Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2017, 10:21 PM

20,722 posts, read 9,318,602 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Wouldn't we all be better off to help not hinder Trump?
If this was just about any republican except Trump, I might agree, or at least be indifferent or neutral. When Bush was president I really didn't mind him all that much, even though tons of people I know hated him (mind you, I wasn't a big fan of his, but I also didn't hate him, he just got caught in some unfortunate situations not of his doing and was bound to look bad no matter what he did).

But Trump, because he is so stunningly dishonest, a pathological liar, a rapist, is completely clueless and is generally one of the most immoral presidents we've ever had, deserves every misfortune that can befall him. Add in the fact he's got this personality cult following him - and there is nothing I distrust more than people who have cult followings - and that compounds everything. The Trump cultists remind me of the people who sat there agape and in near ecstasy at Hitler while he was giving one of his speeches . . . it's a psychological phenomenon I feel is extremely dangerous.

If Trump has a heart attack and Pence takes over, I will probably cease posting in this section. I'm not going to agree with Pence on a lot of issues, but at least he isn't a pathological liar who is completely clueless. Your average joe republican isn't going to bother me much.

See all the people saluting and adoring Hitler in this video? These are the Trump cultists. I can show the same thing for any other of a number of dictators.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPU6uxNxeNQ
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2017, 10:40 PM

18,512 posts, read 7,256,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post

See all the people saluting and adoring Hitler in this video? These are the Trump cultists. I can show the same thing for any other of a number of dictators.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPU6uxNxeNQ
You're out of your mind.

Old 08-04-2017, 10:42 PM

2,495 posts, read 2,709,365 times
Yes since we are all on the same boat!! If the boat sinks we all sink!!

Old 08-04-2017, 10:48 PM

31,837 posts, read 14,815,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jet757f View Post
Yes since we are all on the same boat!! If the boat sinks we all sink!!
I think the red states sink more than the blue.

Old 08-04-2017, 10:54 PM

6,003 posts, read 3,706,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
I am so tired of all the negativity coming out of DC.

The so called Deep State is trying their best to disrupt and destroy everything Trump. Trump was elected by The People and a minority is trying their best to nullify the election and the votes of millions. We were given 2 lousy candidates to choose from and Trump won.

I don't care if some Russian internet Troll spread negative stories about Hillary that put a bug in many people ears to vote against her. I don't care if Trump in his business dealings years before he chose to run for President borrowed money from a Russian bank and some how that makes him beholden to Putin beyond his monthly mortgage payment. I don't care that when visiting Miralago Baron Trump likes to have Russian dressing on his salads.
I don't care that Trump has a habit of putting his foot in his mouth.
He was elected for one reason, he was not the typical crooked career politician and he had some good ideas to correct some bad policy from the prior admin. to Make America Great Again.

There are so many people fighting Trump and leaking information to bring him down and no one seems to care that the leaks are illegal.

Wouldn't we all be better off if we pulled together to help Trump be the best President he can be?

It is ridiculous how much time, energy and money is being wasted trying to take him down when we should all be working together toward a common goal of making America great.
You guys sure didn't feel this way when Obama was president. Why do you expect those who are opposed to Trump treat him any differently than Obama was treated? What's the old saying? "You made your bed so now you lie in it." It's long past the time where you even have the right to ask us for fair treatment. You should have thought about all this 8 years ago.

Old 08-04-2017, 11:34 PM

9,639 posts, read 5,973,958 times
Quote:
I am so tired of all the negativity coming out of DC.

The so called Deep State is trying their best to disrupt and destroy everything Trump. Trump was elected by The People and a minority is trying their best to nullify the election and the votes of millions. We were given 2 lousy candidates to choose from and Trump won.

Eh... It was by the electoral college. In order to say it was by the people you have to win a popular vote.

I don't care if some Russian internet Troll spread negative stories about Hillary that put a bug in many people ears to vote against her. I don't care if Trump in his business dealings years before he chose to run for President borrowed money from a Russian bank and some how that makes him beholden to Putin beyond his monthly mortgage payment. I don't care that when visiting Miralago Baron Trump likes to have Russian dressing on his salads.
I don't care that Trump has a habit of putting his foot in his mouth.
He was elected for one reason, he was not the typical crooked career politician and he had some good ideas to correct some bad policy from the prior admin. to Make America Great Again.

There are so many people fighting Trump and leaking information to bring him down and no one seems to care that the leaks are illegal.

Wouldn't we all be better off if we pulled together to help Trump be the best President he can be?

It is ridiculous how much time, energy and money is being wasted trying to take him down when we should all be working together toward a common goal of making America great.
Anyhow...

Trump is his own worst enemy. He illustrates this time after time. If he wants it to stop, he needs to learn to govern and run a better ship. He's shown a total lack of leadership and the ships doing exactly what it'd do without a rudder... it flounders. Only he can change that.

Old 08-05-2017, 12:18 AM

20,605 posts, read 8,373,426 times
There is an expression my granny used to say, "Don't cut off your nose to spite your face." When I was little I didn't understand what it meant.

Some spiteful people want to punch a hole in the boat we are all in because Trump will drown. They don't realize we will all drown with him if the boat sinks. Why not make the best of what is on offer as everything seems to be improving with the exception of those damned wars. Gen. McMaster has to go but that's my other thread!

My pet project that I want Congress to move on is tax reform. I will save a small fortune, then do my best to boost the economy by spending it all!

Old 08-05-2017, 12:48 AM

3,263 posts, read 3,689,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
There is an expression my granny used to say, "Don't cut off your nose to spite your face." When I was little I didn't understand what it meant.

Some spiteful people want to punch a hole in the boat we are all in because Trump will drown. They don't realize we will all drown with him if the boat sinks. Why not make the best of what is on offer as everything seems to be improving with the exception of those damned wars. Gen. McMaster has to go but that's my other thread!

My pet project that I want Congress to move on is tax reform. I will save a small fortune, then do my best to boost the economy by spending it all!
The plain truth is you elected a man who does not know how to lead. He is also incredibly gormless. For example, every branch of US intelligence knows that Russia interfered with the US presidential election. Not only that, but the French, British and German security services knew it too, and informed the FBI accordingly.

The Democrats and the Republicans also accept that Russia intervened in the Presidential election, the only person who does not is Donald Trump. The question is, why doesn't he. To the world outside of the US it is difficult to comprehend how the American people can put up with the constant stream of lies and B/S coming out of the Trump White House.

A know nothing ****** is sitting in the oval office, and he is destroying America's good name.

Old 08-05-2017, 12:51 AM

57,022 posts, read 35,000,182 times
Help Trump do what?

Ok...I'll admit that I want to help Trump as much as Republicans wanted to help Barack Obama.

Old 08-05-2017, 01:16 AM

11,181 posts, read 10,470,006 times
Quote:
The so called Deep State is trying their best to disrupt and destroy everything Trump.
We are real and we are organized and we are the storm.
Sweet dreams!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies