Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2017, 11:36 AM

7,736 posts, read 4,987,721 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Edge Creek. One bedroom. $750. Been on the market 27 days.

https://www.zillow.com/b/edge-creek-...tin-tx-5XhszG/

West Dale Point. $717. Looks nice, has a pool.

https://www.zillow.com/homes/for_sal...ect/3_zm/1_fr/
Let me post a review for "edge creek".. this was recently left by someone that lived there...

6 months ago-
I bought this condo 8 years ago. Do not buy here. When I first moved here it was great but now it is hell on earth. Sold my condo and got the hell out. Drug dealers and users everywhere and they do it in the open, trash everywhere, rodents in the walls, mold in the walls, everything is falling apart including stairways to upper floors, tried to dump trash one night and a homeless guy jump out of it, the pool hasn't worked in 4 years, the weight room is always trashed and people let their dogs poop in there and leave it, most of the equipment in the weight room does not work, my car got broken into, there's a guy in a wheelchair breaking glass across the complex every other month, mailboxes get broken into, the list goes on. HOA is horrible here. Charging thousands of dollar a year in special assessment the goes up every year. And that is on top of the 275 month HOA dues. Last year was $2000 SA plus 275 HOA dues a month and now this year was $4500 SA plus 275 a month HOA dues. I think not. This is the worst complex in the Metric area. You have been warned.

Like I said , its 1000-1200 if you want a decent place to put your head at night.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2017, 11:36 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,191,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Then who do you blame for the recession during the latter part of Bush Sr. administration? How do you blame for unemployment rising very high towards 2007?

And how do you explain Republican ran states like Georgia, Mississippi, Kentucky, Alaska, and Arizona having some of the highest unemployment rates in the nation?
It's nearly impossible to "seasonally adjust" Alaska's rate. (there is a point there)

Old 08-07-2017, 11:38 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,191,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyp25 View Post
Let me post a review for "edge creek".. this was recently left by someone that lived there...

6 months ago-
I bought this condo 8 years ago. Do not buy here. When I first moved here it was great but now it is hell on earth. Sold my condo and got the hell out. Drug dealers and users everywhere and they do it in the open, trash everywhere, rodents in the walls, mold in the walls, everything is falling apart including stairways to upper floors, tried to dump trash one night and a homeless guy jump out of it, the pool hasn't worked in 4 years, the weight room is always trashed and people let their dogs poop in there and leave it, most of the equipment in the weight room does not work, my car got broken into, there's a guy in a wheelchair breaking glass across the complex every other month, mailboxes get broken into, the list goes on. HOA is horrible here. Charging thousands of dollar a year in special assessment the goes up every year. And that is on top of the 275 month HOA dues. Last year was $2000 SA plus 275 HOA dues a month and now this year was $4500 SA plus 275 a month HOA dues. I think not. This is the worst complex in the Metric area. You have been warned.

Like I said , its 1000-1200 if you want a decent place to put your head at night.
Trump said the White House was a dump. Obviously then, that makes it so.

Old 08-07-2017, 11:42 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,506,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Trump said the White House was a dump. Obviously then, that makes it so.
He's right though. You can easily find some low-priced outliers in the rental market here if you are willing to overlook personal security, cleanliness, and local crime rates. Austin is notorious for its slumlord apartment complexes that cater to low incomes and undocumented 'residents'.

Old 08-07-2017, 11:44 AM

7,736 posts, read 4,987,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor Cal Wahine View Post
I can't argue with any of this, particularly the business-friendly aspect of Texas. I am not in agreement with a lot of Texas politics, but life here has been very prosperous and enjoyable in part because Texas is open for business.

People *do* need to know that it costs a lot of money to live in Austin now. Relocation therapy may work for some people, but unless you have a good skillset and plenty of money, moving here because it seems like a hip and fun place is a real bad idea.

I agree with this. I am glad I purchased our home when we did though. We were going against 20 people a couple years back. I can only imagine what its like now ....

Old 08-07-2017, 11:48 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,506,057 times
Quote:
I agree with this. I am glad I purchased our home when we did though. We were going against 20 people a couple years back. I can only imagine what its like now ....
I bought a home on acreage in SW Austin ten years ago and it's appreciated quite considerably. Not planning on going anywhere so it doesn't really matter though. My dog in this hunt was the suggestion that America is crumbling and dying 'cept for the coasties. That's such horsecrap.

Old 08-07-2017, 11:57 AM

73,011 posts, read 62,598,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BicoastalAnn View Post
Wow really surprised to hear this. I thought Atlanta was really hoppin'! Was considering it for my next relocation, since it's still a relatively affordable hub for tech (like Denver and Austin).
I've learned that if you're not well connected in the Atlanta area, it can be hard getting a job. While Atlanta has seen a drop in its unemployment rate, it is still higher than many places. In 2014, Georgia ranked #1 in the USA for unemployment. Thank the housing bust for that.

Old 08-07-2017, 12:02 PM

33,316 posts, read 12,522,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
Nobody outside of Silicon Valley, New York, or Washington D.C. would even notice, since anywhere outside those places has been in a severe recession since 2008.
Not parts of the Houston metro. Farmland continues to be swallowed up to develop new subdivisions, retail, and office space. Exxon Mobil completed their new North American HQ campus (in 2015, IIRC) where Harris County borders Montgomery County. I live in Montgomery County, in The Woodlands. Montgomery County was the 23rd fastest growing county in the U.S. between 2000 and 2010. I just pulled up the Wikipedia page to check the 2016 population (the page revealed that the population grew by another 101,000 +, from over 455,000 in 2010 to over 556,000 in 2016...another 22%). I didn't vote for either Trump or Hillary, but I knew (Montgomery is one of the most heavily Republican counties in Texas) that Trump got 73% of the vote. Romney got 79.5% in 2012, McCain 75.8% in 2008, Bush 78.1% in 2004, Bush 75.9% in 2000, and Dole 65.2% in 1996. What I didn't know (someone must have added this to the Wikipedia page fairly recently) is that Montgomery is the only county in the U.S. where Trump beat Hillary by more than 100,000 votes.

Old 08-07-2017, 12:07 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,635,682 times
Quote:
Democratic fiscal policies are typically a disaster for any economy. High regulation, High Taxation, and tons of wasteful spending is a few I think of.. it cripples the economy.
Rubbish Bush destroyed our economy with two wars, and allowing wall street and lenders to take ridiculous risks. OBAMA saved our economy with a strong and brave choice that was resisted by the GOP to the bitter end.

Thank god Obama fought them and pushed through his vision.

Obama (not gop) saved the auto industry from complete collapse.

underwrote banking industry

increased federal deposit protection by 150% to avoid a run on the banks,

Obama took control of freddie and fannie to buy mortgages and keep the housing market afloat.

Obama ended the interbank credit freeze by providing liquidity in a market that was frozen solid.

When Obama had stopped the hemorrhaging and stabilized our economy he tried to begin a massive infrastructure bill, but to gain a political advantage the GOP blocked it, then blocked it and blocked it again. thus stopping Obama from building those bridges fixing those roads and getting Americans back to work . But my guess is you don't care because you want to cheer lead the party that drove the world over a financial cliff and then shouted Benghazi until their supporters forgot all about what bush did.

Old 08-07-2017, 12:10 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,624,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Then explain Mississippi, one of the highest unemployment rates in the nation, a Republican state. Explain South Carolina.

Even better, which did a recession taken place under former President George H.W. Bush?
Easy answer.

Both states have very large, very poor, African American populations that keep voting for that Democrat Plantation.

Have you ever been to either?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies