Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2017, 09:32 PM

8,168 posts, read 8,460,487 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
You're still missing the point. <>
Clarify, please?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2017, 11:27 PM

23,653 posts, read 17,415,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
If it was the other way around where a Trump supporting Republican shot a Democrat the media would be all over it and to further their agenda would slap a NRA sticker on the shooters truck.

All we keep hearing from the Left and the media is that Trumps rhetoric is going to get people killed but it is actually the Lefties that have been the most violent. Go figure?

I guess they know what they are talking about. Dems will go nuts and start shooting Republicans. Takes a Dem to know a Dem.

Old 08-11-2017, 11:36 PM

29,791 posts, read 18,652,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
He shot him in the head and then after the victim went down and was on the ground, he shot him in the head again on the victim's property. The neighbors say the killer was volatile and had run-ins with other neighbors but he obviously didn't kill any of them, just the GOP Committeeman.

Amazingly or not so amazingly, some news stories don't mention his home made anti-Trump signs or that the victim was a GOP Committeeman. Do you see why we hate the news media? Here's an example of that:

West Goshen homicide defendant had history of violence at home

I can think of 2 reasons why this isn't all over the national news.

1. One side doesn't want to tell you an anti-Trump Democrat killed a Republican local official.
2. The other side doesn't want to tell you a crazy man had a gun.
I already know that most liberals have violence and hatred in their hearts so I don't let them know what I think unless I'm armed and prepared to defend myself. Most liberals are like the Nazi Gestapo, defend yourself accordingly.

Old 08-12-2017, 04:46 AM

16,752 posts, read 8,111,881 times
Mentally ill and a gun should not happen.

Old 08-12-2017, 06:45 AM

2,768 posts, read 1,568,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
Sounds like the guy has some serious mental illness issues.
Progressive Librulism is a disorder...

Old 08-12-2017, 07:13 AM

2,768 posts, read 1,568,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Todd, there are enough nut cases on both sides to go around. If you somehow think the Democrats have an exclusive on having crazy people, you are simply thinking that way to bolster your own agenda.
Todd posted exactly the opposite.

Did you bother to read his posts?

Old 08-12-2017, 07:31 AM

9,569 posts, read 5,562,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
He shot him in the head and then after the victim went down and was on the ground, he shot him in the head again on the victim's property. The neighbors say the killer was volatile and had run-ins with other neighbors but he obviously didn't kill any of them, just the GOP Committeeman.

Amazingly or not so amazingly, some news stories don't mention his home made anti-Trump signs or that the victim was a GOP Committeeman. Do you see why we hate the news media? Here's an example of that:

West Goshen homicide defendant had history of violence at home

I can think of 2 reasons why this isn't all over the national news.

1. One side doesn't want to tell you an anti-Trump Democrat killed a Republican local official.
2. The other side doesn't want to tell you a crazy man had a gun.
The title of this thread is false & misleading.
Nowhere in the link that you posted does it claim that shooter was a "Democrat".

You also left this important piece of information out from the article:

"Many of the conflicts between Carter and his neighbors were apparently not political, but personal.

Talk about stirring the political chit pot !

Old 08-12-2017, 08:17 AM

8,168 posts, read 8,460,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
Mentally ill and a gun should not happen.
It is very difficult to declare a person incompetent, apparently there are about 75,000 citizens in that position, mostly older people. At one time these could not own or have access to guns. Trump and the Republicans fixed that, for no real good reason, IMHO.
Trump Repeals Rule Designed To Block Gun Sales To Certain Mentally Ill People : The Two-Way : NPR

Old 08-12-2017, 04:17 PM

41,111 posts, read 25,576,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
I certainly would not. I'm a very reasonable person. If one Trump supporter shot and killed a democrat, I would not say something stupid like "Oh my god, all Trump supporters are murdering nutjobs!"

Unlike what many Trumpers tried to do when that crazy guy in VA shot Scalise.
Actually, the left has call ALL Trump supporters racist and lots of other names so yes, I believe you'd and other leftist would call Trump supporter murdering nutjobs.... they've already done it many times. ROLL EYES!

Aaaaand it is the left who is involved in the violence right down to left wingers in Project Veritas who did violence and tried to claim it was the right.... BUSTED! Obviously they didn't count on the video's.

Old 08-12-2017, 04:26 PM

41,111 posts, read 25,576,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post
The title of this thread is false & misleading.
Nowhere in the link that you posted does it claim that shooter was a "Democrat".

You also left this important piece of information out from the article:

"Many of the conflicts between Carter and his neighbors were apparently not political, but personal.

Talk about stirring the political chit pot !

If a specific group of people are typically the guilty party then when it happens again, who do you think people typically look at? Now in this circumstance it was an anti-Trumper who killed a Republican. Soooo? Your reaction is to attempt to deflect. Ok then lol

Not towing the party line or disagreeing with a Democrat is in no way a reason to hurt, destroy property or kill someone.

The left is tolerant? Ba ha ha ha!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies