Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-09-2017, 12:24 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,550,049 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cisco kid View Post
Christ what kind of moron makes such amazingly sexist comments at work at a major company and doesn't expect to lose his job? Is this guy on crack? Are all conservatives this retarded? Nice way to throw away your career. This isn't the 1950s anymore.

Dear god what a clown/loser/imbecile of the first order/soon-to-be homeless panhandler. No company in their right mind would ever hire this guy now, except maybe to scrub their toilets.
One would think in a liberal inclusive and tolerant company like Google, different viewpoint, good or bad, would be included and tolerated.

Google proved him wrong!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2017, 12:27 PM

4,019 posts, read 3,949,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
One would think in a liberal inclusive and tolerant company like Google, different viewpoint, good or bad, would be included and tolerated.

Google proved him wrong!
Different viewpoint? A viewpoint that espouses sexism and hate should be tolerated at work?
WTF? You cons are some scary people.

Old 08-09-2017, 12:28 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,550,049 times
Quote:
Different viewpoint? A viewpoint that espouses sexism and hate should be tolerated at work?
Thanks for proving me right again.

Please stop claiming liberals are inclusive and tolerant. That would be very helpful.

By the way, nothing he said was sexist or hateful. Did you even read the article?

Old 08-09-2017, 12:29 PM

5,658 posts, read 6,271,048 times
Quote:
Christ what kind of moron makes such amazingly sexist comments at work at a major company and doesn't expect to lose his job?
I maintain it was a calculated risk. He knew there was a good chance he would lose his job.
Quote:
Are all conservatives this retarded?
Huh? What makes you think he's a conservative?
Quote:
This isn't the 1950s anymore.
That's funny because I've used the "this isn't a Mad Men episode, it's 2017" response a couple times to opposite effect.
Quote:
No company in their right mind would ever hire this guy now, except maybe to scrub their toilets.
Julian Assange wants to hire the fired Google engineer

Old 08-09-2017, 12:30 PM

13,648 posts, read 20,762,071 times
Quote:
Would that include Lawrence Summers?

Remarks at NBER Conference on Diversifying the Science & Engineering Workforce

Gotcha ...

Old 08-09-2017, 12:32 PM

Quote:
A viewpoint that espouses sexism and hate...
G T F O

Hate?? How old are you?

Old 08-09-2017, 12:33 PM

18,556 posts, read 7,357,736 times
Quote:
Vice versa. You're spouting hatred based on total ignorance of what is in the memo.

2,333 posts, read 1,487,116 times
Quote:

Please stop claiming liberals are inclusive and tolerant. That would be very helpful.

By the way, nothing he said was sexist or hateful. Did you read the article?
To be fair though tolerance can't mean "I'll let anyone in." Google has a specific culture that distinct from say IBM's culture... how does this happen? Because they pick people who fit into it. Whether that's "tolerant" or not... IDK, but I don't think it's unfair.

I'm gonna guess you'd call yourself a tolerant person... does that mean you invite anyone who wants to come to your home? Do you date everyone who asks you out (less relevant for a dude)? Keep friends with everyone you meet? There's some selectivity that's allowed that doesn't make a person intolerant or exclusive.

13,561 posts, read 10,344,305 times
Quote:

By the way, nothing he said was sexist or hateful. Did you even read the article?
In any case - he made an inappropriate use of company resources to espouse a certain political view and violated company rules/conduct. Case closed.

Of course, he is free to seek legal recourse. Good luck with that.

Old 08-09-2017, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BicoastalAnn View Post
Google has a specific culture that distinct from say IBM's culture... how does this happen? Because they pick people who fit into it.
True enough. I've known for a while that Google was very narrow and close-minded. SJW-way or the highway, as I mentioned earlier. It should be known. It's not like anyone can really boycott Google. This is the most powerful company in the world, and they have grand designs on "winning the future" and eventually controlling the planet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies