Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2017, 06:30 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,743,685 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Still believing all those polls.. ha.. didn't do Hillary any good now did it.
What does Clinton have to do with it? We're talking about Trump.

Old 08-05-2017, 06:31 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,157,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Rambler View Post
What an over the top thread fueled by the fine propaganda available on Info Wars. Now the kool aid crowd wants to go all macho on us and fight a second civil war? Well, the last civil war really worked out so great for ya'll that I can see why you'd want a second serving. NOT! The US military is not going to defect to your side and good luck to you blow hards with your squirrel guns and militias.

Trump's approval rating does nothing but fall and now stands at a dismal 36%, so don't pretend that you're on the side of "democracy" especially when your cult leader didn't even win the popular vote.

The CD politics forum is already infamous for its extreme right wing slant, but this is one of the worst threads yet - a new low indeed.
Hillary's illegal voters are getting deported..

Old 08-05-2017, 06:32 PM

14,400 posts, read 14,303,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Still believing all those polls.. ha.. didn't do Hillary any good now did it.
I believe them far more than I believe the nonsense you keep spouting. An investigation has just begun and you have have already convinced yourself nothing wrong occurred.

The opinion of the Special Counsel and the Senate Investigating Committee are far more important than your conclusions.

Old 08-05-2017, 06:36 PM

30,432 posts, read 21,248,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
Most people are healthy...until they aren't.
Well when that day comes jay the pital can foot the bill or lien my house, then when i die they can have it.

I don't mind paying a fair price, but charging $100's for a box of tissue is a issue in my book, or charging 1000's for a nites stay ray. I see paying a 100 a nite at the most.

Something is broken when pitals can charge what they do.

Old 08-05-2017, 06:38 PM

14,848 posts, read 8,207,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
Get a clue. We're over Hillary. She lost. We're kinda glad to see her go. The only people talking about her are you folks with nothing else to say.
I was using Hillary as an example. Who exactly are you going to replace Trump with? Why would that person be considered legitimate?

If the Army isn't going to fight for Trump, who are they going to fight for?

My point is, the Army is far more likely to fight for Trump, because he represents the only legitimate government. Whether they like him or not.

Old 08-05-2017, 06:38 PM

13,242 posts, read 4,922,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustermannBB View Post
Agreed.
I think the worst case scenario in the future if the conservatives and liberals continue to divide as much as they are currently the Union could break apart, not with actual battles but states would just secede as holding it together would become more and more difficult.
But even that I find highly unlikely and certainly is nothing I would want to see.
Most reasonable folks don't want Wars.

Even in re: to the American Civil War. Before that one, the 36th Congress reviewed more than 200 resolutions with respect to slavery, including introducing 57 resolutions proposing constitutional amendments. Many or most of those represented compromises designed to avert military conflict.

Old 08-05-2017, 06:40 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,617,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fordtrucks View Post
You better believe they''ll be a civil. These idiots have no idea they're playing with fire. Im not a violent man but if there is a civil war. I hope the corrupt liberal main street media gets targeted first!!!

https://www.infowars.com/savage-civi...mp-taken-down/

They want Marshal Law, to terminate the Constitution.

Old 08-05-2017, 06:44 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,157,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
Yeah, sure.
Civil war?
Who is going to lead it? How will everything be managed? Who would have the authority needed to conduct, engage and oversee such a war?

There are a sky-high stack of very good reasons why the United States has only gone to war with itself once. Civil war has been the ending of democracy through time and history.

Once one happens, another always follows, worse than the first. And then a dictator takes over the rubble.

The United States is the only nation that has survived as an intact democracy after one civil war.

The fact that America did not lapse into dictatorship is remarkable, but the fact the war ended with just one war is even more remarkable.

Ours was the most vicious and deadly war our nation has ever fought. It wiped out 25% of our young men, crippled the South the most permanently, but crippled both sides for decades, and caused us all such pain and grief we have never wanted to indulge in another.

We have also paid a very high price in blood and treasure in keeping us united against all comers ever since. I seriously doubt any single President, no matter how bad, can cause those bonds to break.

Don't listen to these guys. They are all making a living spewing garbage that's intended for the most stupid listeners. Turn them off and go call your brother instead. Avoid brain rot.
Too late.. they listen to what is happening on the totalitarian news that has taken over most of the networks.. Americans are not going to go down lightly.. they have hope as they had to wait it out with Obama in for 8 years as he brought this country down with hate and division.. if they want division,, they have it! They created it and continue with their lies and hate..

If Trump was removed , which I doubt , but they could assassinate him and it would not be over.. it would be the beginning as we took our hate toward those who caused Trumps removal..

Many are not going to just go on after we voted Trump in and had to listen to the liberal networks trying to bring him down even before he was elected.. it has been a long road and what I hear is very angry people with this russia russia russia .. lies lies lies.. it would not be pretty. Sure there will be the peacemakers but I don't think it would stop them.. it is actually much bigger than Trump.. it is their own identity of being an American following the Constitution. We do not want to go back to corrupt Washington.. no way..it would be one day that I wouldn't want to see. The push back would be greater than anyone could imagine.

Old 08-05-2017, 06:46 PM

13,242 posts, read 4,922,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fordtrucks View Post
You better believe they''ll be a civil. These idiots have no idea they're playing with fire. Im not a violent man but if there is a civil war. I hope the corrupt liberal main street media gets targeted first!!!

https://www.infowars.com/savage-civi...mp-taken-down/
You say you're "not a violent man"?

Sheeesh. Even Genghis Khan acknowledged, "Conquering the world on horseback is easy; it is dismounting & governing that is hard".

Think he is also thought to have said, "Violence never settles anything".

Some folks need to 'man up' & govern. Same for legislators ~ 'man up'.

Old 08-05-2017, 06:46 PM

14,848 posts, read 8,207,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
True. And you are the first person to bring it up as a possibility. What does that make you?

Trump will not be deposed. IF he is impeached, he will step aside for the next in line - Pence - and the military will be just fine with it.

And if a few dozen misfits start waving their rifles around, the military will be just fine with corralling them, if President Pence orders them to.

Trump isn't going to be impeached. But if he was successfully removed from office, in the absence of a real crime, it would set a very dangerous precedent, and would make the government appear illegitimate. And it would further divide and radicalize Americans, who are already divided, and becoming more radical.

I know that, for the most part, they don't really want to remove Trump, because of how dangerous it would be. They merely want to make sure he doesn't change anything.

But, if they make the mistake and push too hard, things could get very ugly.

And just to remind you people, it doesn't take many people to start a Civil War, or even to destabilize a government. The far-right regularly makes reference to the "Three-percent". Because 3% of 330 million Americans, is nearly ten million men.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies