Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2017, 03:05 PM

6,927 posts, read 6,936,051 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Good4Nothin View Post
I am female, so this is not meant as a criticism of women. We females have our nature, which is necessary for any society. But men also have their nature, which is also necessary.

Now, of course, women have some male traits and men have some female traits. But overall, there are general tendencies. Women are less interested in competition and more interested in cooperation. Women are more interested in love, and less interested in violence.

Of course you will find exceptions all over the place. Please just look at general tendencies. Women are MUCH less interested in violence than men are, or in violent sports.

Our society has been increasingly feminized mostly by liberal/progressive ideology.

So this means men will hide their violent competitive natures and become hypocrites. And our nation will deny the need for strong defense.

This is why, I think, Trump was elected. He seems to be tough. I am not saying I like Trump, just that I can see why half the country does like him, and his supporters are more likely to be male.

The wimpification of our society is a problem. Women don't mind as much as men, because at least our natures are not being warped by it. But men's are.

The election of Trump is a backlash.

The other day I was outside and I stomped on a bug. A man who happens to be a Liberal saw me and he said "Why'd you kill that bug? it wasn't hurting you." When I was a kid I never killed bugs, I could not stand to cause harm to any living thing. I was brainwashed into liberal ideology. But I have gradually over many years tried to de-program myself. Women used to be a lot tougher than we are now, also. Men certainly were.
Bottom line, this post is a slur against men. Most men are not violent by nature. They may be very competitive and sure, they loves sports like football, etc., but many women love watching competitive sports, as well. My Dad served in the military for 30 years - he was career US Army and fought in WWII, Korea, and did two tours in Vietnam. Yet he was far from a violent man. He took me to church every Sunday, never used bad language around me and my Mom and admonished me that any man who tried to lay a finger on me in anger was "not a man." Lest that's too old school for you, let's fast forward to my roommate. You won't find a more "manly" man anywhere. He's a big 6"5" guy who also served in the military - artillery battalion. However, he is not violent either. I do not allow violent men into my life.

Why the right is now embracing individual violence is beyond me, but it's more than a little spooky. At the same time, you will find posts here by Cult 45 members complaining that the left is too violent. So which is it, boys and girls? You are no more consistent than your delusional leader, and you blame everything that you don't like on liberals. Sorry, but your woe-be-gone little life is not my fault.

Apparently you are upset because this country has not engaged in an all out nuclear attack on N. Korea or some other country that you don't care for at the moment. Do you have even the faintest idea of what a nuclear war with another country (even one as small as Korea) would entail? Are you womanly enough to deal with widespread radiation sickness that could engulf you, your family, and your friends along with millions if not billions of others? You don't have a clue.

So, someone yelled at you for stomping on a bug. Get over it. It's hardly the big political issue you make it out to be.

I like men. Some of my best friends are men. If hunting and fishing and playing sports make them happy, I'm all for it. In the unlikely event that one of them decides to become violent in my presence, I have a shotgun and I abide by my Daddy's words.

(sheesh) The stupidity one encounters on the Internet!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2017, 03:08 PM

4,783 posts, read 3,299,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
Too many pajama boys but they are balanced by more aggressive women. Talking about the younger generation.
There have always been pajama boys. We use to call them nerds or geeks. But also keep in mind there has been a steady increase in High School age boys participating in sports over the past 20 yrs.
Todays athletes at all levels are better then ever before.

Old 08-08-2017, 03:12 PM

7,520 posts, read 2,808,426 times
I want to promote a backlash against skinny jeans on men and this fashion statement:

Old 08-08-2017, 03:21 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,449,172 times
This thread is truly what we should call "Fake News." Not a real problem at all, just a way for conservatives to push forward an agenda of men and women in "traditional" roles.

Please show me where men are not able to play violent sports. Anyone? NFL and MAMA are doing fine.

Anyone show me where men are not able to be violent, period? You really mean to tell me that we don't have enough examples of men being tough and violent in our society with one of the highest homicide rates in the developed world?

Anyone show me where men in general can't do whatever the hell they want? Who is stopping men from being CEOs, boxers, hunters, bungee jumping, etc? Didn't think so.

Anyone show me where our military membership or capabilities are inadequate? Didn't think so. We have massive ranks of troops and spend more on military than pretty much every other damn nation COMBINED. And spending is only going to increase further. Military has far greater lethality and efficiency than it did in the past.

Fake. News. Men are still able to do and be pretty much whatever they were before. The main difference is that they can't slap women around with impunity, keep them in the kitchen, and keep them from voting like they used to. Also, some men are able to depart from the "tough" stereotype of they choose to. And that bothers some regressives, who insist on all men fitting into a Dirty Harry movie stereotype.

Old 08-08-2017, 03:24 PM

14,294 posts, read 13,187,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Rambler View Post
Bottom line, this post is a slur against men. Most men are not violent by nature. They may be very competitive and sure, they loves sports like football, etc.,
There is a good book called The Wonder of Boys that speaks to the equating of violence and testosterone induced aggressiveness and how BAD it is. I agree 100% with this. We need to teach our boys to use ALL their assets in productive ways.

Old 08-08-2017, 03:25 PM

14,294 posts, read 13,187,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redwood66 View Post
I want to promote a backlash against skinny jeans on men and this fashion statement:
What do you care what other guys wear?

Old 08-08-2017, 03:39 PM

7,520 posts, read 2,808,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodynew View Post
What do you care what other guys wear?
Because I am a woman and look at guys...? Those rompers are the epitome of feminization of men.

Old 08-08-2017, 03:46 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,360,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zzzSnorlax View Post
It must be something they are putting in those chemtrails you were droning on about earlier.
LMAO.

That's over the left field wall...475-footer. Well done.

Old 08-08-2017, 03:49 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,360,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redwood66 View Post
Because I am a woman and look at guys...? Those rompers are the epitome of feminization of men.
Women think about sex?

I thought it was "How to clean an oven" 24/7/365?

Old 08-08-2017, 03:51 PM

13,511 posts, read 17,034,476 times
The tough guys of the internet come out of the woodwork. "Back in the day we could grab some *** and not worry about no liberal wuss stopping us!!"

Seems to me there are a whole lot of "tough guys" out there who need to grow up and get over the fact that behaving like rude children isn't cool. With your "rolling coal" and confederate flags and all that contrarian childish nonsense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies