Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2017, 02:31 PM

122 posts, read 65,027 times

Advertisements

Millennial job hopper here. The real world chewed me up and spit me out.

Old 08-07-2017, 02:33 PM

15,860 posts, read 6,322,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_like_turtles View Post
Millennial job hopper here. The real world chewed me up and spit me out.
Checks out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMNry4PE93Y

Old 08-07-2017, 02:35 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,524,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eli34 View Post
Lol, so true. Obsessed with social media and hardly does any work.
And television! You can tell by his tweets that he's watching ALL those fake news channels that he loves to hate.

He just loves being talked about and he doesn't care if it's good talk or bad talk!

Old 08-07-2017, 02:38 PM

817 posts, read 752,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhallian View Post
Really? The guy who blames President Obama for his lack of wherewithal to start his own business doesn't get to call out ANYONE for being "entitled" or to post articles about their "work ethic".

Learn to pull yourself up by the bootstraps and stop blaming others for your lack of success in life, you goddamn chump.
You don't get to make a call like that, I've forgotten more about work and success than you've ever even learned.

Old 08-07-2017, 02:39 PM

15,860 posts, read 6,322,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 69Charger View Post
You don't get to make a call like that, I've forgotten more about work and success than you've ever even learned.
It's called dementia.

Old 08-07-2017, 02:39 PM

122 posts, read 65,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
I can never escape my past

I meant to say zombies!! I like zombies!!!

Old 08-07-2017, 02:45 PM

192 posts, read 131,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
Sounds like we have a Millenial in the White House.

So I guess the answer is: when reality hits he just invent imaginary ones and call reality fake news.

It's not every day that you see the knock-out blow come with the first reply.

Old 08-07-2017, 03:40 PM

3,251 posts, read 2,553,104 times
Quote:
Millennials are often accused of being impatient, self-entitled, narcissistic, tough to engage and impossible to lead. They place individuality ahead of community and they value extrinsic affirmation and constantly seek praise in order to get it. Modern society dishes it out to them much easier than it did to previous generations, thanks to the immediacy of social media. This generation is in constant need for likes, fans, followers, and heaps of praise on a constant basis. Because the highly addictive “likes” have become social currency, the millennials find any form of criticism hard to take. Shying away from criticism has meant that they shy away from real-world connections with peers and superiors who might dole it out.

On My Mind: The millennials and a new work ethic | Marklives.com

I'm kind of scared for the future
The future is here, there are plenty of millennials tackling today's problems.

I'm surrounded by millennial tradesmen, electricians, plumbers, welders, sheet metal workers, carpenters. All hustling, sweating their @sses off in this heat and getting the job done, and done right. We're a month a head of schedule.

Oh, and everybody but the carpenters are Union.

Old 08-07-2017, 03:43 PM

12,566 posts, read 10,616,175 times
Quote:
Millennials are often accused of being impatient, self-entitled, narcissistic, tough to engage and impossible to lead. They place individuality ahead of community and they value extrinsic affirmation and constantly seek praise in order to get it. Modern society dishes it out to them much easier than it did to previous generations, thanks to the immediacy of social media. This generation is in constant need for likes, fans, followers, and heaps of praise on a constant basis. Because the highly addictive “likes” have become social currency, the millennials find any form of criticism hard to take. Shying away from criticism has meant that they shy away from real-world connections with peers and superiors who might dole it out.

On My Mind: The millennials and a new work ethic | Marklives.com

I'm kind of scared for the future
This is the second thread I know of that you have made about millenials. You must really have an issue with them.

Every generation has their slackers. Trump is the king of them all.

Old 08-07-2017, 03:52 PM

817 posts, read 752,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesesteak Cravings View Post
The future is here, there are plenty of millennials tackling today's problems.

I'm surrounded by millennial tradesmen, electricians, plumbers, welders, sheet metal workers, carpenters. All hustling, sweating their @sses off in this heat and getting the job done, and done right. We're a month a head of schedule.

Oh, and everybody but the carpenters are Union.
Yawn. We did twice as much work as those bums.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies