Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2017, 10:40 AM

3,440 posts, read 2,526,401 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver-Fox View Post
I hate sharks , and I am an East Coast surfer. Why such compassion for a shark. Who cares? Go on in life, there are more important things to worry about than trying to get these guys in trouble for killing or playing with a shark. Sharks kill and maim people and you are worried about the poor shark. I have hope sharks will be extinct soon. Worry about human beings being killed, instead of this nonsense...
Well, the upside of people with your mentality is, when all the animals that you're afraid of die or are killed off, and biodiversity is reduced to the point life can't sustain itself, it spells the extinction of man. But in this case, if you want to kill an animal, kill it, end it's life with some compassion. Finding "enjoyment" in tormenting and killing an animal, makes these guys just sick basturds.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2017, 11:24 AM

18,158 posts, read 15,623,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver-Fox View Post
I hate sharks , and I am an East Coast surfer. Why such compassion for a shark. Who cares? Go on in life, there are more important things to worry about than trying to get these guys in trouble for killing or playing with a shark. Sharks kill and maim people and you are worried about the poor shark. I have hope sharks will be extinct soon. Worry about human beings being killed, instead of this nonsense...
Pretty skewed "logic." Using this mindset then any and all predators deserve to be tortuous killed just for being what they are and posing a threat to you because you choose to play on their turf. How dare this critter live in the ocean where you exercise your God given right to surf.

I have spent my whole life cohabitatating with wildlife. Large apex predators among that wildlife. Never have I taken the view that such animals should be exterminated just because we occupied the same space. And to justify that take based on something as superfluous as surfing just floors me. I have had to track down and kill mountain lions that were killing my livestock, and otherwise presented an unacceptable threat to both humans and domestic animals. But I took no joy in doing so.

I really can't wrap my head around what you're saying here. That because you're a surfer, and want to go in the ocean, that all sharks should be drug behind boats to facilitate that. Yes, I've tracked down and killed predators, but not just because we happened to share the same space. Because they presented an abnormal threat and we're causing me and mine injury. Had they not been doing so, I'd have been entirely willing to live and let live.

But 5 newborn calves, 3 foals, and an entire pen of my neighbors sheep slaughtered and just the milk bags of the ewes eaten wasn't being neighborly. I understand the need to defend ones livelyhood, and to eliminate a viable threat to ones loved ones as well where predators are concerned. But to blithely advocate the extermination by the nastiest of methods of an entire species because you want to ride a board across a wave? Seriously?

The total and complete absence of rational thought here is quite beyond my understanding. Stock killers, man eaters, Rouge animals that threaten life and livelyhood are one matter. But what you are advocating here is killing for the sake of killing, with no justification beyond an irrational hatred of an animal that just is what it is. Words totally fail me here. Would you also advocate that all tigers, lions, leapords, any and all predatory mammals and fish, birds of prey, be slaughtered en masse because they may present some form of competition for humans pursuing some form of recreational activity? I'm genuinely curious here.

I'm no animal rights nut. I know better than some, maybe not as good as others that there is a time and reason where wildlife needs to be controlled to protect life and livelyhood. But that hardly means wholesale eradication of every animal that even remotely resembles the specific individual problem animal and to actually take pleasure in the physical torture of these animals. If sharks truly provoke such a hatred in you perhaps you might consider a hobby that doesn't require the possibility of coming in contact with them. Since it seems that the prospect of possible contact with any potentially dangerous wildlife would see you shaking like a dog sh***** peach pits mayhaps something like knitting would be more suited to your sense of security.

Just sayin'.....

Old 08-09-2017, 11:42 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,740,268 times
wow!

Old 08-09-2017, 12:10 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,725,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhallian View Post
Trophy hunters are disgusting people.
I agree and it has nothing to do with politics.

Again, who would seek to kill an elephant for fun?

Old 08-09-2017, 04:19 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,859,151 times
I hope government spares no expense in dealing with these people who harmed that shark. We have to stop things like this dead in their tracks because of the harm it causes society.
Sorry can't take the call on call on domestic abuse our funding went to protect sharks.

Slap the numbnuts with a $100 fine and get on to dealing with things that actually matter.

Old 08-09-2017, 04:46 PM

11,904 posts, read 5,585,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
I hope government spares no expense in dealing with these people who harmed that shark. We have to stop things like this dead in their tracks because of the harm it causes society.
Sorry can't take the call on call on domestic abuse our funding went to protect sharks.

Slap the numbnuts with a $100 fine and get on to dealing with things that actually matter.
People who torture animals often graduate to hurting or killing people.

Old 08-09-2017, 09:11 PM

20,046 posts, read 20,844,919 times
#sharklivesmatter

Old 08-09-2017, 09:20 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,729,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FC76-81 View Post
I really hope they throw the book at these morons, but hard!

Wildlife officials ID men dragging shark in online video
I refuse to watch this video.

Going off title alone I can tell you that this is the kind of thing that makes me hate people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
Even if they don't graduate to that, we don't need useless pos like that on this earth. Anyone who would torture an innocent animal needs to be exterminated. F that $100 fine. Get rid of needless scum like this. That is a living, breathing creature that they tortured. At no time should we accept light slaps on the wrist for abusing a living, breathing, innocent creature. Just get rid of these people. The world has no use for them. NONE.

Old 08-09-2017, 09:24 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,740,268 times
It is hard to watch and the shark dragging video is only the tip of the iceberg. There are a lot of other pictures and videos from these men that are just as bad, if not worse. The people who defend or try to justify such behavior make me ill.

Old 08-09-2017, 09:47 PM

1,229 posts, read 859,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post

Yes ----- many serial killers started out with a lust to kill inocent animals. Jeffery Dahmer started out stangling cats.

What's truly bothersome is that even if they are telling the truth and found the dog dead, floating in the river, why show a picture of the dead dog with the hashtag on the bottom that says "sharkbait"

That dog was at some point someones dear friend and campanion.....who would want their deceased friend cut up and used for sharkbait....

A small fine wont deter punk-asses of this caliber.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies