Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2017, 12:00 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,621,806 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
God did say , those that bless Israel will be blessed. Those that curse Israel will be cursed.

The United States because of its power is a super player in war. We will be attacked mightily.

United States will be almost wiped off the map on the coastal areas and some larger cities in the central part of the US.
Not much of a blessing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2017, 12:00 PM

11,027 posts, read 6,506,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
Careful of this guy. This is all "rapture/tribulation/antichrist/end of days" talk.
Uhhh ... my guess would be a couple of nerdy engineers, actually. I think you're safe.

Old 08-07-2017, 12:04 PM

5,658 posts, read 6,275,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
Careful of this guy. This is all "rapture/tribulation/antichrist/end of days" talk.
Excuse me? What guy? Me? Or the person or people who created NUKEMAP? I'm confused.

I hope you're not attributing "rapture / end of days" to me, as I'm a lifelong atheist and have never hinted at anything like that. If so, please explain where you got that idea from my post.

If you're attributing that to the NUKEMAP site, can you show me why you're saying that? I just use it for the estimate of the effects of nuclear detonations.
-----------------------
EDIT: oh okay, nevermind, I see you edited your post and were referring to the post I was originally responding to. Disregard.

Old 08-07-2017, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nepenthe View Post
Excuse me? What guy? Me? Or the person or people who created NUKEMAP? I'm confused.

I hope you're not attributing "rapture / end of days" to me, as I'm a lifelong atheist and have never hinted at anything like that. If so, please explain where you got that idea from my post.

If you're attributing that to the NUKEMAP site, can you show me why you're saying that? I just use it for the estimate of the effects of nuclear detonations.

Thank you.
Part of me wishes you had responded with a proclamation from Revelations along with a photo of your bus bunker that runs on liquified chicken poop.

Old 08-07-2017, 12:25 PM

11,119 posts, read 5,589,229 times
Quote:
In the last days good will be called bad, and bad will be called good. Morality will be gone, Hatred of Israel will escalate . The middle east is now in turmoil..

World War lll will be middle east countries marching into Israel. Russia will march down to engage. We do know that Israel has a huge stockpile of weapons and they will use them . It will escalate. It no longer looks good for the United States as they have fallen from grace and have spread immorality and many in this country have become haters of God. Much of God's protection will be removed.

Many in this country do not believe that Israel should be protected. God did say , those that bless Israel will be blessed. Those that curse Israel will be cursed.

The United States because of its power is a super player in war. We will be attacked mightily.

Russia will be destroyed with 80 % death rate . United States will be almost wiped off the map on the coastal areas and some larger cities in the central part of the US. This will be the time unlike any other time on earth. Survival will be harder after the nuclear fall out and gamma rays infiltrate the globe.

Russia has a nuclear weapon called Satan 2 which can take out the area the size of Texas. 5 of them could take out the whole east coast. We have the power to destroy mightily. We have become a people that is self indulgent, lazy, and lovers of pleasures , not lovers of God.. The powers that be, have pushed God out of our schools, government and everyday life. When good is pushed out, evil takes it place.

Russia unveils 'Satan 2' nuclear missile - CNN

You're confusing God with Christian Fundamentalism.

Old 08-07-2017, 12:39 PM

2,953 posts, read 992,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nepenthe View Post
You have to go into the Advanced Options and select the "Crater" button.

My best total for detonating ten 5000 KT airbursts (three over DFW area, three over Houston area, two over Austin area, two over SA area) is 2,842,530 fatalities and 7,419,780 additional (moderate to severe) injuries. That of course does not include anything like fallout / radiation drift, just the crater, fireball, thermal radiation, ionizing radiation, overpressure rings, and incidental damage from collapsing structures. So ten million+ potentially immediately affected with one launch is certainly effective.
Roger that. Got it.

Aware that this is a little side-band but I've been fascinated by the Tianjin China explosion of 2015. If you don't know what it is take a look at some videos that have leaked out. The Chinese certainly don't want us to know about anything that smacks of negligence on their part. Suffice to say it is a horrendous explosion that left a huge crater. If you look at aerial photography you can see heaps of stacked shipping containers and cars flung around the lip of the crater. I nerded out and using the standard shipping container length of 40' I estimate the crater radius at about 80 m. They're claiming it was due to detonation of 8000 tons of ammonium nitrate. The slow nature of the explosion looks more like ammonium nitrate than nuclear so I'm not leaning that way at all. I do take exception to the Chinese stated explosive yield though. From Holsapple http://keith.aa.washington.edu/crate...ing/theory.pdf there is a logarithmic scale of lip-lip crater radius (ft) vs explosive yield in pounds of TNT charge weight. It's a nice linear graph that goes from a couple pounds of TNT up to full nuke 1E+10 (10 MT). At a crater radius of 2.4 E+2 ft you get an explosive yield of 1.5 E+7 lb TNT or 7.5KT. That's tactical nuke level energy release.

The Chinese say 8KT weight of ammonium nitrate but it's only got a .4 efficiency yield vs TNT so that's an energy release of ~3.2KT. The Chinese are tap dancing like crazy here. They suffered a horrendous tac-nuke level explosion in a major city.

Back to Nukemap - I correlated its accuracy vs my above calcs. I chose Houston as the target for geological similarity. Deltaic deposits of sand and clay and for a 7.5KT yield it returns a lip/lip radius of 80m. Sweet! Nice correlation between my calcs and Nukemap ... which speaks well for its accuracy AND for my theory that the Chinese are sandbagging like crazy.

Last edited by Wee-Bey; 08-07-2017 at 12:58 PM..

Old 08-07-2017, 12:41 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,455,334 times
Quote:
In the last days good will be called bad, and bad will be called good. Morality will be gone, Hatred of Israel will escalate . The middle east is now in turmoil..

World War lll will be middle east countries marching into Israel. Russia will march down to engage. We do know that Israel has a huge stockpile of weapons and they will use them . It will escalate. It no longer looks good for the United States as they have fallen from grace and have spread immorality and many in this country have become haters of God. Much of God's protection will be removed.

Many in this country do not believe that Israel should be protected. God did say , those that bless Israel will be blessed. Those that curse Israel will be cursed.

Russia will be destroyed with 80 % death rate . United States will be almost wiped off the map on the coastal areas and some larger cities in the central part of the US. This will be the time unlike any other time on earth. Survival will be harder after the nuclear fall out and gamma rays infiltrate the globe.

Russia has a nuclear weapon called Satan 2 which can take out the area the size of Texas. 5 of them could take out the whole east coast. We have the power to destroy mightily. We have become a people that is self indulgent, lazy, and lovers of pleasures , not lovers of God.. The powers that be, have pushed God out of our schools, government and everyday life. When good is pushed out, evil takes it place.

Thank you Nostradamus

Old 08-07-2017, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor Cal Wahine View Post
Part of me wishes you had responded with a proclamation from Revelations along with a photo of your bus bunker that runs on liquified chicken poop.
Ecclesiastes mentions bunkers and chicken poop. It was very fatalistic so you might not want to fall back on that solution. Something about it not staving off the end thus eliciting his famous "There is nothing new under the sun" quote. This is not well known but I do know it.

I say just stand outside, face the fireball and embrace the horror.

Last edited by Wee-Bey; 08-07-2017 at 01:15 PM..

Old 08-07-2017, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wee-Bey View Post
I say just stand outside, face the fireball and embrace the horror.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWNFB71MvTs

Old 08-07-2017, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor Cal Wahine View Post
While listening to Jim Morrison sing "The End".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies