Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2017, 08:15 PM

39,228 posts, read 27,597,823 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyndarn View Post

Maybe I'm just being logical, BUT when any Child of AFFLUENT parents can pave the way to allow their OFFSPRING to avoid combat .. JUST maybe, all those of similar age ( some who fled from the DRAFT over Boarders) that fled... Donny had DADDY Dearest to pay for Donny to get 4 deferrals.. no doubt BOUGHT off some MD. Look at the Doctor who gave his "Fitness Health " for Donald @70 years of age!! Sorry.. Money buys all sorts of creds when no one can prove differently!!

BTW~~ I'm Canadian, and My now deceased Husband spent many tours of Duty in Vietnam... Mental emotional damages weren't even realized much less recognized until it was too late for him!! So Yes, Back then it was not Voluntary for American Males.... so DJT had to dig into his daddy's pockets to get out of "Conscription"... Unlike today.. VOLUNTARY.. Trump would NEVER Volunteer to a GOD Darn THING for the Country unless it padded his POCKETS!!
well, I don't disagree with you.

However, notice the thread is

Trump Family - No Military Service in 150 Years? None?

I don't think his family has anything to do with him.

This (no family members served in the past 150 years) doesn't seem like a valid reason to dislike Trump. Any veterans will say military service is not for everyone. They don't want to serve with somebody who don't even want to be there.

Old 08-11-2017, 08:17 PM

10,420 posts, read 10,827,692 times
How much did Clinton or Obama have?

Old 08-11-2017, 08:18 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,710,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
well, I don't disagree with you.

However, notice the thread is

Trump Family - No Military Service in 150 Years? None?

I don't think his family has anything to do with him.

This (no family members served in the past 150 years) doesn't seem like a valid reason to dislike Trump.
I disagree. Trump is a part of the Trump family and he took five deferments. We have a family member who served in Vietnam and was in a body cast for a year. We have another family member who fought in WWII and suffered the rest of his life for the injuries he received. Having absolutely no point of reference is quite different than knowing what it is to sacrifice personally or through family.

Old 08-11-2017, 08:18 PM

71 posts, read 118,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretzelogik View Post
LOL was just going to say that

Old 08-11-2017, 08:19 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,710,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretzelogik View Post
Clinton's stepfather, Obama's grandfather. But to not have any family members serve in the military in 150 years is quite unusual. Extremely unusual.

Old 08-11-2017, 08:19 PM

39,228 posts, read 27,597,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
I disagree. Trump is a part of the Trump family and he took five deferments. We have a family member who served in Vietnam and was in a body cast for a year. We have another family member who fought in WWII and suffered the rest of his life for the injuries he received. Having absolutely no point of reference is quite different than knowing what it is to sacrifice personally or through family.
well, then let's agree to disagree at least.

The only point I am making here is this: There are many valid reasons to dislike Trump, but none of his family members served in the military is not one of them.

Old 08-11-2017, 08:24 PM

4,031 posts, read 2,715,223 times
I hate Trump with a red-hot passion and wish he weren't in office. I dearly wish Mueller had something rock-solid on him *right now*, so he could be removed from office.

However, Trump is not responsible for his ancestors' actions (or lack of them). Nor is he responsible for the actions of his now-grown children (unless they act on his orders/requests, and even then, they still bear the majority weight of agreeing to whatever he says--they are adults and can say 'no'.)

Trump is responsible for his *own* actions. And as a liberal, who is a vet herself and also the child of a Vietnam vet (who is also a liberal), I *do* take umbrage with Trump for all his deferments, his mocking of John McCain (not a fave of mine, but paid his dues), and his general idiocy and inability to keep himself from being baited and goaded into actions that will have serious consequences for many.

Old 08-11-2017, 08:25 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,839,973 times
The Trump family has all been cursed with a genetic disease.........fatal heel spurs.

Old 08-11-2017, 08:35 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,533,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Our family has served in all four branches as well. It's is truly unusual that a family like Trump's does not have even one family member that has defended this country in 150 years, yet he is tossing off military threats like it's nothing.

That's my point because no one has severed in the military in such a long time he has no clue what those who have severed have gave up. Even more so for those who have gone to war. His statement about those who were captured in war were not heroes plain out should make anyone mad!

It goes to show how out of touch he is with reality.

Old 08-11-2017, 08:40 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,935,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
I've never said such a thing! Just stop it!
Did you forget what you posted or did you not understand what it meant?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies