Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you support a preemptive nuclear strike?
Yes; it's the quickest, most decisive way to neutralize a threat casualties and political fallout be damned 51 15.13%
No; Nuclear weapons should only be used should the enemy strike first with a nuclear weapon 286 84.87%
Voters: 337. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2017, 03:37 PM

3,562 posts, read 4,395,705 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPt111 View Post
North Korea is all talk they not about their words too scared fire that nuke
Oh yeah! He's just like that little boy who founds his dad's 9mm and is aiming it at his big brother. What's big brother to do? Get the shotgun and aim it at little bro, or try to coax him into putting the 9mm down?

Obviously, the right thing to do would be to coax little bro into gently putting down the gun so we can talk as to why he should never do this again.

Diplomacy man.

Old 08-09-2017, 03:37 PM

12,970 posts, read 9,656,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbieHere View Post
It's all bluff on both sides.
And it's going to make Trump look bad, because North Korea surely will be threatening the US time and time again. Especially after they saw no fire and fury after the threat to Guam. Hopefully nothing happens.

Old 08-09-2017, 03:38 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,465,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by louie0406 View Post
Liberal logic ...."wait until North Korea attacks and possibly kills thousands of innocent people before we act militarily"
North Korea's weapons are for deterrence, not for a first strike.

Old 08-09-2017, 03:40 PM

8,168 posts, read 3,127,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chacho_keva View Post
Oh yeah! He's just like that little boy who founds his dad's 9mm and is aiming it at his big brother. What's big brother to do? Get the shotgun and aim it at little bro, or try to coax him into putting the 9mm down?

Obviously, the right thing to do would be to coax little bro into gently putting down the gun so we can talk as to why he should never do this again.

Diplomacy man.

"He who hesitates is lost" - Joseph Addison

I'd rather be the one with the shotgun aimed at little bro than the one who gets blown away because little bro was pissed enough to pull the gun in the first place and follows through with pulling the trigger.

Old 08-09-2017, 03:41 PM

20,459 posts, read 12,381,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by louie0406 View Post
Liberal logic ...."wait until North Korea attacks and possibly kills thousands of innocent people before we act militarily"
LOL. you forgot the part where they also blame the republicans.

Old 08-09-2017, 03:42 PM

8,840 posts, read 4,805,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Will Mad Dog Mattis give a rip if McCain trash talks him?

I seriously doubt it.

The fire and fury speech is EXACTLY what we need our president to be saying. Not some limp wristed mom pants wearing pansy ass who draws fake lines in the sand and then just stands there blinking like a moron when the line is crossed.
Mattis hates that nickname from what I've heard. He wants to be called Jim. Meanwhile I have a feeling the nickname was what trump liked best about him.

Mattis' s statement ended by saying we would retaliate if NK struck first only. He did not threaten a pre-emptive strike as trump did.

Old 08-09-2017, 03:43 PM

17,342 posts, read 11,281,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
North Korea's weapons are for deterrence, not for a first strike.
And you know this how? Have you been there and seen this for yourself?

Old 08-09-2017, 03:50 PM

23,177 posts, read 12,219,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chacho_keva View Post

Diplomacy man.

In a more accurate analogy, the little boy is a man, knows full well what he is doing, knows how to use a gun, knows the effects it will have on his target, is making threats, is pointing it and fingering the trigger, is perceiving the coaxing as attempts to trick him and steal his gun, and is getting more and more agitated. When that happens, police try to reason with him while they move snipers into place, and when they are ready they take the shot.

15,823 posts, read 12,465,032 times
Trump just can't stop with the bluster and lies.

Donald J. Trump ✔@realDonaldTrump
My first order as President was to renovate and modernize our nuclear arsenal. It is now far stronger and more powerful than ever before....
5:56 AM - Aug 9, 2017

“Any decision that the president were to take now, or that he took in January, would take years to implement... I'm very skeptical of the idea that Trump believes that he has modernized or adjusted our arsenal, because there have been no visible changes to it.”

“If he’s been able to modernize the nuclear arsenal in the six months he’s been in office, he should have no trouble selling Brooklyn Bridges to anybody... To say ‘bingo, the nuclear arsenal is modernized’ is fiction.”

Trump warns N. Korea: U.S. nuclear arsenal is ‘more powerful than ever before’

12,970 posts, read 9,656,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
What gets me is that the left doesn't consider Kim, the one with the nuclear weapon and the threats towards us, to be the one to be afraid of.

The left gets all frightened when Trump responds to Kim, and his alleged nuclear weapon as well as his threat, with harsh words and blames TRUMP for it all.

Don't blame the guy with the nuke, blame the guy who stands up to the guy with the nuke. Yeah, that makes so much sense.

I see Guam is still there today.
This is not about the left. Do you seriously think it is just the left who is against Trump threat to NK, I mean seriously. I doubt very seriously many on the right wants to see us in another war.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies