Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2017, 01:44 PM

3,615 posts, read 2,330,890 times

Advertisements

Places without all the gender confusion and militant feminism like the home of marie curie, Poland, produce far higher percentages of female stem majors than the good ole feminist USA.

Probably because serious science and math majors are needed for the economy while we get feminist inspired crap like "womens studies" and tons of left wing garbage "social sciences" and these so called "strong independent" western feminists that suffer breakdowns at the use of sweetheart.

It doesnt surprise me so many eastern european countries also still have a much stronger sense of masculinity than the west and arent as accepting of the refugee and immigration invasion as an increasingly emasculated west

https://twitter.com/clairlemon/statu...93873094414336

Last edited by floridanative10; 08-10-2017 at 01:59 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2017, 02:07 PM

11,411 posts, read 7,806,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridanative10 View Post
Places without all the gender confusion and militant feminism like the home of marie curie, Poland, produce far higher percentages of female stem majors than the good ole feminist USA.

Probably because serious science and math majors are needed for the economy while we get feminist inspired crap like "womens studies" and tons of left wing garbage "social sciences" and these so called "strong independent" western feminists that suffer breakdowns at the use of sweetheart.

It doesnt surprise me so many eastern european countries also still have a much stronger sense of masculinity than the west and arent as accepting of the refugee and immigration invasion as an increasingly emasculated west

https://twitter.com/clairlemon/statu...93873094414336

Or because the culture of these countries is such that men are more accepting of women in the sciences and women who want to go into STEM fields aren't belittled, harassed and scorned for "trying to act like men" as many are here in the good ole misogynistic USA.

Old 08-10-2017, 02:13 PM

3,615 posts, read 2,330,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNC4Me View Post
Or because the culture of these countries is such that men are more accepting of women in the sciences and women who want to go into STEM fields aren't belittled, harassed and scorned for "trying to act like men" as many are here in the good ole misogynistic USA.
Oh yes there are far more male feminists in Russia and Poland than in america, especially american academia. lol. You dont get any more emasculated and leftist than the world of american academia

Old 08-10-2017, 02:15 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,363,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNC4Me View Post
Chicks can't add.

Yeah, that's what I hear daily.

Old 08-10-2017, 02:18 PM

221 posts, read 187,373 times
Wow OP, you really do hate American women, don't you?

Old 08-10-2017, 02:20 PM

36,529 posts, read 30,863,516 times
Wouldn't traditional gender roles disqualify women from working in those fields.
Where did the chart come from and who is Claire Leahmann that we should take notice of her twitter?

Old 08-10-2017, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridanative10 View Post
Oh yes there are far more male feminists in Russia and Poland than in america, especially american academia. lol. You dont get any more emasculated and leftist than the world of american academia

Who said they were male feminists? I said they were males who were more accepting of women in the sciences. Lots of men are in the USA, but lots are believers that women aren't suited to roles in science and those are the ones who discourage their daughters from pursuing STEM studies and make the lives of their female coworkers unpleasant every day.

Old 08-10-2017, 02:31 PM

19,637 posts, read 12,226,539 times
They may get more tech degrees but what is the workplace culture like for them in those countries? Maybe they just put up with a lot of bs like we used to.

Old 08-10-2017, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Chicks can't add.

Yeah, that's what I hear daily.

Chicks can't program either. I've hear that for the last 35 years. It's sad that some women who started programming when I did in the early 80s got fed up with dealing with the Good Ole Boys Network and found other ways to make a living. Until women are welcomed in the sciences and stay in those role, there are few to act as role models for the next generation.

I have a daughter who is in the Biotech field. Her experiences have for the most part been positive so I do have hope that more women will find the sciences a good place to be. She did have a few comical run ins with guys who thought a tall, blonde, blue eyed college girl needed their assistance in her Chem classes. One even started sitting next to her and tried to chat her up by offering to tutor her before the first organic chem exam because he was "good" at chemistry. She aced the test and he failed. He never sat with her again which was just fine with her.

Old 08-10-2017, 02:32 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,749,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Wouldn't traditional gender roles disqualify women from working in those fields.
Where did the chart come from and who is Claire Leahmann that we should take notice of her twitter?
That's what I'm wondering.

I'd love to see the entire report. Context can be everything. It may not be a problem that we are seeing this chart out of context. Or it may be a big problem.

I'm especially wondering whether countries ..."w/ more traditional gender roles are MORE likely to major in math & stem not less" include majority muslim countries. And I wonder whether it's still true here in the US that women attending women's colleges do better in STEM fields than women attending co-ed colleges.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies