Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you want President Trump to be a success or a failure?
Success 71 73.96%
Failure 24 25.00%
Not sure 1 1.04%
Voters: 96. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2017, 10:07 PM

3,458 posts, read 1,453,778 times

Advertisements

I would want any president of our country to be a success. They represent our country.
I do think part of what made us a success in the past is we respected the vote and the process. This has changed, and it will do as much damage or more than who we elect for four years.

But, times have changed and we may have to change our electoral process with them.

We've always had a few nuts and bolts but it's either the media have blown those few up to appear larger than they are or we have more now. I'm on the fence about which of these it is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2017, 10:11 PM

3,458 posts, read 1,453,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha_1976 View Post
I am not sure what is up with all these threads asking President Trump's success! If you mean success in carrying his agenda forward then I do not wish him any success at all. I hope he keeps failing like he is failing so far. If you are talking about American prosperity I obviously want that but that may not happen if all Trump does is push his agenda keep holding these rallies and just keep talking about his base and just keep throwing some red meat occasionally to his base. I am sure all these posters who are claiming now that everyone should wish for POTUS success were wishing for Obama's success for all those years
At some point in maturity you realize that you can't always get what you want. You win some and lose some with every president. It's slow but it's fair.
For everything you hope he doesn't succeed in carrying out, another person desperately hopes he can. That's not any different for Trump. He's not that unique, except for have a potty mouth but even then he's not the first.

Old 08-12-2017, 10:20 PM

32,059 posts, read 15,040,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokinouta View Post
At some point in maturity you realize that you can't always get what you want. You win some and lose some with every president. It's slow but it's fair.
For everything you hope he doesn't succeed in carrying out, another person desperately hopes he can. That's not any different for Trump. He's not that unique, except for have a potty mouth but even then he's not the first.
And that's exactly what Trump needs to learn if he wants to be taken seriously. He does not single handling run our country. And he needs to stop bad mouthing our government. He has no idea how government is run. He thought he could just be president and command people what to do like he does with his companies. Sorry, he needs to get over that but he's hard headed and doesn't seem to understand it yet. People are losing patience with him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies