Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-09-2017, 09:03 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,579,151 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post

Those are not feminine women regardless of how short their skirts are.
I guess now we will get installment number two of this lesson, since we've already been given such an enlightening exposition of what "real" men are like.

Do tell me, what makes a woman feminine?

Last edited by Catgirl64; 08-09-2017 at 10:17 AM.. Reason: quote feature not working properly
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2017, 09:05 AM

36,450 posts, read 30,806,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post

There are a lot of women in the media. Just watch the cable channels, tv networks, newspapers, and entertainment. Also women largely CONTROL Education, and are brainwashing our kids.
Yet TV, movie producers have and still are predominately men. Im not talking about actors but the people that write and produce those male emasculating programs.

There are probably more female teachers but education is still as much controlled by men in positions of superintendents, board directors, secretary of education.

Last edited by 2mares; 08-09-2017 at 09:17 AM..

Old 08-09-2017, 09:38 AM

19,593 posts, read 12,196,385 times
[quote=Catgirl64;49129815]
Quote:

I guess now we will get installment number two of this lesson, since we've already been given such an enlightening exposition of what "real" men are like.

In my opinion---

I don't know, but I know it when I see it. And it isn't the screaming women in short dresses on the reality shows and news channels. It isn't the snooty elitists and their purses and fake breasts. It isn't a big butt in spanx. There are few feminine role models for girls right now. The youtube women claiming to be anti-feminists and traditional do not truly appear to be such. There is so much superficiality in media it is hard to determine what is what. Many women emulate these things in real life and mistake it for empowered femininity.

There is a reporter on my local news station that strikes me as truly feminine. She speaks and presents with poise and dresses beautifully but always professionally. On her twitter she mostly posts about being a mom. She would not fit on Fox News or CNN, too genuine and down to earth. The other newscaster dresses in tight cocktail attire, has that long princess hair and talks with a vocal fry. They are about the same age but the first one strikes me as truly feminine and classy, second one watched too much real housewives.

It is important for men to understand the nuances because they are the ones who get frustrated and take their anger out on women.

Old 08-09-2017, 09:43 AM

2,049 posts, read 1,064,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
The feminization of men in our society is being done on purpose by the Leftists to weaken the country. Militarily and economically on the world stage by filling both complexes with ultra sissies who couldn't negotiate or fight their way out of a wet paper bag and who will easily tuck their tails and run instead of fighting to be on top.
A very wonderful look
They are also working to destroy your society by allowing a heavy Islamic migration to your countries

Old 08-09-2017, 09:51 AM

14,294 posts, read 13,177,930 times
[quote=Catgirl64;49129815]
Quote:

Oh for heaven's sake. Real men are whatever they want to be.

Old 08-09-2017, 10:14 AM

18,158 posts, read 15,611,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
I do, and I couldn't agree with you more. There's a lot more to courage than the ability to pick and win fights. There are a few on here who are fond of talking about "alpha males," and how desirable they are supposed to be. I wouldn't have one on a bet. But then, I'm sure those same few probably think that makeohs me something other than a "real" woman. Oh, well...
Ah yes, the ubiquitous "alpha male." What is the actual definition of an "alpha?" Truly, last I checked the term applies mostly to a pack mentality social structure. There has been a trend for men to be more "in tune" with their feminine side among certain groups. As a whole, our society is advocating for non violent solutions even for problems that require violence to solve. Bullying being one such. The most effective method of dealing with a bully has always been to stomp a mud hole in them. Not using emojis, not talking to the bully, not ignoring them. But racooning them and knocking out a few teeth, and then said bully must walk among us with the marks of their shame.

The more modern and "enlightened" mindset disdains use of violent methods in such ways. This isn't "feminization" per se, so much as an intellectual methodology. A perception that we have moved past the need for violent methods. And it is just that. A perception. I call it an arrogant denial of who and what we are. Our more base instincts are still very much intact. And women are no less capable and willing to use violence as are men. In many ways, more so, as they tend to be more calculating in how violence is applied.

Women also have an uncanny knack for inflicting violent damage without use of actual physical force. Despite not having to resort to a pummeling physical attack, the damage done is often more judicious and lasting. Especially given the assets at a woman's disposal these days. The mightiest physical specimen of a man can be reduced to a bombed out she'll by a woman without her even breaking a sweat.

I often wonder if Tzun Tzu himself didn't use the female mind as his model for The Art of War, or if Miyamoto Mushashi
Didn't do the same with the Go Rin No Sho. We men may be more physically capable of smashing, brutish force however in actual application of force, I say advantage women. Simply put, they know better where to hit, and thus far less muscle is needed. How does that go? "Smarter, not harder?" Lol, At least that is how I see it.

And we men are also not allowed the use of the superior physical abilities we possess to resolve conflicts with women either. At least not without suffering severe consequences. From a strictly moral standpoint, we are expected to take whatever beating a woman may choose to give us, with our only defense being a higher tolerance for pain.

So, I submit that "feminization" is actually a more violent mindset than classic male smash and pummel. Albeit more cleverly concealed under the mantle of the "fairer" (though hardly weaker) gender. Ironically, men often take some pretty severe "beatings" willingly. Truly, the most grievous wounds that can be inflicted are not given via sticks and stones. I know that I have personally been wounded in ways that would have made a mauling by a bear preferable by comparison. By the same token, such wounds often "hurt so good" as well. Such is our lot in life as we "progress" beyond our classically violent tendencies.

Old 08-09-2017, 10:16 AM

13,242 posts, read 4,917,144 times
Quote:
I do, and I couldn't agree with you more. There's a lot more to courage than the ability to pick and win fights. There are a few on here who are fond of talking about "alpha males," and how desirable they are supposed to be. I wouldn't have one on a bet. But then, I'm sure those same few probably think that makes me something other than a "real" woman. Oh, well...
Wholeheartedly agree there's a lot more to be said, & even more to be acted on involving courage, fr'instance, questioning the clichés takes courage, honesty takes courage, looking at someone 'eye to eye' sometimes takes courage, standing up sometimes takes courage, & the list goes on & on, every day until one's last.

Old 08-09-2017, 10:26 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,810,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good4Nothin View Post
I am female, so this is not meant as a criticism of women. We females have our nature, which is necessary for any society. But men also have their nature, which is also necessary.

Now, of course, women have some male traits and men have some female traits. But overall, there are general tendencies. Women are less interested in competition and more interested in cooperation. Women are more interested in love, and less interested in violence.

Of course you will find exceptions all over the place. Please just look at general tendencies. Women are MUCH less interested in violence than men are, or in violent sports.

Our society has been increasingly feminized mostly by liberal/progressive ideology.

So this means men will hide their violent competitive natures and become hypocrites. And our nation will deny the need for strong defense.

This is why, I think, Trump was elected. He seems to be tough. I am not saying I like Trump, just that I can see why half the country does like him, and his supporters are more likely to be male.

The wimpification of our society is a problem. Women don't mind as much as men, because at least our natures are not being warped by it. But men's are.

The election of Trump is a backlash.

The other day I was outside and I stomped on a bug. A man who happens to be a Liberal saw me and he said "Why'd you kill that bug? it wasn't hurting you." When I was a kid I never killed bugs, I could not stand to cause harm to any living thing. I was brainwashed into liberal ideology. But I have gradually over many years tried to de-program myself. Women used to be a lot tougher than we are now, also. Men certainly were.
Wanted to note on this post that you are basing your generalizations on your own opinion.

How do you know that women "in general" are less competitive than men? In what way are we women less competitive?

But I will note on the comment that I don't believe that women are "in general" anything specific except biologically different from men. Women, in general are capable of getting pregnant and giving birth. Women, in general are more likely to have a menstrual cycle. Silly of me to say the above, but those are the only things I truly believe that women are more apt to be different than men with any certainty.

In regards to behaviors, I believe that men and women as boys and girls are conditioned to behave a certain way. I don't think there is anything wrong with most of this conditioning, except when people try to force a kid to be a certain way - like for a girl to be less competitive than a boy, that is of no useful reason.

I am also a woman. I am one of 4 children by my mother. I am on the only girl. Due to that, I hold a lot of "in general" thoughts about men and boys. I always thought as a girl and think to this day that men, in general are not as capable of accurately performing certain tasks in the household than women. Men/boys are more sensitive emotionally and less capable of getting over being wronged like a Woman/girl is able to do. Men/boys (in general) are less thoughtful, meaning, they "think less" about danger in certain situations or what could happen if they take a certain action.

Many could say that I am being biased and stereotypical for my view of men, and I have more that are worse than that lol - as stated, I grew up with mostly brothers and I also had some male cousins who grew up in my house, I have a dad who was involved in my life after my parents splits and a step dad and I remember as a girl thinking, in an elementary mind that boys were pretty "stupid" and lazy.

As an adult, I've had more negative issues with male employees than female employees, especially in relation to drug use and alcoholism, which makes me apt to the idea, that "in general" men cannot handle problems well in their lives without being intoxicated.

All that said, I do think men and women have biological differences. But at my core, even though I have a history of prejudices and biases against men/boys when I was a girl and even some today, I truly do believe that intellectually men and women are capable of the same sorts of creativity and intellectualism. Physically, I believe, due to biology/physiology, that men have an advantage when it comes to strength. I also believe that due to their disadvantage that women have an advantage in thinking creatively to solve problems due to us having to figure out a way to compensate for the lack of physical strength. But other than these above, I honestly don't believe that most women want to "feminize" men.

I think it is a silly topic and one that is a way for "special" men to try to claim to be victims of women.

I also would never consider myself nor my female family members to be "wimps." I like strong, confident men. I also would fight a man to either his or my death if I am ever attacked (I joke that if I'm ever attacked and was killed the person would regret attacking me). I grew up in a rough environment and everyone was tough, boys and girls and so I never believed that I shouldn't be tough both physically and emotionally. There is a time to be tough and a time to be soft and it depends on the situation.

Old 08-09-2017, 10:30 AM

1,640 posts, read 793,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheepie2000 View Post
What nonsense. And now you kill bugs for no reason except to prove you're not a wimp? Are you still in grade school?
I was thinking the same. Compassion is genderless and speaks to the integrity and quality of of one's mind, not necessarily their sex.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Good4Nothin View Post
Oh stop. "Revere the sanctity of life" that sounds so lofty. Too bad it's stupid.

Do other animals revere the sanctity of life? Not when they are hungry. And NEITHER DO WE. Unless you are a vegan -- but even then you kill those poor defenseless plants.

Life on earth REQUIRES killing.

On the other hand, every society on earth, human or animal, generally prohibits killing members of your own social group. With some exceptions of course.

All animals have violent instincts, for self-protection. Having violent instincts can mean ENJOYING violence.

If you have not noticed, little boys want to play with toy guns. You will deny it, of course, and say YOUR little boys play with Barbie dolls instead.
I think we can all be prone to violence. Heck, I would bet a majority of mothers would engage in horrific violence without thought to protect their children. As civilized, intelligent, and educated people those traits of survival are tempered with reason in the day to day

Old 08-09-2017, 10:40 AM

16,507 posts, read 8,572,127 times
Quote:
If you think a woman cannot be both "feminine" and ruthless, you have been living under a rock. The two qualities are NOT mutually exclusive, and never have been.
I didn't say that, it was your interpretation of what I said. My point is that generalized aggressive male characteristics (which liberals call masculine toxicity) are intentionally portrayed in entertainment as something women should aspire to and be exhibiting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantabridgienne View Post
I heard they even let girls wear pants now!!
If those little quips are all you got out of my post, it sounds more like you want to push an agenda rather than learn how others view the situation.

----

The OP clearly believes men are becoming more feminized, and I am pointing out (as a generalization)how women are becoming more masculine. Neither of us likes the change in that direction, and seriously wonder if the social engineering and culture wars are going to erode the fabric of American culture to the point of being unrecognizable in the future.

`
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies