Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2017, 05:22 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,051,108 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Actor and activist James Cromwell insists that Hollywood actors and actresses must get more involved in politics and rails against the American justice system and President Donald Trump in an interview released this week.
“Martin Sheen would do it, Ed Asner would do it. There are a lot of people if push came to shove,” Cromwell said in an extensive interview with the Daily Mail. “This community has got to get more engaged. This community has got to get more political. More than our survival as an industry, our appropriateness is at stake. What’s really at stake is our humanity and all sentient life.”

In a rant against Trump, Cromwell called the president an “idiot” and said politics won’t matter if the planet is destroyed by climate change and our dependence on fossil fuels.

“It’s very easy to vilify an idiot who happens to be the President of the United States, but it doesn’t solve the problem,” the Oscar-nominated actor said. “We have to educate people. We have to educate people on the right.”

“We can’t demonize people because of their political stance. We have to say: “Look, it won’t matter ultimately whether you’re Republican, radical right, or progressive,” he added. “All that will matter is that we’re able to drink the water, breathe the air, live on the land. That’s what’s threatened.”

The American Horror Story: Asylum star also said he now understands the type of racal profiling a “privileged white person” only learns about after they are imprisoned.

‘I had a little bit of privilege, because I’m a celebrity, so they can’t dehumanize me,” he said. “They have to acknowledge my celebrity, because if I get screwed over, if I get beaten, in the general population it looks really bad in the press,” the actor said of his prison stay

James Cromwell: Hollywood Stars Must Get 'More Political' to Save Humanity

thoughts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2017, 05:25 PM

923 posts, read 491,169 times

Old 08-08-2017, 05:28 PM

20,392 posts, read 12,293,786 times
I cannot think of anything that would do my heart more good than to see mr. cromwells industry destroyed. I mean that with every fiber of my being.

Old 08-08-2017, 05:29 PM

45,022 posts, read 26,176,076 times
C'mon CGI!

Old 08-08-2017, 05:34 PM

13,711 posts, read 9,179,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post

It is completely over some people's heads that we already have not one, but two entertainment celebrities as Presidents.

Hollywood needs to get political not simply to save humanity, but because it's about time the liberals embrace entertainer politicians like the right-wingers do.

Old 08-08-2017, 05:36 PM

5,751 posts, read 2,758,550 times
He has a right to his opinion. Problem you have is that his fame gets his opinion out to hundreds of thousands of people while you and I are stuck here flapping our gums in C-D. Boo Hoo

Old 08-08-2017, 05:39 PM

30,162 posts, read 23,548,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
Hollywood is the very last place that I would look to when I look for someone to "save" humanity. Have you seen the number of degenerates in Hollywood? Many of those people are glorified trailer trash. The fact that anyone looks up to them as some kind of omnipotent beings is pathetic.

Old 08-08-2017, 05:49 PM

30,162 posts, read 23,548,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCbaxter View Post
He has a right to his opinion. Problem you have is that his fame gets his opinion out to hundreds of thousands of people while you and I are stuck here flapping our gums in C-D. Boo Hoo
If Hollywood's message was more powerful than ours, we'd have Hillary as president right now. Just because thousands to millions hear what you say doesn't mean that they care about what you say or agree with you.

Old 08-08-2017, 05:51 PM

5,751 posts, read 2,758,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
If Hollywood's message was more powerful than ours, we'd have Hillary as president right now. Just because thousands to millions hear what you say doesn't mean that they care about what you say or agree with you.
I don't disagree, so why the OP? I saw two millennials on cell phones and I am all filled up on outrage for today.

Old 08-08-2017, 05:54 PM

16,214 posts, read 11,257,451 times
Hollywood seems to be sinking into a "bunker mentality", which is fine with me!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies