenty of other opportunities.

Old 08-05-2017, 08:16 PM

3,992 posts, read 2,439,824 times
Still waiting. At this point I'm sure the delay is caused by the length of said list and limits to the size of a single post here on CD not that OP was full of poop and ran away when called out on it.

Old 08-05-2017, 08:16 PM

18,561 posts, read 10,489,096 times
Quote:

First it wasn't Obama so there but I am glade you admit that you aren't smart enough to run a small business,you save us all money from the employees going on unemployment.

Old 08-05-2017, 08:21 PM

1,168 posts, read 1,217,648 times
Quote:

Thats because you do would do it the Conservative way with morals.
Try the Liberal way. Open the business, dont pay taxes untill they catch you, drag it out in court for years then settle for 5%..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies