Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2017, 10:27 AM

30,227 posts, read 23,643,056 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
Congressman Ted Lieu

https://twitter.com/tedlieu/status/893215550842654720

This is the beginning of the end. The rats are beginning to flee:

As Mueller Closes In, Republicans Turn Away From Trump
"This is the beginning of the end..."

Hmmm. Where have we heard that before?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZ46I3kMOr0

If it hurts you too much to watch the entire victory, I'm specifically talking about the talking heads starting at 01:20.

So to translate what I think of your OP and anyone who buys in to that hysterical BS: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

It's just going to be yet another loss for the left. I'm all for that.

Old 08-05-2017, 10:49 AM

79 posts, read 92,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
Yeah. Didn't they throw Scooter Libby under the bus last time?
Yup. Bush commuted the sentence in 2007 and voided the prison term but the conviction is still on the record. History will repeat itself.

Old 08-05-2017, 10:51 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,461,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro5 View Post
Well when all else fails, get more prosecutors and another grand jury. They haven't found anything after months and months of looking and wasting taxpayer money. Not them, or the Senators, or anyone.

If they really had something incriminating we would know about it since everything in Washington leaks like a sieve.

So the real question should be what is this band of witch hunting nitwits and all their liberal butt buddies going to do after they find nothing again?
Goodness - ya'll were all IN with grand juries when it came to the Clintons.

Suddenly, grand juries = BAD.

Hypocrites.

Old 08-05-2017, 10:52 AM

25,442 posts, read 17,128,344 times
The opinion of another California congressperson. Oh, good.

There are only a couple of legislators from California who make any sense. And Ted Lieu ain't one.

I think his C-D forum name is Jelly14, or something like that. Can't remember.

Old 08-05-2017, 10:53 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,461,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
A piece of paper means nothing if you in the end, didn't learn anything.

How many cases has he had?

How many has he won?

Oh, wait, he NEVER practiced law.

Obama "taught" Constitution Law yet, he was the MOST OVERTURNED President buy the courts, several by a 9-0 vote by the Supreme Court.

I guess all that "education" didn't sink on.

I am NOT deriding a good education but, book knowledge only goes so far, THEN you have ACT.

Maybe the time he worked for the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals had an affect on his thinking.
BUT, BUT, BUT ~ OBAMA!!

Poor dears just could not stand it when we had an educated man in the White house that could actually get HIS OWN PARTY to act.

Trump is a colossal failure and no amount of Obama blaming can stop it.

Old 08-05-2017, 10:57 AM

10,513 posts, read 5,142,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Oh God, here we go again!! Let's let this Russia thing die a natural death. The chances are nothing is going to even be proven. It has been going on forever it seems. ...
Based on pure speculation from what little we know today:

1. Near 100% certain Trump will be formally accused of obstruction of justice. That's because he did it so openly in plain view. Exhibit A was firing James Comey and making remarks about it being done to relieve the Russia pressure.

2. 50-50 or better Trump or his family are indicted for financial crimes. Tax evasion, money laundering, etc., due to many questionable or shady business deals, some of them involving wealthy Russians.

3. 50-50 or better former Trump associates Manafort and Flynn get convicted or make a plea deal.

4. Less than 50% chance Trump is found guilty of Russia collusion. This is very hard to prove. Unless Mueller has a classified electronic intercept of phone calls with Trump and Russians coordinating things, I think there's a good chance Trump will escape charges on this.

I think the most likely outcome is when Trump is faced with having his finances and taxes spilled out in court, he will make a deal to resign in exchange for keeping his finances private.

Old 08-05-2017, 11:16 AM

37,061 posts, read 19,035,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Oh God, here we go again!! Let's let this Russia thing die a natural death. The chances are nothing is going to even be proven. It has been going on forever it seems. Our country has so many problems to work out, Russia is the least of our concerns or should be and now we see posters posting something someone said, that someone else said or many could be true. This would be funny if it were not so sad. It seems the liberals can't find anything better to talk about.

18436572, sure they got him this time, but like they got Hillary so many times.
Actually, less than three months. The Benghazi hearings went on for over two years, and Trey Gowdy admitted that it was all a ruse to discredit Hillary.

I think we should at least give the Special Prosecutor another year and a half to do his job, just to be fair.

Old 08-05-2017, 11:21 AM

6,172 posts, read 3,370,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
Ted Lieu is a former prosecutor. I think he has some idea of how this all works.
If he is a former prosecutor than he should know that grand juries inquiries are not privy to the public including a former prosecutor.

Old 08-05-2017, 11:26 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,077,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
Libs gone wild?

The worst thing that could happen to the Dems is for their dreams to come true and Trump leave the White House.
Do they think he'll be replaced by some Democrat?!
No. They'll just have to start all over with Mike Pence.

PS: Gotta love the "word is...." posts.
Funny thing about "word is" is that rumor often comes from inside knowledge. Where I live, there was rumor about a major business deal, that many people scoffed at, but as it turns out, it was true. The maid had found a memo in the trash that probably should have gone in the shredder instead.

Old 08-05-2017, 11:28 AM

35,556 posts, read 20,897,588 times
I think He will blow it all by himself, something he does,or says, or tweets. He would lose the presidency- before they mess with his billions.. He won't let the FEDS get to the core of his empire- -somehow he will self destruct and cut out- Playtime is OVER
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.