Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2017, 02:20 AM

34,229 posts, read 18,567,354 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bureaucat View Post
I can see why Trumpists are pushing the ridiculous notion of Maxine Waters being the face of the Democratic Party.

1. She's very liberal
2. She's a woman
3. She's black

Which makes her the perfect straw man to keep the alt-right, white nationalist Trump base in a frenzy.
Why Nancy Pelosi is two out of those three, and arguably crazier than Maxine Waters? If Nancy Pelosi can do it so can Waters. Maybe the Dem Party should shut her crazy @ss up? If they were responsible, they would. But, they are the Party of fruits, and nuts.

Nancy Pelosi

1. She's very liberal/progressive
2. She's a woman
2. She is batsh*t crazy (as is Maxine)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2017, 04:10 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,827,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Why? I won't say here how i feel about Waters, but i sure as hell don't hold her congressional colleagues in either party in any higher regard than i hold her. My congresswoman sure as hell doesn't impress me.
i agree with your assessment of mcsally. i had high hopes that she would stand up and fight for this CD, but she has basically become a democrat.

Old 08-07-2017, 09:19 AM

4,573 posts, read 6,779,459 times
Quote:
I can see why Trumpists are pushing the ridiculous notion of Maxine Waters being the face of the Democratic Party.

1. She's very liberal
2. She's a woman
3. She's black

Which makes her the perfect straw man to keep the alt-right, white nationalist Trump base in a frenzy.
OK....got it.

I was confused by the term alt-right. (I had seen it used/posted in different contexts). But now I know that everyone who uses it (Media, City Data Posters etc.) is in fact calling a person (or a group of people) Racist.

Old 08-07-2017, 09:22 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,185,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
i agree with your assessment of mcsally. i had high hopes that she would stand up and fight for this CD, but she has basically become a democrat.
LMAO...if she had basically become a Democrat, as you say, i wouldn't have a problem with her.

Old 08-08-2017, 05:51 AM

3,838 posts, read 3,065,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
I don't see any Democrats more capable than Maxine.

I agree, for a Democrat she's actually very capable. I'm totally for her to be the Speaker!

Old 08-08-2017, 08:50 AM

52,433 posts, read 26,611,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post

And if they did, anyone that thinks that Waters would win the Speakership over Pelosi is drunk.
The Democrat Party strategist, cited in the OP, went on TV to say it would happen.

Old 08-08-2017, 09:39 AM

3,320 posts, read 2,134,319 times
What a frightening prospect. This is a woman who for years has struggled with basic terminology, numbers, and individual identification. This is a woman who delivered passionate anti-white speeches throughout the 1980's; tied black AIDS rates to white people; has since supported anti-white violence, scapegoating, rioting, fear mongering; has called for criminal action in support of her agenda, and condemns any dissenters as racists who can "all go to hell."

She should be in a mental ward rather than the $4 million dollar ivory tower outside of the district she purports to represent.

Old 08-08-2017, 09:44 AM

52,433 posts, read 26,611,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OpinionInOcala View Post
She should be in a mental ward rather than the $4 million dollar ivory tower outside of the district she purports to represent.
It's also behind a gated wall. Quite hypocritical, don't you think?

Old 08-08-2017, 09:44 AM

18,453 posts, read 7,084,312 times
Quote:

1. She's very liberal
2. She's a woman
3. She's black

She's also got so much bat guano in her belfry that it occasionally falls out of her open mouth.

Old 08-08-2017, 09:47 AM

8,411 posts, read 7,406,022 times
I'm really liking the way that Robert Patillo totally trolled Cult 45!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies