Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2017, 01:47 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,363,738 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Trump and his expertise knows how to create wealth for Americans. Sorry you are jealous of wealth makers.

Trump and his 'expertise' also know how to protect himself with bankruptcy and walk away with $$$ while leaving others holding empty bags. His history shows little use of that 'expertise' to benefit others, what reason is there to believe that's changed?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2017, 02:05 PM

7,588 posts, read 6,624,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Trump and his expertise knows how to create wealth for Americans. Sorry you are jealous of wealth makers.
Oh, god, here we go with the kindergarten playground insults already - "Wahhh, yer just jealous!!! Neener neener neener!" Time and again, talking with Trumpheads is like talking wth small children.

I won't even bother addressing the infantile "jealously" remark. Let me just ask you what basis you have for saying "Trump and his expertise know how to create wealth for Americans." What evidence of that do you have?

Anything?

Anything at all? What's he going to do, teach the whole country how to cheat and swindle one another?

Old 08-06-2017, 02:08 PM

57,242 posts, read 26,182,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridanative10 View Post
George will has been a pathetic figure for so long its almost comical. he said the republican party would never win another election if it didn't win the majority of hispanic votes, he said trump had no chance to win the electio,n he said in 2010 the republicans were heading for irrelevancy and they were doomed as party because of demographic changes and now they are at their strongest in 100 years.

no wonder liberals have started to love him, he is a very mediocre pundit

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...66321999495168
It's just nice to see some republicans own up to the train wreck that has hijacked their party. I know you don't believe Trump is a true conservative. Other than this election Will was correct in his statement regarding presidential elections.

Old 08-06-2017, 02:48 PM

4,663 posts, read 4,546,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threerun View Post
I'm a Buckley Conservative and trying to figure out the same thing..
Rockefeller Republican, scratching his head as well.

Old 08-06-2017, 02:59 PM

3,221 posts, read 1,736,490 times
Notice how there are only RINOs and no DINOs. For Republicans, any harsh criticism of their own party renders them vulnerable to the RINO label. I've seen that insult flung around on these forums for George Will, John McCain, Lindsey Graham, and Jeff Flake for not falling with the party line and criticizing Trump. This...when Trump isn't remotely a traditional conservative by any means.

This is because one party in our country is so goddamn tribal that it is completely incapable of self reflection.

Sure both parties have their problems, but let's not pretend like they're equal problems. I'm sick of the false equivalency between the ills of the parties.

Old 08-06-2017, 03:10 PM

17,782 posts, read 13,673,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhallian View Post
Notice how there are only RINOs and no DINOs. For Republicans, any harsh criticism of their own party renders them vulnerable to the RINO label. I've seen that insult flung around on these forums for George Will, John McCain, Lindsey Graham, and Jeff Flake for not falling with the party line and criticizing Trump. This...when Trump isn't remotely a traditional conservative by any means.

This is because one party in our country is so goddamn tribal that it is completely incapable of self reflection.

Sure both parties have their problems, but let's not pretend like they're equal problems. I'm sick of the false equivalency between the ills of the parties.
The most ironic thing about this column is that the "grotesque" democrats that George Will wrote about as a young man have spawned the "grotesque" republicans he is now writing about as an old man.

Old 08-06-2017, 06:53 PM

7,775 posts, read 6,379,741 times
Will is a RINO, and David Brooks is his understudy.

Old 08-06-2017, 07:24 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,178,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
One thing is for sure: We have never had a President more unsuited emotionally and psychologically for the job of President of the United States than our current one.
You have to continue to remind yourself that despite that, the people decided he was better than the other options.

The answer to Trump is better candidates.

Old 08-06-2017, 07:41 PM

9,254 posts, read 3,584,142 times
I was a College Republican, volunteered for and donated to Republican candidates over 2 decades on the local, State and National levels, and had reliably voted for Rupublivan Presidential candidates... until 2016. Trump is vile, without principle, and an embarrassment to the party and the country. George Will is right on target, as was David Frum in his pre-election commentary in The Atlantic.

Old 08-06-2017, 08:38 PM

809 posts, read 746,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEPLimey View Post
I was a College Republican, volunteered for and donated to Republican candidates over 2 decades on the local, State and National levels, and had reliably voted for Rupublivan Presidential candidates... until 2016. Trump is vile, without principle, and an embarrassment to the party and the country. George Will is right on target, as was David Frum in his pre-election commentary in The Atlantic.
I've never been a fan of George Will, but I have to give him credit (and possibly you) for dealing with the angst of cognitive dissonance.

You and he are staunch republicans. You realized our republican president is crap. Cognitive dissonance. You could have rationalized your support for trump. Instead.... Congratulations.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies