Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-09-2017, 01:31 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,573,399 times

Advertisements

Read a few of the Mars Venus books by Dr. John Gray. He's updated the newest ones to reflect the science of hormones having an affect on male and female brains and behavior. Some stuff is biologically hardwired in most people. Political ideology is irrelevant.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2017, 01:38 PM

6,855 posts, read 2,844,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redwood66 View Post
I am sorry but I thought you were calling me one. I suck at reading tone properly on the internet sometimes. I need to get more properly schooled to hip new things obviously.

Unless you were calling me one because I think men's rompers are absofrigginlutely ridiculous.
No , I was agreeing with you!!!

Old 08-09-2017, 01:51 PM

4,783 posts, read 3,298,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekigurl View Post
How does one "act gay"? Do all gay people act alike? According to you, they do. Thank you for enlightening us.
I guess some would say these two guys are acting gay, even though they are both straight Hockey Players from the Vancouver Canucks showing their support for gay pride this past weekend.
Attached Thumbnails
Feminization-canukspride.jpg  

Old 08-09-2017, 01:57 PM

4,783 posts, read 3,298,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good4Nothin View Post
In the natural world, animals kill and eat other animals and plants. Animals fight each other over territory and mates.

This is a violent world. But we have become insulated from it. We buy food at the supermarket, and don't have to think about how it was killed. Most of us don't ever fight to defend ourselves, because the military and police do it for us.

One of the BIG divisions between Left and Right these days is how each perceives these realities. The Left does NOT value toughness. The Left ALWAYS prefers the underdog and the victim. The Left does NOT value competition.

The Right is the opposite.

Maybe one reason I squashed the bug is I knew the guy is a Liberal, and maybe subconsciously I wanted to see his reaction. It was just as expected.
Toughness, Competition?
There is an awful lot of representation from the left in pro sports. You really need to get around.

Old 08-09-2017, 04:10 PM

15,631 posts, read 10,386,562 times
Quote:
How does one "act gay"? Do all gay people act alike? According to you, they do. Thank you for enlightening us.
90% of gay people I know personally don't act gay. In fact, they are superficially indistinguishable in demeanor from straight people. But some gay men "act" gay and you know exactly what I'm talking about.

Old 08-09-2017, 05:21 PM

2,953 posts, read 992,731 times
No comment on the male/female wars. What I do notice is that men are increasingly losing skill sets. I'm fine with women acquiring what men are losing but that's another topic entirely. If you're a homeowner you should know how to do basic things like replace the valving in a toilet or swap out a garbage disposal, have some basic carpentry, plumbing and electrical skills and facility with tools. Change the oil in your car, change a tire, change a battery, jump-start a dead one. This is really elementary stuff that virtually all boys learned at home. It's surprising how many young men have no idea how to do these sorts of things now. I guess you just whip the problem with your cell phone and credit card. Strikes me as kind of pitiful though if your interface to real world physical problems is purely through a maintenance man or tow truck operator. Just because you can pay someone else to make dirty sweaty problems go away doesn't mean you should.

I like capable people who have physical skills. Men and women. It makes them well rounded and interesting.

Old 08-09-2017, 05:37 PM

11,904 posts, read 5,585,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wee-Bey View Post
No comment on the male/female wars. What I do notice is that men are increasingly losing skill sets. I'm fine with women acquiring what men are losing but that's another topic entirely. If you're a homeowner you should know how to do basic things like replace the valving in a toilet or swap out a garbage disposal, have some basic carpentry, plumbing and electrical skills and facility with tools. Change the oil in your car, change a tire, change a battery, jump-start a dead one. This is really elementary stuff that virtually all boys learned at home. It's surprising how many young men have no idea how to do these sorts of things now. I guess you just whip the problem with your cell phone and credit card. Strikes me as kind of pitiful though if your interface to real world physical problems is purely through a maintenance man or tow truck operator. Just because you can pay someone else to make dirty sweaty problems go away doesn't mean you should.

I like capable people who have physical skills. Men and women. It makes them well rounded and interesting.
I wish I had been taught more of those things, honestly. They are survival skills, whether you are a man or a woman. Same with cooking. I dated a guy some years back who ate literally every meal out, because his kitchen skills were limited to brewing a nice cup of tea and tossing his mail on top of the unused stove. He had a great job, and wondered why he was broke. -_-

Old 08-09-2017, 05:43 PM

2,953 posts, read 992,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
I wish I had been taught more of those things, honestly. They are survival skills, whether you are a man or a woman. Same with cooking. I dated a guy some years back who ate literally every meal out, because his kitchen skills were limited to brewing a nice cup of tea and tossing his mail on top of the unused stove. He had a great job, and wondered why he was broke. -_-

Knowing how to do some basic things can save you $$. Maybe even more importantly it can get you out of a jam ... like when your A/C starts flooding on the weekend or the toilet overflows or the car won't start and you've got a flight to catch. Cooking too ... same thing.

Old 08-09-2017, 05:52 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,140,268 times
This seems like a false dichotomy to me: violence versus wimpiness. I'm sorry to think that you, as a woman, feel that strength is normally expressed by violence. Also sorry that you seem to feel that liberal ideals and goals - education, health care, civil rights - are somehow weak.

Trump, by the way, is not particularly tough in the classic sense. He's loud, brash, show-offy, and threatening, but he backs down when anyone stands up to him. He's notoriously thin-skinned, going crazy over any slights. He shied away from the draft. He's probably never had a conventional job-interview. Despite the TV image, he's notoriously uncomfortable about firing people. I think this is even one reason that he keeps retreating to his own properties. I think you could make a counter-intuitive case that Obama is, in fact, tougher, working his way up, certainly working harder at the presidency, confronting serious issues realistically, standing up under a lot of abuse (unlike Trump's wimpy thin-skinned-ness).

Old 08-09-2017, 06:57 PM

8,227 posts, read 3,419,408 times
Quote:
Don't presume to know what all liberals value and prefer. You're very, very wrong.

Oh, great, so in another million years or so, when insects rule the earth, some poor Joe who's just going about his day gets stomped on by a bug in retaliation all because you couldn't control yourself and just had to annoy one a them there sissy liberals. God, you suck.
I know I know. The revenge of the mosquitoes will be terrible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies