Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you support a preemptive nuclear strike?
Yes; it's the quickest, most decisive way to neutralize a threat casualties and political fallout be damned 51 15.13%
No; Nuclear weapons should only be used should the enemy strike first with a nuclear weapon 286 84.87%
Voters: 337. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2017, 07:10 AM

3,440 posts, read 2,525,090 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
You're one of the few that can...

Are you reading any of these replies?

They are squarely putting the blame on trump because of his words, even though they are completely misrepresenting what trump said...

You realize reed067, really thinks that trump can just kick the covers off his bed and hit the nuke button, don't you. Have you read his posts about all out devastation?
There are extremes on both ends of the political spectrum. The problem with Trump is, he has no throttle, he doesn't realize that his statements and actions are being watched and considered around the world. When he comes out with an aggressive and provocative reply, it complicates the efforts of the people trying to do their job to defuse the situation. When we play this out on the world stage, it makes the US look chaotic and vulnerable, and I think that's all Lil Kim is trying to accomplish, to discredit the US as a diplomatic leader in the world.

Old 08-11-2017, 07:19 AM

5,051 posts, read 3,577,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowtired14 View Post
Yeah, and for all you keyboard warriors, every president before was able to get the North Koreans to back down without war, So. Korea was happy, China was happy, everyone in So. China Sea was happy. I'm still confident that Mattis and the military and Tillerson are smart enough to be prepared but pushing on diplomatic channels, and China's statement is proof they're getting somewhere.
All true and I am sure that we have many who will try and work diplomacy. I have to ask what purpose does it serve for two puffed up leaders to challenge each other in a bluff-calling contest ?? Such actions while ego stroking are unlikely to get NK to give up anything they already have or stop future development. They already have Nukes, they already have chemical weapons. They can hit Japan and Korea - home to hundreds of millions of people.

Millions dying in any significant exchange of fire is simply not an acceptable result and we know we can likely (80% + probability) shoot down anything NK lobs at Japan, Guam or the US Mainland - short of dropping bombs there is little more Trump can do to show he is serious about stopping their behavior and before dropping bombs he needs to be talking with those most likely to die for his cause - ie. the South Koreans and Japanese.

Old 08-11-2017, 07:23 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,524,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
YOu know for a fact we are going to launch everything? Hahahahahahahaaaaaa

Yea, you are fear mongering...congrats...go hide in your mommies basement...

Trump just cannot say launch and everyone starts hitting buttons, thre has to be something behind it, not just that he is mad...no matter how much you thin he can...learn, read, it's out there...and then comprehend if that possible...

Why?

There will be no all out destruction, no matter how many times you say it...there will be no nuclear anything....

I hope I'm wrong I really do because if not.. Mommies basement? Really? Have anymore child like replies?

Old 08-11-2017, 07:24 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,931,450 times
Sadly trump has now painted himself into a corner, if NK fires any missiles in the direction of Guam, nuke armed or not, trump will have to reply or lose all credibility. You know, drawing red lines in the sand, did not work out for Obama and will not work out for trump, or possibly Millions of Koreans, Japanese, and maybe Chinese and Americans. Sad to see our president being suckered into bringing the world to the brink of WWIII, being incompetent and in charge of our Military is not a good combination.
If we see mushroom clouds rising above American cities Trump and those that elected and support him Will be Responsible, and if it does happen make sure you thank them in the most appropriate way you can think of..............

Old 08-11-2017, 07:26 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,931,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
I hope I'm wrong I really do because if not.. Mommies basement? Really? Have anymore child like replies?

Never forget who it is you are addressing, maturity is not a trait often displayed by trump or his minions.

Old 08-11-2017, 07:28 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,853,687 times
I'm sorry, but I'll say it again - diplomacy and nice, polite conversations have done nothing - NOTHING - to stop the advancement and aggression of the North Korean regime, for decades now. No amount of sanctions, no amount of foreign aid, no amount of meetings and agreements between super powers and surrounding countries - nothing. Nothing has worked with this regime which seems bent on, well, apparently on self destruction. For all those saying "There's no way KJU would provoke such massive self destruction," my gosh, read history. Read about the megalomaniac political leaders down through history - heck, just in the 20th century for that matter. There's something about complete and utter brain washing that tends to blind political leaders to the reality that they are outgunned and outmanned.

I remember visiting the Eagle's Nest in Germany and standing in Hitler's former office, looking out across the Alps and those breathtaking views of Germany, and I turned to my husband and said, "If you weren't already crazy, this view would make you go crazy - imagine him standing there thinking, All this is mine, I'm in control of all this. You'd feel invincible. Throw in a few Nuremberg rallies and you've got a raving lunatic who feels absolutely unstoppable."

I mean, it doesn't take a military genius to figure out not to engage Russia on one front, and the Allies on the other front, but years of unfettered power, ego, and mental instability had worked on his brain. I think Kim Jong Un falls into the same category.

KJU is going to step way out of line - oh wait, he's already done that. He will CONTINUE to step way out of line and be a crazy little aggressive violent despot with lots of big guns to wave around. He's BEEN doing it, and getting more and more blatant and brazen and aggressive. It's only a matter of time, and it really doesn't matter WHO the President of the United States is at the time.

There was a very good reason why President Obama sat down with incoming President Trump and told him that North Korea was his biggest challenge and issue.
Quote:
As Barack Obama was leaving office, he told Donald Trump that North Korea would likely be his most urgent problem as president, according to an investigation by the New York Times.
https://qz.com/924760/donald-trumps-...-obama-warned/

Old 08-11-2017, 07:29 AM

6,129 posts, read 6,806,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacanegro View Post
All true and I am sure that we have many who will try and work diplomacy. I have to ask what purpose does it serve for two puffed up leaders to challenge each other in a bluff-calling contest ?? Such actions while ego stroking are unlikely to get NK to give up anything they already have or stop future development. They already have Nukes, they already have chemical weapons. They can hit Japan and Korea - home to hundreds of millions of people.

Millions dying in any significant exchange of fire is simply not an acceptable result and we know we can likely (80% + probability) shoot down anything NK lobs at Japan, Guam or the US Mainland - short of dropping bombs there is little more Trump can do to show he is serious about stopping their behavior and before dropping bombs he needs to be talking with those most likely to die for his cause - ie. the South Koreans and Japanese.
I agree the mainland US is in very little danger unless China gets involved. Who is endangered by all this is South Korea, Japan, etc. and China would have to deal with one hell of an aftermath.

I suspect if there is any thought behind all this tough talk at all, it's the idea that since nothing else has worked maybe this game of chicken will get NK to finally back down. That hasn't been tried in the past because it's been considered way too risky. But perhaps they feel out of options. I could see the US and China working out a back door plan like this. It's still a dangerous game to play though. And honestly, I'm not sure if it really is thought out or just Trump being Trump.

Old 08-11-2017, 07:32 AM

3,440 posts, read 2,525,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacanegro View Post

While I think the NK leadership is crazy, they're not stupid, without alliances they know they can't sustain a war with the US, nukes or no nukes. So I suspect there will be a few more weeks of smack talk and tension, then they'll back down. But, as I've said, this is Lil Kim testing Trump, they know what's going on in Washington and they are watching for vulnerabilities and learning how to exploit them. Absolutely no doubt China and Russia watching with laser focus.

Old 08-11-2017, 07:32 AM

52,433 posts, read 26,603,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Sadly trump has now painted himself into a corner, if NK fires any missiles in the direction of Guam, nuke armed or not, trump will have to reply or lose all credibility. ...
Why wouldn't ANY President respond to an attack on the USA?

Old 08-11-2017, 07:33 AM

52,433 posts, read 26,603,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Never forget who it is you are addressing, maturity is not a trait often displayed by trump or his minions.
Yet it is you who casts the insult.

This is simply demonstrating that which you accuse.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies