Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should medical marijuana be legalized?
Yes 68 80.95%
No 16 19.05%
Voters: 84. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2017, 09:33 AM

16,910 posts, read 10,582,210 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
According to a friend who takes marinol, it does not provide the same level of relief as MJ does.
No, it just doesn't make you high.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

19,717 posts, read 10,109,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atalanta View Post
Sorry about your arthritis pain. Have you tried acupuncture? Works good.

Polls can be misleading. It depends on the target audience for the poll.
Nothing currently available works. But I know someone who smokes MJ who says it helps a lot, but she lives in a state where it is legal, I don't.

3,129 posts, read 1,330,909 times
Quote:
Sorry about your arthritis pain. Have you tried acupuncture? Works good.

Polls can be misleading. It depends on the target audience for the poll.
How's this for a reason, Atalanta? My own personal story:

Being a product of 2 lifelong chain-smoking chronic alcoholic parents, I have a pretty good viewpoint from which to observe how those addictions affected their lives. My mother died at 62.

I am now 60 and have never used tobacco, but I have used cannabis daily for over 45 years. I have never even filed a medical insurance claim in my entire life (literally).

I have all the long term research I need to draw a conclusion.

Especially when I compare my life (it's actually a quite good one, you might be surprised) to my 71 year old brother's. He wasn't able to escape the alcohol demon that has run in my family's tree for generations. This is a word for word text I received just 2 days ago about his latest condition, from his step daughter. It is only the tip of the ice burg when it comes to how alcoholism has affected his life:

Quote:
Just so you both know, John didn't make it 24 hours in the new apartment without getting drunk. I made it clear to him, when he was sober, that I will not pay his bills, and I will not move him again until he moves to Sterling in July. I will go into the apartment before they lock him out and get my TV, my bed and his scooter. This time he will come out of rehab with Nothing. They can keep his clothes, my dishes, pots & pans, my recliner etc...I'm done. He has to hit his bottom. I will make the house payment on Sterling because the rent check covers it. He's literally going to have to be homeless to hit his bottom or in jail or a nursing home to stay sober. Otherwise, he will be dead in no time. I can't fix him and he doesn't want to fix himself. So sad.
I am SO BLESSED to have found a plant that has helped me to avoid the fate of my parents, grandparents, and brother. The criminal part of this story, to me, are all the folks who believe that I should be in prison for using a plant to help me pull myself up by the bootstraps and make something out of my life.

Old 08-06-2017, 09:44 AM

5,661 posts, read 3,520,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raddo View Post
How's this for a reason, Atalanta? My own personal story:

Being a product of 2 lifelong chain-smoking chronic alcoholic parents, I have a pretty good viewpoint from which to observe how those addictions affected their lives. My mother died at 62.

I am now 60 and have never used tobacco, but I have used cannabis daily for over 45 years. I have never even filed a medical insurance claim in my entire life (literally).

I have all the long term research I need to draw a conclusion.

Especially when I compare my life (it's actually a quite good one, you might be surprised) to my 71 year old brother's. He wasn't able to escape the alcohol demon that has run in my family's tree for generations. This is a word for word text I received just 2 days ago about his latest condition, from his step daughter. It is only the tip of the ice burg when it comes to how alcoholism has affected his life:

I am SO BLESSED to have found a plant that has helped me to avoid the fate of my parents, grandparents, and brother. The criminal part of this story, to me, are all the folks who believe that I should be in prison for using a plant to help me pull myself up by the bootstraps and make something out of my life.
Sorry about your parents. My exes family about 90 % alcoholic. I see that huge damage it does.

You have been smoking pot for 45 years. I am not putting you down, but pot is addictive and it seems you are going to a substance to not deal with the reason/issues why people are addicted to something. ie: alcohol, pot, pain killers, hard drugs, food, exersize.
You have learned to be be an addict, you have chosen pot. Most children who grow up in an addict home grow up to be addicts in something, sadly.
Long term pot smokers can get emphysema and COPD.

Old 08-06-2017, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Sorry about your parents. My exes family about 90 % alcoholic. I see that huge damage it does.
Thank you.

Quote:
Long term pot smokers can get emphysema and COPD.
Please, enlightened one, when will this strike me? I am 60 and I'll put my lungs up to anyone's in my age group. So will I get those diseases at 70? 75? 89? 110?

Inquiring minds would like to know. Oh, and some documentation that does not end in .gov would be nice too.

Thanks.

Old 08-06-2017, 09:53 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,212,564 times
No. It has no medicinal value.

Old 08-06-2017, 09:55 AM

8,081 posts, read 6,953,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
No, it just doesn't make you high.
And it lacks the side effects common with prescribed pharmaceuticals.

Old 08-06-2017, 09:56 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,212,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGMotorsport64 View Post
And it lacks the side effects common with prescribed pharmaceuticals.
It has no medicinal value.

Old 08-06-2017, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
You can keep repeating it, but that isn't going to make it true.

Old 08-06-2017, 10:00 AM

8,081 posts, read 6,953,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
It does what painkillers do without the heroin addiction.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies