Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2017, 05:50 PM

23,646 posts, read 12,553,459 times

Advertisements

BOMBSHELL: NSA Experts Say DNC

Quote:
The Nation‘s Patrick Lawrence wrote a lengthy review of the findings made by various computer experts formerly with the NSA. Published this week, the left-wing magazine’s report notes two bases for their conclusion: (1) hard science shows that a remote hack of the DNC servers resulting in the breach that actually occurred would have been technologically impossible; (2) forensic review of the initial Guccifer 2.0 documents proves that they are poorly-disguised cut-and-paste jobs–forgeries–intended to finger Russia.
The data transfer rate from the alleged hack of the DNC server was 22.7 megabytes per second. No ISP has that kind of speed, the top speed is around 16 megabytes per second.
However, that speed can be achieved when using a thumb drive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2017, 05:57 PM

10,513 posts, read 5,169,235 times
Even if that report is true, Russia is not off the hook. They hacked the state election offices and one company that makes voting machines. No one disputes that.

Old 08-10-2017, 05:58 PM

12,041 posts, read 6,574,734 times
So, Seth Rich?

Study says it was an inside job......

Old 08-10-2017, 06:02 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,380,515 times
Yawn. Its also not uncommon for someone hacking things like this to copy it to some other location before beginning the download in order to avoid anyone asking why something got so slow.

There would have to be a lot more evidence to make this conclusive I think. The devil is in the details. And the details arent there as they dont have the servers in question. Making this claim especially suspicious.

Old 08-10-2017, 06:09 PM

23,646 posts, read 12,553,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Yawn. Its also not uncommon for someone hacking things like this to copy it to some other location before beginning the download in order to avoid anyone asking why something got so slow.

There would have to be a lot more evidence to make this conclusive I think. The devil is in the details. And the details arent there as they dont have the servers in question. Making this claim especially suspicious.
You're agreeing that it was an inside job then, right?

Old 08-10-2017, 06:13 PM

5,342 posts, read 4,430,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post

The data transfer rate from the alleged hack of the DNC server was 22.7 megabytes per second. No ISP has that kind of speed, the top speed is around 16 megabytes per second.

I was just reading about this. IF this is all found to be true...

A New Report Raises Big Questions About Last Year’s DNC Hack

Quote:
On the evening of July 5, 2016, 1,976 megabytes of data were downloaded from the DNC’s server. The operation took 87 seconds. This yields a transfer rate of 22.7 megabytes per second.
Quote:
Time stamps in the metadata provide further evidence of what happened on July 5. The stamps recording the download indicate that it occurred in the Eastern Daylight Time Zone at approximately 6:45 pm. This confirms that the person entering the DNC system was working somewhere on the East Coast of the United States. In theory the operation could have been conducted from Bangor or Miami or anywhere in between—but not Russia, Romania, or anywhere else outside the EDT zone.
If one chooses to read the article I posted I hope you click on all the links contained therein.
Here's just one quote from one link. It's a letter to the President.
Intel Vets Challenge 'Russia Hack' Evidence

Quote:
Mr. President, ... They found that the purported “hack” of the DNC by Guccifer 2.0 was not a hack, by Russia or anyone else. Rather it originated with a copy (onto an external storage device – a thumb drive, for example) by an insider. The data was leaked to implicate Russia. We do not know who or what the murky Guccifer 2.0 is. You may wish to ask the FBI.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do NOT reply to moderator posts that are in RED.

Old 08-10-2017, 06:14 PM

3,536 posts, read 2,860,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post

Gee...... I wonder why the DNC would not turn over the servers to the FBI....

RR

Old 08-10-2017, 06:19 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,627,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadrat View Post
Gee...... I wonder why the DNC would not turn over the servers to the FBI....

RR
They were looking for someone with an industrial metal shredder, and the FBI didn't have one. So why turn it over?

Old 08-10-2017, 06:25 PM

4,996 posts, read 2,446,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibginnie View Post
I was just reading about this. IF this is all found to be true...

A New Report Raises Big Questions About Last Year’s DNC Hack

If one chooses to read the article I posted I hope you click on all the links contained therein.
Here's just one quote from one link. It's a letter to the President.
Intel Vets Challenge 'Russia Hack' Evidence
Interesting..but I'll wait for a more reputable source..Right-wing sites have an ax to grind..and can no more be trusted to tell the truth than Trump.

I got to admit though..that the whole Russian thing has passed me by--so what if they did..and so what if they did not.

I appreciate the issue in that it was a wedge into Trump's possible financial corruption--and it cannot be denied..the Russians are in the picture. Just how it all fits..is why we have an investigator. After all, Ken Starr did not start out looking for sexual misconduct by Clinton, now did he?

No one forced Trump Jr. to meet with the Russian lawyer--he was looking for dirt. Not a crime..afaik--but indicative of the mindset of Trump's inner circle.

We shall see...gotta admit..it's entertaining as all get out.

Old 08-10-2017, 06:26 PM

783 posts, read 577,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post

So this has to mean that Trump did it himself. He must have hacked the DNC himself. I wonder if Rachel Maddow will do a special to expose how Trump did this. It will be 10x more explosive than the bombshell tax returns she destroyed Trump with.

IMPEACH TRUMP!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies