Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2017, 09:44 AM

20,872 posts, read 9,541,930 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Help Trump do what?

Ok...I'll admit that I want to help Trump as much as Republicans wanted to help Barack Obama.
This is so true.

All the people here crying that we should help Trump just because he's president were hardly saying the same thing when Obama was president.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2017, 09:50 AM

8,793 posts, read 8,166,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
I didn't say he is dividing us, the democrats are dividing us by not working with Trump.

There is no doubt "united we stand, divided we fall" and that is why no matter who is president, the entire government should work together for the American people.
So, was the Republican party dividing us when they refused to work with President Obama? As I recall, it was 24 hours a day of "Obama is dividing us back then." Th R party should at least be consistent.

Old 08-05-2017, 09:51 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,315,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
This is so true.

All the people here crying that we should help Trump just because he's president were hardly saying the same thing when Obama was president.
To add/
Yeah 8 years of voting no,500 filibusters and everything possible to obstruct the previous admins attempts to improve the lot of America and now an inexperienced clown is elected and all of a sudden the GOP want us all to work together? yeah sure.we'll work together in the next election to oust this imposter in the white house.

Old 08-05-2017, 09:55 AM

3,440 posts, read 2,528,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
To add/
Yeah 8 years of voting no,500 filibusters and everything possible to obstruct the previous admins attempts to improve the lot of America and now an inexperienced clown is elected and all of a sudden the GOP want us all to work together? yeah sure.we'll work together in the next election to oust this imposter in the white house.
It appears they're not even willing to work with him. If a president can't get either party behind him, is he effective enough to get anything done or would it be more patriotic to resign?

Old 08-05-2017, 09:59 AM

13,240 posts, read 4,927,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowtired14 View Post
But, he doesn't need them, why can't he get his own party behind him? He doesn't have a plan or a strategy, he thought it was going to be a matter of just putting his signature on the dotted line and move on to the next item. Unfortunately, governing is not that easy.
Governing is not only not that easy, it's a different 'animal' than campaigning.

What worked for Mr. Trump on the campaign trail, basically a FUD (Fear, Uncertainty, & Doubt) campaign, along with dragging the American people along on a 'rollercoaster of emotions' is not conducive to competent, coherent, & trustworthy governing.

I'd hazard to guess the skill sets required (particularly when using the FUD campaign style) are nearly mutually exclusive.

Old 08-05-2017, 10:05 AM

24,502 posts, read 17,239,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
This is so true.

There were some Obama policies that should have been blocked but the GOP talked a lot and then they caved on most things including Obamacare that should have been thought out a bit better.

Obama had a lot of help, he had the Dems on his side as a united front. They were just as united for everything Obama as they are against everything Trump. I have to give them credit for standing strong as a party even if it is holding America back.

Obama also had the media on his side who mostly under reported the controversial ideas or completely ignored them while highlighting and inflating the good that he did.
Obama had celebrities, rappers and Hollywood on his side as well as many influential people.

Trump has the mass media dumping on him and much of Hollywood is standing high on their soap boxes to discredit him.

I know there was a lot of push back against Obama but it was nothing compared to what Trump is experiencing.

I find it comical that people do not see how bad Trump is getting it, sure he starts some of his own problems but still hating him is doing nothing for America.

Old 08-05-2017, 10:10 AM

4,713 posts, read 3,473,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyndarn View Post
Wouldn't we all be better off to help not hinder Trump?

WTH would any responsible citizen HELP Trump ??? He's clearly undermining American's standing within the circle of ALLy's!! Never mind his multi-monthly rally's that undermind everything that American's STAND FOR!!

He got initial ( give him a try attitude).. but his totally weird and aberrant behaviours within US and on foreign soil behave so despicably.. that He's become a pariah .. Basically NOT TRUSTED!! When another country considers putting their blood and treasure to support America???? NOPE.. Trump is NOT a man of his word.. and he lies about everything.. WHY would anybody back this Imbecile POTUS at present!

German Chancellor said clearly " WE are on our own".. she said it and means it! This No ally TRUSTS Trump and SOS/MATTIS are cleanup behind Trump.. the DUMPSTER of CR@P that causes DISTRUST!!

Trump, from day ONE undermined any chance for " Honeymoon" period .. His fragile ego just crushed any chance for that!! Political Capital got expended within a month!!

6 months later.. EVEN GOP Congress has lost TRUST with this Narcissist/Family run WH plus the ALT-Right and Conspiracy Theorist "Whisperer" maintaining that small portion ( 25-33%) of American voters!!

Better off?? I say a BIG NO!! Look at the damages he has already caused without that 100% support.. Congress wanted to.. but Trump undermined it ... WHY should they support this "Mental Midget"??
Couldn't have said it better.

Old 08-05-2017, 10:14 AM

23,856 posts, read 13,754,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
There were some Obama policies that should have been blocked but the GOP talked a lot and then they caved on most things including Obamacare that should have been thought out a bit better.

Obama had a lot of help, he had the Dems on his side as a united front. They were just as united for everything Obama as they are against everything Trump. I have to give them credit for standing strong as a party even if it is holding America back.

Obama also had the media on his side who mostly under reported the controversial ideas or completely ignored them while highlighting and inflating the good that he did.
Obama had celebrities, rappers and Hollywood on his side as well as many influential people.

Trump has the mass media dumping on him and much of Hollywood is standing high on their soap boxes to discredit him.

I know there was a lot of push back against Obama but it was nothing compared to what Trump is experiencing.

I find it comical that people do not see how bad Trump is getting it, sure he starts some of his own problems but still hating him is doing nothing for America.
Yes, he did. Obama went to a lot of pains to make sure they were all on more or less the same page. He certainly didn't berate and belittle them in public.

The people who voted for Trump are to blame for this mess. Plenty of people, including me, pointed out that he simply doesn't have the attitude or skill set to be an effective president. This was obvious from the get-go.

Personalize this a little bit - one of your co-workers is simply inept, and isn't right for the position s/he has. Is it your job to shore that person up?

Old 08-05-2017, 10:16 AM

4,713 posts, read 3,473,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustermannBB View Post
Did Trump support/help Obama?
Hmm. Good question. Answer: in a word "NO".

Old 08-05-2017, 10:17 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,532,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
I am so tired of all the negativity coming out of DC.
Dude. The calls are coming from INSIDE the house.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
The op may not care Russia interfered with our elections, no foreign government should be able to interfere, spread propaganda or influence in anyway our election. The op may not care if his president is bought and paid for by Russia but I care as do millions of Americans
Russian bots are busier than ever continuing to spread propaganda - at least 5300 have been identified and that is today.

How many are on this forum?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies