Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2017, 10:36 AM

817 posts, read 752,528 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LINative View Post
I believe that California is a wealthy state not because of its politics but because of its favorable geography. This geography attracted many businesses and productive people in the past.

But that is also true of New York and if California is anything like New York it is living on this past favorable legacy which is going downhill with one sided crazy politics and excessive taxes and regulations.

Policies like high taxes and sanctuary cities will slowly drive California's future downward similarly to a misgoverned place called Venezuela.
Past legacy? California is always trendy, and desirable. The frontrunner of Tech, media, and aerospace. If anything, New York is a dinosaur that has Wall St and that's it

Old 08-04-2017, 10:37 AM

12,566 posts, read 10,611,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hound 109 View Post
Disneyland is far superior to WDW for 6 different reasons (weather being one).

I don't get the love for In N Out. The burger's OK.....but you have watch out or they pour goopy russian dressing all over it. The shakes are great, but the fries are inedible, not even the birds will eat them. I have to eat 2 double/doubles to get the greasebomb content or stuffed feeling that one Whataburger Patty Melt or Monterey Melt delivers. (& In N Out doesn't have honey chicken biscuits).

I have a relative who told me they love In N Out because of the "fresh veggies". Who gives a rat about veggies when you're wanting to scarf down a large well made Burger to take care of your grease bomb fix ??
I go 3x3 animal style without the spread. The spread is worthless. I agree about the fries. This coming from a guy that rarely eats burgers.

Old 08-04-2017, 10:37 AM

10,097 posts, read 10,004,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
You seem to be easily annoyed.
It's hyperbole, but wouldn't you be annoyed if some Californian kept telling you your state sucked to tenth degree because it has humidity?

Old 08-04-2017, 10:38 AM

2,333 posts, read 1,487,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 69Charger View Post
Past legacy? California is always trendy, and desirable. The frontrunner of Tech, media, and aerospace. If anything, New York is a dinosaur that has Wall St and that's it
Media, especially publishing, is more NYC to be honest.

11,904 posts, read 5,582,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 69Charger View Post
because humidity is a HUGE deal. it's why CA costs twice as much as Florida. And it's why you can be outside in the summer, and not drip sweat after 5 minutes.

By your weather logic, everyone should just follow the Marketwatch article today, and move to Iowa for some of those $139k homes.

I don't see Neil Diamond, Beach Boys, Don Henley, Dr Dre, or Snoop Dogg making hits about Florida weather
I'm not sure that the words of pop singers are a good basis for deciding where to live. If they were, I would live in Colorado for the Aspenglow.

12,566 posts, read 10,611,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
I've been to California. I have family there. Guess what. They live in trailerparks there! The nearby Native American reservation, they all live in trailer parks. And, you talk about rain? HA! Every year I see on the news about California's massive rain and flashfloods that cause millions in damages. Every, damn, year!

Then of course, the massive wildfires that plague the state, year after year.

Then the most famous natural disaster California is known for.

We might get hurricanes, but at least we get a warning so we can get out of dodge.
Te each their own.

I love how this thread deteriorated into Florida/California bashing.

Old 08-04-2017, 10:39 AM

19,717 posts, read 10,109,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Restrictions in business and economic freedom, yes. But as far as personal and social behavior goes, it one of the freer states.

https://www.freedominthe50states.org/personal
What about 2nd amendment restrictions?

736 posts, read 353,209 times
It isn't all that great here in CA. There are lot of homeless people all over the place. The unemployment rate here is around 5.5 if I remember correctly. Taxes are higher than most states. There is a lot traffic especially around areas like LA and popular beaches. Cost of living here is high.

If you make good money, then CA is nice, but if you make very little is a horrible place to live. Low salary people here are like slaves, especially all the illegals here who are abused and exploited by employers.

11,027 posts, read 6,501,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by radiolibre99 View Post
Nor Cal, can't you just go to Houston and get some Mariscos? The city has Mexican and Hispanic seafood places all over. Is that what you mean by Mariscos?
I'd rather take four hours to fly home to SF than drive three and a half hours to Houston for anything.

Old 08-04-2017, 10:40 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,582,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BicoastalAnn View Post
Media, especially publishing, is more NYC to be honest.
Best Chinese food, too.

I want a house on the beach in the mountains of Manhattan.

Effed, aren't I?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies