Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2017, 09:59 PM

1,239 posts, read 509,952 times

Advertisements

I'm sure this has been said already, but this is an easy one!

1. Because they couldn't get in?
2. Because it's harder to remain ignorant when you are surrounded by information?
3. Because the girls won't talk to them?
4. All of the above??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2017, 10:45 PM

11,011 posts, read 11,018,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sactown4 View Post
I'm sure this has been said already, but this is an easy one!

1. Because they couldn't get in?
2. Because it's harder to remain ignorant when you are surrounded by information?
3. Because the girls won't talk to them?
4. All of the above??
Well, seeing as the premise of the entire thread was false, you're just adding to a false narrative which doesn't exist. College educated are more likely to be Republican which flips for PhDs. Those without a high school degree - Democrat. The blue collar, high school educated have gone back and forth over the years.

Old 08-14-2017, 11:02 PM

1,235 posts, read 731,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
Well, seeing as the premise of the entire thread was false, you're just adding to a false narrative which doesn't exist. College educated are more likely to be Republican which flips for PhDs. Those without a high school degree - Democrat. The blue collar, high school educated have gone back and forth over the years.
It's obvious you don't know what you're talking about. All them Republicans didn't get them Ph.D's from the awful liberal colleges. Surely you jest......

Honestly though, you have that backwards. Republican voters are the least educated voting block in the country. I think anyone is smart enough to use google.

Old 08-14-2017, 11:51 PM

11,011 posts, read 11,018,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyGoldenLife View Post
It's obvious you don't know what you're talking about. All them Republicans didn't get them Ph.D's from the awful liberal colleges. Surely you jest......

Honestly though, you have that backwards. Republican voters are the least educated voting block in the country. I think anyone is smart enough to use google.
Reading comprehension is fundamental. Republicans have the college educated demographic which flips (as in the opposite of) for PhDs.

Yes, and you should use Google too. Trump was slightly off model for normal election years with Republicans as he picked up support in white men and enormous increases in some college or less middle income (e.g. middle class blue collar). He did not win any minority group, to be expected, college educated or not but performed better than Romney with minorities.

Behind Trump's victory: Divisions by race, gender and education | Pew Research Center

Ah found a better one, the NYT.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...-analysis.html
Quote:
Based on exit polls, Mr. Trump did significantly better than his predecessors among whites without college degrees. Whites with college degrees have favored Republicans in recent elections. They shifted toward Hillary Clinton in 2016, though Mr. Trump still won the group.
Quote:
Historically, lower-income voters have tended to support Democrats, and wealthier voters leaned more Republican.
So, looks like I was right. This time around, Trump win those blue collar voters but like I said, it flips. I could still look up PhDs if you'd like but we both know that's a solid Democrat demographic.

I could also look up high school drop outs if you so inclined but they're also a solid Democrat base.

Old 08-15-2017, 12:48 AM

20,758 posts, read 8,562,401 times
The Sec of Labor and Ivanka Trump are spearheading the partnership of community colleges and businesses because businesses need skilled workers. The apprenticeship program will allow students to graduate debt free with job offers averaging $60K.

Old 08-15-2017, 02:42 AM

33,325 posts, read 12,491,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
Really? What I read above is that she spent sixteen of the twenty or so credits required for high school graduation on language courses. When did she have time to meet the requirements for science, history, math, music/art, and physical education? There are only so many hours in a high school day.
I doubt you are an expert re what was required in the 1940s (my mother graduated from high school in the 1940s).

She narrowed her choice to Stanford and UC Berkeley (she was accepted at both), and chose Berkeley.

Old 08-15-2017, 06:37 AM

5,129 posts, read 2,595,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Public school. I went to Arizona State because I didn't want to leave home. Damn good school. Not Duke, but good enough.

BTW...I hate Duke basketball.

asu is still a major div 1 U in probably the weakest major conf so theres not anything negative there bro. lots hate Duke basketball, we kind of thrive off of it

Old 08-15-2017, 06:38 AM

4,944 posts, read 2,938,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tripleh View Post
if you mean by "educated" brainwashed by leftism then you are correct.
There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge. Issac Asimov
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies