Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2017, 02:50 PM

57,022 posts, read 35,034,122 times

Advertisements

Because Americans are always sticking their noses in everyone else's business but their own.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2017, 03:06 PM

51,580 posts, read 25,554,304 times
Many of the babies that medical science is saving today will never, ever be able to live without a considerable amount of support.

Who pays for the nursing care, the OT, the PT,...?

Old 08-08-2017, 03:50 AM

26,941 posts, read 13,180,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Maybe it had to do with the UK not wanting him to be moved to the US for treatment, but this has nothing do to do with right versus left for heaven's sake, it has more to do with the media attention it got, Why would you make this a right versus left debate?
The UK has sent children to the US before if a new treatment is available, however these were childen with a much better quality of life and some prospect of a cure, which was not the case in relation to Charlie Gard.

Both the Gard and Rivenburg cases were with regard to a hospital being allowed to switch off a patients life support machine and certainly in the Gard case there was no cure and the US Professor didn't bother examining the child until July despite being invited to do so in January nor did he read the medical notes, which many now suggest must mean a change in future cases where people giving evidence such as Hirano must be compelled by the courts if they are to give evidence to firstly examine the child and to read the case notes.

In terms of the Rivenburg case, the medical experts agreed that the childs support should be switched off against the parents wishes, and a heart transplant was denied.

Old 08-08-2017, 08:56 AM

I also suggest you read this article, one of the most poignant and reflective pieces ever written during the course of the Charlie Gard case.

It was our agonising job as Charlie Gard's care team to say: enough - Guardian

Old 08-08-2017, 09:09 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,695,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor Cal Wahine View Post
Just because it didn't receive mention here at C-D doesn't mean it hasn't been the source of discussion by Americans. You *do* realize there's 320 million of us, and that not everyone is a member of C-D, right?

Additionally, just because some people had strong opinions of the Gard case doesn't mean it was a concerted effort by any one group to "criticize your system". You sound like you are desperately seeking an argument here. Desperate being the key word.
Did Donald tweet about Steffen?

Old 08-08-2017, 09:10 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,695,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor Cal Wahine View Post
You're demonstrating woeful ignorance on several fronts here and making it abundantly clear that you are seeking another "us vs them" controversy. Is life in Britain that boring? Surely there's a better use of your time then this petty antagonism.
Many attack the messenger when they have no good answer.

Old 08-08-2017, 09:12 AM

13,507 posts, read 16,968,515 times
I urge people to stop using this emoji.

Whether I agree with your or not, use of more than one in any post immediately diminishes it's value to the point of near worthlessness.

One person in particular who has pensions on the brain can barely contain their proclivity to hit the button.

Old 08-08-2017, 09:13 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,463,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Did Donald tweet about Steffen?
I don't read teeets from the POTUS. 140 character missives from anybody have no place in my personal life.

Old 08-08-2017, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
I urge people to stop using this emoji.

Whether I agree with your or not, use of more than one in any post immediately diminishes it's value to the point of near worthlessness.

One person in particular who has pensions on the brain can barely contain their proclivity to hit the button.
Good Luck with that.

And if your referrng to me, you know very little about me and the last thing I have on my brain is pensions.

Old 08-08-2017, 10:00 AM

13,507 posts, read 16,968,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World View Post
Good Luck with that.

And if your referrng to me, you know very little about me and the last thing I have on my brain is pensions.
I wasn't REFERRING to you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies