Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2017, 08:37 AM

52,433 posts, read 26,480,308 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by animalcrazy View Post
Sorry dear, but I prefer emotional thinker and low information over deplorable. People who believe only what they want to believe ans spout off emotional rhetoric aren't deplorable. They're misguided. Pedophiles are deplorable. Murderers are deplorable. Emotional thinkers unwilling to do research and accept fact? Deplorable? Nah. Hillary was dead wrong.
LOL. You didn't help yourself with that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2017, 09:59 AM

58,684 posts, read 27,030,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridanative10 View Post
Good. CNN and tmz are both sleazy . CNN or tmz would not be popular in Texas headquarters of AT&T . Cnn might be sold to cbs but even then shareholders are nervous having such a hated network. Hopefully all these talented journalists at CNN and tmz can find work elsewhere

https://www.google.com/amp/deadline....202140037/amp/
"Hopefully all these talented journalists at CNN and tmz can find work elsewhere"

Where are all the "journalist" working now that were fired by CNN?

Old 08-07-2017, 10:09 AM

5,129 posts, read 2,585,537 times
Quote:
[b]I hope who ever buys CNN keeps it honest[/B]. Yes they fell prey to over zealous reporters, but they did the right thing and admitted it. That booster their credibility up a notch for me.

not sure why it wont bold right...but I have bigger technical problems to troubleshoot.

LOL thanks for the laugh, CNN should stick to covering hurricanes. When is elmo replacing Acosta?

Old 08-07-2017, 03:47 PM

20,688 posts, read 8,453,186 times
Quote:
Adam Schiff is my hero. He's a fair minded steady Eddie with a pension for the truth.
This is
my hero

Old 08-08-2017, 09:47 AM

5,752 posts, read 2,767,794 times
I just wanted to let this go on for a bit while the 'let's get a businessman in the white house' crowd shows once again they know nothing about business. Like another poster noted, ratings are at historic highs for CNN, and CBS has wanted to get their hands on CNN for a long time now.
So, if AT&T manages to finish the deal, Dear Leader is against it because CNN makes him cry, they would be able to spin off a property that has high value now, to a motivated buyer. See THAT is how business works, that is unless a tiny handed bozo with his pantries in a bunch gets it stopped. But that's not government interference is it, Cult 45.

Old 08-08-2017, 10:23 AM

8,580 posts, read 10,088,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCbaxter View Post
I just wanted to let this go on for a bit while the 'let's get a businessman in the white house' crowd shows once again they know nothing about business. Like another poster noted, ratings are at historic highs for CNN, and CBS has wanted to get their hands on CNN for a long time now.
So, if AT&T manages to finish the deal, Dear Leader is against it because CNN makes him cry, they would be able to spin off a property that has high value now, to a motivated buyer. See THAT is how business works, that is unless a tiny handed bozo with his pantries in a bunch gets it stopped. But that's not government interference is it, Cult 45.
Here's an industry insider's opinion:
Can't Blame Them For That

Old 08-08-2017, 11:26 AM

11,989 posts, read 5,261,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
Selectively reading again, Waldo? And you have to rehash that "Speaking for itself" line again. So I'll let the real statistics speak for themselves. 65% of Americans are anti-Trump. And before you go posting the November 2016 electoral college map again, let me remind you Trump has a job to do for four years after he is elected. It isn't just about winning, which is why 65% of Americans now dislike him.
When you're a Russian troll posting from Lord knows where, and trying to sound like someone from North Carolina it's safer to use the same phrases again and again rather than accidentally revealing who you really are.

Old 08-08-2017, 12:05 PM

30,207 posts, read 23,620,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridanative10 View Post
Good. CNN and tmz are both sleazy . CNN or tmz would not be popular in Texas headquarters of AT&T . Cnn might be sold to cbs but even then shareholders are nervous having such a hated network. Hopefully all these talented journalists at CNN and tmz can find work elsewhere

https://www.google.com/amp/deadline....202140037/amp/
If they want to get rid of toxic assets, they need to dump Time Warner. Second worst cable company EVER.

Old 08-08-2017, 12:16 PM

9,820 posts, read 7,110,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
If they want to get rid of toxic assets, they need to dump Time Warner. Second worst cable company EVER.
Um, get with the program. Time Warner sold TWC to Charter over a year ago.

Old 08-08-2017, 12:21 PM

52,433 posts, read 26,480,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robr2 View Post
Um, get with the program. Time Warner sold TWC to Charter over a year ago.
Incorrect also.

Time Warner and Time Warner Cable split apart in 2009. It had nothing to do with the cable company's recent merger with Charter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies