Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2017, 03:04 PM

41,479 posts, read 59,791,864 times

Advertisements

Have any of you ever listened to either of the Pauls'? Talk about purity. They really believe this is a market capitalist economy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2017, 03:07 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 24 days ago)

29,560 posts, read 16,548,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Perez has none. Well, other than Wall Street. No thanks. If I want to vote for that I might as well vote GOP. They are at least honest about it.
I didnt ask you if you believed in Perez. so dont side step the argument here.

This is about you supporting a litmus test in one case, and not in another based solely on whether you agree with the principles of the test.

Old 08-07-2017, 03:11 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
I didnt ask you if you believed in Perez. so dont side step the argument here.

This is about you supporting a litmus test in one case, and not in another based solely on whether you agree with the principles of the test.
I do not have anything to do with what the DNC does. I will not vote for someone that promotes continued war as an answer to anything. Call that what you want.

War/good. Pro life/bad. I do not understand that. Despite being pro-life I still voted for Stein.

Old 08-07-2017, 03:34 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,638,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticaltyger View Post
I used to think like this. Once I really realized and admitted the political system has been hijacked for quite some time now, I don't think this way any more. I still voted, mostly because it takes very little effort--and that's just it. If we want our Republic back, it's going to take a lot more than voting. Even some liberals like Naomi Wolf get that:
sorry mate that link is just unrelated noise. i could not finish it, her appeal to emotional nonsense has nothing to do with voting to prevent or to assist someone into or out of the white house.

I do not believe we have in any way shape or form lost our "republic" that is silly talk. But we have allowed big money, corps , populism to take over.

We need to......

end the lobbying nightmare.

reverse citizens united.

end gerrymandering .

those 3 are key. reforming our system of voting to a single transferable vote system would help end extremism too.

Old 08-07-2017, 03:45 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 24 days ago)

29,560 posts, read 16,548,014 times
Quote:
I do not have anything to do with what the DNC does. I will not vote for someone that promotes continued war as an answer to anything. Call that what you want.

War/good. Pro life/bad. I do not understand that. Despite being pro-life I still voted for Stein.
This isnt about the DNC nor did anyone say the bold. This is about your personal flip flop.

Old 08-07-2017, 03:53 PM

5,302 posts, read 2,355,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
Have any of you ever listened to either of the Pauls'? Talk about purity. They really believe this is a market capitalist economy.
Pretty sure Ron has always said we have a crony capitalist system...

Old 08-07-2017, 04:03 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,532,112 times
Obviously the Republicans had no issue with a 'purity test' this go round.

Old 08-07-2017, 04:10 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,532,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
I agree with him. I'm an independent but lean left on healthcare especially and I've always felt that there is a "whiny left" and a "hateful right" in both parties. They both are getting too much attention as of late and the voices of the sane Dems and Repubs are ignored.
I agree as well. Seems there is little room for centrists in either party.

Quote:
Indeed, I would rather have no war. I would rather have no part of the programs designed to do nothing other than enrich Wall Street.

I don't pretend otherwise. As I note, if I want that, why not just vote GOP as they are honest about it?
You should vote GOP and quit trying to split the Democratic party.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
It's true. Many people are tired of the victimization, identity politics of the Democrats that divide us. The problem is can the Republicans step up, and actually lead?
Jeezus. There is no bigger 'victim' than the whiner in the white house. Add to that the rural white working class who demand that good jobs COME TO THEM instead of the other way around. Lastly, Trump was 100% about identity politics.

Old 08-07-2017, 04:10 PM

3,251 posts, read 2,554,212 times
Democrats would rather lose to a republican than win with a progressive.

Old 08-07-2017, 04:44 PM

5,302 posts, read 2,355,944 times
This sort of reminds me of when some Libertarians accuse others of being "too pure", as if it's better to abandon your principles to cater to the rest of the population, and standing by what you believe in is silly.

Dean has the politician's mentality. Standing by ideas you believe in is political suicide, so you need to forget all that, cater to the masses, have no backbone, and go wherever the votes are...that's how you win, and that's all that matters.

And that's why there's so much corruption and sociopathy in politics anywhere in the world. It's about winning, and you won't make it far if your intentions are pure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies