Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2017, 10:06 AM

12,039 posts, read 6,570,692 times

Advertisements

Illegal immigrants just in Los Angelos cost taxpayers $1.3 billion in two years and that doesn't even count the cost of education, crime, medical, and subsidized housing which can add another $24,000 per illegal.

LA made $1.3B in illegal immigrant welfare payouts in just 2 years | Fox News

Old 08-04-2017, 10:08 AM

10,097 posts, read 10,011,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyy View Post
I haven't been to Florida so I can't comment on the Mexican food there but to me there is no better Mexican food than what you find in Southern California. I am just a tad biased.
SoCal, for the win on Mexican. Texas for regional Americanized Mexican. Florida for overall Hispanic food, i.e. Cuban, Colombian, Venezuelan, Dominican, etc.

Old 08-04-2017, 10:11 AM

10,457 posts, read 4,040,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 69Charger View Post
Yes, the Liberal nuts and their taxation and environmental regulations make it a tough place to deal with sometimes, but it's rank as best place to live is unparalled.

You have the cool ocean water cooling down the hot desert air, creating the perfect Mediterranean climate.

You have the creative music and movie studios.

San Diego Zoo
Disneyland
Magic Mountain
Yosemite
Fisherman's Wharf
Best Hispanic and Asian food in the US
Grand Central Market
Sunset Strip
Silicon Valley
Mammoth
Lake Tahoe
Palm Springs

I would just put in a Republican legislature, watch it's GDP double from the deregulation, viola! Paradise
I live in Florida. Disney World is better than Disney Land. Tampa's Busch Gardens is better than anything California can come up with. Miami Metro Zoo, Miami Seaquarium and SeaWorld in Orlando is just as good as the ones in California. Miami has the best Spanish food, and NY has the best Chinese food, and the average working family in Florida can actually afford a decent family house. Plus, we have the Spacecoast and if I want to see mountains, a quick plane ride to the Smokey Mountains can fix that, or a nice cruise ship down to the Caribbean Islands can do that as well. Heck, a nice weekend out on the boat in the gulf, and I can visit some of the hottest and laid back cities on the waterfront.

Old 08-04-2017, 10:11 AM

817 posts, read 753,062 times
Los Angeles is rocketing up the "best food" scene faster than any other city.

I also forgot to mention In N Out.

Magic Mountain has best western US coasters, only Cedar Point is better.

But the biggest thing - Maybe Cali isn't the best at every individual thing, but as a collective in one location, there is nothing that can compete. Nothing.

Plus it's only a few hours from Vegas.

Old 08-04-2017, 10:12 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,587,643 times
I do rather envy Californians their ability to enjoy a wide variety of natural features: beaches, mountains, forests...geographically speaking, the state has it all, and and San Francisco is one of the loveliest cities on earth. I would not deal with L.A. traffic for anything. A commute of more than about 30 minutes cranks my **** right out.

Old 08-04-2017, 10:13 AM

12,566 posts, read 10,617,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
I live in Florida. Disney World is better than Disney Land. Tampa's Busch Gardens is better than anything California can come up with. Miami Metro Zoo, Miami Seaquarium and SeaWorld in Orlando is just as good as the ones in California. Miami has the best Spanish food, and NY has the best Chinese food, and the average working family in Florida can actually afford a decent family house. Plus, we have the Spacecoast and if I want to see mountains, a quick plane ride to the Smokey Mountains can fix that, or a nice cruise ship down to the Caribbean Islands can do that as well. Heck, a nice weekend out on the boat in the gulf, and I can visit some of the hottest and laid back cities on the waterfront.
Seaworld sucks no matter where it is.

The San Diego Zoo rocks.

Old 08-04-2017, 10:13 AM

817 posts, read 753,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
Florida absolutely sucks. Yes Disney World is better, but you can keep the disgusting humidity, hurricanes, rain, and trailer parks. I'll take the sun and low humidity everyday in California.

And you don't have In N Out

Old 08-04-2017, 10:15 AM

12,566 posts, read 10,617,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 69Charger View Post
Florida absolutely sucks. Yes Disney World is better, but you can keep the disgusting humidity, hurricanes, rain, and trailer parks. I'll take the sun and low humidity everyday in California.

And you don't have In N Out
I miss me some In N Out.

Old 08-04-2017, 10:17 AM

2,333 posts, read 1,489,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hound 109 View Post
I was born in Pasadena & visit once a year. CA is a good place to visit once a year. Comments in bold below:

Great place to visit. Wouldn't want to live there. Always seems to be getting more crowded and always feels that there are more Illegal Immigrants (which causes some of the overcrowding) each time I visit.

My parents lived there from 1945 to 1975. They said it was a magical place from 1945-1965. From the pics (& from the movies set from that period), I would agree.
Agree with all your comments. I think Ferry Bldg in SF is better than Grand Central Market (also more expensive) but maybe OP has never been.

Doesn't the "Mexican" food vary in the southern states b/c of the different regions people tend to come from? IDK, but that would be my thought. Mexico has lots of different regional foods. Found someone else who had some thoughts:

"In L.A. you get lots of Mexico City and Jalisco-style vendors. NYC has lots of Pueblans—they come from a state that has incredible cuisine, but not a strong taco culture. The border states of the U.S. have a connection to northern Mexican states. In California we have fish tacos. Texas has tacos de cabrito and de trompo. Arizona has Sonoran-style burritos. You hardly see taco vendors that go back to Mexico to keep up with the trends.” 10 Kinds of Tacos That Should Be More Popular In the U.S. | First We Feast

Old 08-04-2017, 10:17 AM

4,573 posts, read 6,781,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by radiolibre99 View Post
SoCal, for the win on Mexican. Texas for regional Americanized Mexican. Florida for overall Hispanic food, i.e. Cuban, Colombian, Venezuelan, Dominican, etc.
This is kind of my take.

My comment wasn't a dis on Cali. But the Caribbean influences of S. Florida (& many types) is why I listed it #1.

Texas on the list not only for "americanized" mex (Tex/Mex), but also lots of interior mexican. But hey....I LOVE all Latin food (& stick me in any of the 3 states for a year and I'll eat fabulous Latin food each day.

I've had good Mole in all 3 states. I like Breakfast Tacos in San Antonio and Austin & Breakfast Burritos in Orange County. Had great Cuban (garlic chicken) at Versailles in LA near the airport....and at also Versaille on 8th Ave. in Miami.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies