Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2017, 02:58 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,628,401 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
Long story short - they look at how successful liberals are, look at the mess they're in, and they conclude that we liberals must be stealing from them.

Once you understand this mentality, you understand why they say what they say. They truly believe there is a class of elites who are cocock-blocking them, and they (as the real Americans) must wrestle the country back from us nefarious schemers.

It's all under the umbrella of taking personal responsibility. Don't ask.
Reading your post was the best belly laugh I have had lately.

"They truly believe there is a class of elites?" No, we truly believe there are people who think they are elites. It is like the grocery cashier who gets upset at the older lady because she didn't bring a bag to put her groceries in. I am sure you have all seen the lady putting the smarty pants cashier in her place. Only mess I see are the morals of the liberal baby killing, drug heads.

For what should it profit a man if he gains the whole world and loses his soul. Life is not just about money for everyone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2017, 03:05 PM

2,953 posts, read 992,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
I don't immigrants were the crux of his argument. The title is:

'Why does Trump country consider themselves real America if the centers of innovation and wealth are in the left leaning'

And he's correct: Centers of innovation are highly concentrated in more left-leaning areas. That is simply a fact. Austin is one of those areas.

BTW you need a geography lesson.
Go back and read the actual post and stop being so dishonest. Do I have to quote it for you? Am I going to have to drive you kicking and screaming from your bogus narrative? The OPs post is about immigrants being vital for innovation in tech and medical. Everyone here reading this knows that.

Do your homework about Austin before you spout off any further on its tech industry and it's relationship to your blessed altar of liberalism.

Tech in Austin was jump-started in 1982 by the MCC consortium headed by Adm Bobby Ray Inman (former CIA dir). It was a govt/industry initiative to build first tier tech research in the US to keep the Japanese from running away with next generation computer technology. Austin was NOT your blessed little San Francisco with heat back then. It was a sleepy college/state town with virtually no Indian/Asian population. MCC was the seed that started Austin's tech boom and it was completely orthogonal to liberalism/conservatism from the very beginning and still is today. BTW Austin won out in the selection process over Stanford and Raleigh N.C. So I guess the US govt and Industrial giants didn't think your coastal liberalism was all that vital either.

Seriously you'd better not step to me on this. I lived the whole thing.

Last edited by Wee-Bey; 08-07-2017 at 03:57 PM..

Old 08-07-2017, 03:09 PM

20,872 posts, read 9,532,948 times
OK, we'll let HiveMind tell us what he thought his most important emphasis was. Liberal areas or immigrants.

Old 08-07-2017, 03:10 PM

2,953 posts, read 992,944 times
Quote:
OK, we'll let HiveMind tell us what he thought his most important emphasis was. Liberal areas or immigrants.
Either way your argument is junk.

Old 08-07-2017, 03:27 PM

3,615 posts, read 2,330,349 times
Quote:
Must be pretty desperate if one is citing the readership of ONE relatively obscure magazine in order to make your argument.
Quote:
The 10 Most (And 10 Least) Innovative States In The U.S

10 most innovative states:
1. District of Columbia
2. Maryland
3. Massachusetts
4. California
5. Colorado
6. Washington
7. Virginia
8. Utah
9. Connecticut
10. New Hampshire

Except for Utah, pretty much all red or purple states. And you can click on the link to see which states are the least innovative, and discern their political leanings yourself.
So you want to show me proof that engineers are not conservative ? I dont know what metrics were used to make that list but that proves my point about government spending. DC is not a state but there is nothing innovative about the whole dc/md/va area, I grew up there and its full of nightmarish traffic, incredibly poorly run city and area. The three places (dc/md,va) cant get together to solve the whole traffic nightmare

Truly innovative places are cities and countries that apply technology to every day problems,like tokyo and japan, singapore, south korea and though I have never been, dubai, state of the art mass transit, low crime, much more futuristic than anything in the states

Last edited by floridanative10; 08-07-2017 at 03:50 PM..

Old 08-07-2017, 03:56 PM

18,561 posts, read 7,370,877 times
Quote:
The 10 Most (And 10 Least) Innovative States In The U.S

10 most innovative states:
1. District of Columbia
2. Maryland
3. Massachusetts
4. California
5. Colorado
6. Washington
7. Virginia
8. Utah
9. Connecticut
10. New Hampshire
That is the stupidest list I have ever seen. There is ZERO innovation in DC.

Old 08-07-2017, 04:09 PM

Quote:
I don't immigrants were the crux of his argument. The title is:

'Why does Trump country consider themselves real America if the centers of innovation and wealth are in the left leaning'

And he's correct: Centers of innovation are highly concentrated in more left-leaning areas. That is simply a fact.
No, it's not a fact.

But this is a fact:

Leftists flock to places where wealth exists or is being created because, fundamentally, the Left is parasitic.

Old 08-07-2017, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
That is the stupidest list I have ever seen. There is ZERO innovation in DC.
OK, here's another list. This one probably makes more sense anyway.

America's Top States for Innovation in 2016
1. Washington (state, not DC)
2. California
3. Massachusetts
4. New York
5. Maryland
6. Michigan
7. North Carolina
8. Colorado
9. Minnesota
10. Texas

ONE red state (TX), two purple states (CO and NC) and all the rest are blue states.

Old 08-07-2017, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
Leftists flock to places where wealth exists or is being created because, fundamentally, the Left is parasitic.
Since it is THEY who created that wealth, then no, they are not parasitizing anyone. Except maybe themselves.

Old 08-07-2017, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Since it is THEY who created that wealth, then no, they are not parasitizing anyone. Except maybe themselves.
But no one in this thread has presented any evidence that they are creating more wealth than the Right, or any wealth at all. And we know that the "fathers of Silicon Valley" are considered to be so far to the right that -- in the case of Terman -- schools named after him are being renamed and -- in the case of Shockley -- he wound up better-known for his views on race than for his Nobel Prize.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies