Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you support a preemptive nuclear strike?
Yes; it's the quickest, most decisive way to neutralize a threat casualties and political fallout be damned 51 15.13%
No; Nuclear weapons should only be used should the enemy strike first with a nuclear weapon 286 84.87%
Voters: 337. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2017, 06:20 PM

50,330 posts, read 63,895,871 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellise View Post
Well, I am kinda worried. Trump may have the best and brightest advisors, but I doubt that he listens to them. I'm sure that he's been advised to lay off the Twitter, but he's still tweeting, isn't he?
I think his new regime is putting the breaks on the twittering, a bit.

Old 08-08-2017, 06:21 PM

30,246 posts, read 23,716,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilEyeFleegle View Post
I'll not make a bet that I want to lose.

You keep shouting 'think' as though you're the only only one capable of doing so.

Your chain of logic is just one such possible chain..equally likely is....Kim has no sense of reality and is operating on a whole set of referents that you don't and can't factor.

Just as possible is Trump..embattled and besieged by troubles at home..sees a way to be a hero..to be loved...does your read of Trump's character factor that in? I think Trump is more likely to provoke a strike from Kim...by his ham-handed posturing.

NK picked Guam to threaten because it's plausible---I doubt he will attack there...a massive push into South Korea is far more likely.

My point in this thread..is that Kim keeps announcing his intentions..and then following through--it deserves some thought--and IMO..trying to mind read a madman is a waste of time.
I keep typing that because there are people in other threads, some now deleted, who are freaking out thinking he's actually going to nuke Guam, to the point that they've said some very distasteful and disgusting things about a segment of our population. They're so sure it's going to happen, they aren't even trying to cover up their hatred anymore.

That's why I keep stressing the word "think" and stop reacting in this manner. It's a great thing that some of the people on this forum are not in the White House if they are going to absolutely spaz out the second that someone makes a threat. THAT type of behavior from someone in charge would get us all killed right away.

Old 08-08-2017, 06:21 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,344,365 times
I'm not worried but I will feel sorry for S Korea because they will be the big losers as far as innocent casualties.

Old 08-08-2017, 06:22 PM

1,870 posts, read 2,387,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
Oh great. Two tubby, insecure guys with enormous egos talking all macho into the cameras. Donny vs Kim. This oughta be fun.

Let's hope these two idiots don't escalate an already delicate situation and force tens of thousands of troops to put their lives in danger because each of them has to have the last word.
Well said.

8,840 posts, read 4,801,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
I'm not worried but I will feel sorry for S Korea because they will be the big losers as far as innocent casualties.
And US troops in S. Korea?

17,077 posts, read 13,354,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
Two nut jobs with nuclear weapons playing chicken. This **** is getting scary.
Agreed. I'd like to believe that these two leaders will behave rationally, but Kim is a nutjob. And Trump? I think he's more likely to cause a crisis by tweeting than decisive action, but neither one of them garners my confidence.

Old 08-08-2017, 06:24 PM

79,913 posts, read 44,161,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
Yah, well ya know NK is not pointing a nuke at Moscow. Nothing worse than a false friend.
There are no nukes pointed at us either.

Old 08-08-2017, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Do you want to be toasted by North Korea.? They have that capability now .
No they don't. They didn't go from barely getting a rocket off the ground to clear around the world just like that.....

Old 08-08-2017, 06:27 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,817,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisanicole1 View Post
By which country? I am not sure any respectable country would actually nuke and kill millions of innocent people for something their leader did. That includes Trump. He talks crazy. Probably thinks it will scare NK into stopping whatever he is gearing towards. But Trump would not kill millions including children. I don't believe he would.
one does not have to pop off nuclear weapons to wipe NK off the map. if kim irritates the wrong country, like say china and the US together, both countries will use conventional forces to wipe NK off the map.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 585WNY View Post
Did you forget Guam is the home to two huge Naval and Air Force bases and is America's strategic military center in the Pacific with thousands of men, women and children living on the island?
if i were going to try and harm the US military ability to launch bomber strikes against NK, that is teh base i would hit first. make them fly from australia, the US or japan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyy View Post
I am willing to bet he had no clue about the bases.
really? you dont think that perhaps kim might actually know where US military bases are located? especially those that are not classified? i suppose you think the japanese didnt know anything about wake island during world war two either, right?

Old 08-08-2017, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
I have not read all the posts, but here's my thinking. North Korea has been a wart on the butt of the planet since 1950-whenever. They are ruled by one loonie after another, and their people are woefully oppressed. Is this our problem? Not really, until it affects our wellbeing.

It becomes our problem, as they gain weaponry and become more and more of a threat to civilized society. Everyone has been kicking the can down the road, and Trump has the hot potato. Trump is not a guy who will keep kicking the can, if he thinks he can squash the wart once and for all.

I'm not worried, because, the president has the best and brightest military advisors possible, and I have no doubt he will expect those most affected, like S Korea and China, to do the heavy lifting.
We have been invading other countries killing thousands needlessly since 1950. You are looking in the wrong direction for the threat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies