Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you want President Trump to be a success or a failure?
Success 71 73.96%
Failure 24 25.00%
Not sure 1 1.04%
Voters: 96. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2017, 12:04 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,502,830 times

Advertisements

Well, I certainly don't want the policies that I DISAGREE with to succeed.

But the policies that I AGREE with - I want to succeed.

That's it in a nutshell. I don't think of it in terms as 'the president' succeeding or failing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2017, 12:05 PM

716 posts, read 392,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
There's so much irrational hatred of him, with some even hoping for impeachment. I think many would prefer to see him (and in turn, the US), fail and decline during his term in office rather than see him and the country do well.
All the hatred I've seen expressed is quite rational, while those who make excuses for his his lying, devisive and buffoonish behavior seem pterry irrational to those who respect the office.

While of course I hope and pray that cooler heads prevail and they keep him from instigating a nuclear exchange with NK, I also hope and pray that he never succeeds in implementing his reactionary agenda...

Old 08-08-2017, 12:15 PM

5,802 posts, read 9,886,261 times
Trumps already a failure, that not changing with a 71 year old Narcissistic, Xenophobic, Corrupt Con-Artist. There is no hope with Trump, he's a Criminal Con-Artist. He never intended to win, it was just to show off for his "Trump" branding. When he did win, it just became about lining his pockets and returning favors to Russia. The man couldn't careless about "you" poor shmucks who voted for him, you're all tools in his scheme just like those poor SAPs that believed his University would make them the "Art of the deal".

Lord Have Mercy, what Americans will fall for. I just hope our so called leaders wake up to this fact before Trump sets off World War III in order to protect his secret, that he's NOT a really a billionaire.

Last edited by Blackbeauty212; 08-08-2017 at 12:48 PM..

Old 08-08-2017, 05:07 PM

2,238 posts, read 1,442,488 times
I hope he fails even harder then he is already doing, trump and his admin are greedy, stupid, and lazy like the buffoon in chief. I hope mar a Lago and congress gets nuked with them all still in it. F'em all and let nothing sort them out

Old 08-08-2017, 05:17 PM

20,834 posts, read 17,081,683 times
HE is already a success, deportations are up 171,000 so far this year alone of ILLEGAL people here sucking off the system, driving without insurance, killing our citizens. GDP higher now than in the last 5 years, wages up taxes down. While the media and the worried self flagellating nitnoids wring their hands WORRIED and forever criticize him he succeeds and presses forward.

Can I tell y'all how great it is to have a man in the WH? Not some promised feminized excuse for a dude. Were still dancing here 8 months after the election, I must tell ya.

Old 08-08-2017, 05:18 PM

20,834 posts, read 17,081,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadSpeak View Post
I hope he fails even harder then he is already doing, trump and his admin are greedy, stupid, and lazy like the buffoon in chief. I hope mar a Lago and congress gets nuked with them all still in it. F'em all and let nothing sort them out
Nothing personal, but you should back up your words. Otherwise you just look like a hater.

Old 08-08-2017, 05:21 PM

5,738 posts, read 5,438,253 times
I'm not tying my definition of American success to this dumpster fire of a presidency. I hope we can succeed with or without him.

Old 08-08-2017, 05:40 PM

25,915 posts, read 22,064,218 times
Doesn't matter what I want. I do hope he is able to keep his promises on jobs and illegal aliens despite all the opposition. Trump has a plan, he'll work it to the best of his ability. I only expect that he does that.

Old 08-08-2017, 06:46 PM

6,421 posts, read 7,657,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeauty212 View Post
Trumps already a failure, that not changing with a 71 year old Narcissistic, Xenophobic, Corrupt Con-Artist. There is no hope with Trump, he's a Criminal Con-Artist. He never intended to win, it was just to show off for his "Trump" branding. When he did win, it just became about lining his pockets and returning favors to Russia. The man couldn't careless about "you" poor shmucks who voted for him, you're all tools in his scheme just like those poor SAPs that believed his University would make them the "Art of the deal".

Lord Have Mercy, what Americans will fall for. I just hope our so called leaders wake up to this fact before Trump sets off World War III in order to protect his secret, that he's NOT a really a billionaire.
He will succeed as he is a high quality, talented leader unlike that last village idiot in the White House. The voters spoke so it is the law of the land.

Old 08-09-2017, 02:37 AM

6,611 posts, read 3,667,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
There's so much irrational hatred of him, with some even hoping for impeachment. I think many would prefer to see him (and in turn, the US), fail and decline during his term in office rather than see him and the country do well.
I need to say, this is silly. I cannot even answer the Poll the way it is designed and many won't. It's not that anyone wants to see him fail, or any president fail, but that by his own manner, lack of ability and negative behavior, he has proven himself to be inappropriate to lead the country, having been unlike any other president.

The desire is for the country to thrive, for there to exist fairness, positive aspects and a betterment for all, to feel that a president possesses real dedication to his position and that he / she is intelligent, capable, compassionate and maintains everyone's best interests. Having a sense of security and faith that one is holding down the fort is what is expected from those in charge, not having to be alerted to negative occurrences and disruptions by, creating questions and concern. It should not be that any president becomes a world-wide embarrassment due to being self-absorbed, childish and self-aggrandizing.

It is not an "irrational hatred", but that the man has created disgust in many due to his own actions, lack of knowledge and flawed character, and is a failure by his own doing. This is what affects many, while others refuse to understand that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies