Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-12-2017, 07:59 PM

10,097 posts, read 10,004,423 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Here's another article I don't think they were just "protesting near the church" but it appears that you are going to defend them come hell or high water
https://www.episcopalcafe.com/clergy...t-right-rally/
Ok and they were disbanded by the police for unlawful assembly. See, this is what happens when the law takes care of such things.

What is your point? MY point is that I don't like the Alt Right but I likewise dislike this Punch a Nazi narrative some on the far left have where they think it's cool to use a bike lock to smash on someone's head.

The far left are as sick as the far right, probably sicker, because they have this uncontrollable urge to commit violence against people they hate. They believe they're in their some popular front against fascism like they're back in the 1930s.

33,547 posts, read 18,143,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Freedom of speech is one thing, surrounding a church with lit torches is something else altogether. That $hit was crossing the line!
White supremacists carrying torches surround church during alt-right rally | Metro News
That is bad some whites are racists, this is the real racists. ,but the police were there.

Having the radical left show up that was looking for massive trouble. The left are paid by Soros and bussed in.and some got maimed and killed. How crazy was that to go there with bats and shields for a few bucks or just the excitement. This is getting really sick! For what? Dividing us by hate. Killing one another.

4,996 posts, read 2,442,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Culture war? If so, then you are saying one "side" is Nazi and the other believes in liberalism:

"Liberalism is a political philosophy or worldview founded on ideas of liberty and equality. Liberal philosophy generally emphasizes liberty, individualism, and support for limited constitutional government."

The fact that you even consider this as being the case is very troubling. Only the Confederates believed in enslaving people and total control over human beings like the Nazis. The Liberal Creed is the actual main ideal of our way of life.

But now we have a Nazi in the White House (Bannon....Trump isn't smart enough to be anything other than a con man)....

Maybe a battle for the soul of American needs to be fought again? But with Trump polling in the low 30% it would seem that liberal and progressive values would still win the day.
No..that's not how i see it all..The Right is the same as Nazi's...the overwhelming majority of the Right..and the Conservative Right, despise Nazi's. They see White supremacists as scum--although there are a lot on the Right who feel that White men are discriminated against--this is especially an alt/right thing though.

The left is not nearly as pure as you would have it. Many on the Left have agendas that curl my hair.
All people should not have to conform to some PC code--civility is good enough.

I was more referring to the Roman Circus atmosphere our thread has.

Old 08-12-2017, 08:00 PM

25,436 posts, read 9,793,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
Did anyone else catch Fox news commentators and the usually Republican open borders, globalist suspects like Rubio, McCain, Hatch etc put all the blame on the alt-right (and none on the left) and calling them all "supremacist", "racists", "haters" even "evil" and they should be investigated and snuffed out. Is there any wonder why there is anger from the alt-right and why the anger is only going to increase.

Yes, there is freedom of speech, which there should be, but the alt right has its roots in Nazism and there is no place for that in this country. Why would anyone want to support that type of hatred against races of people? I don't understand.

Old 08-12-2017, 08:00 PM

16,376 posts, read 22,473,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgn2013 View Post
I wish we'd ignore all of this "left" versus "right" stuff. Trump isn't a true conservative or liberal...he's just Trump. He won't denounce white supremacists and is probably more comfortable in a room full of Eastern-bloc ex-KGB spies than regular 'Mericans.

White men (that aren't powerful or wealthy) feel emasculated and blame political correctness, affirmative action, blacks, gays, women, Latinos etc., for their struggles. That they're struggling, isn't really a question. White men are hurting. Unfortunately, like an old song stuck on repeat, they're focused on the wrong target. Rich/powerful white men keep working class white men under their thumb.

The 'us vs. them' rhetoric is a powerful drug. Women, LGBTQ and people of color want something approaching equality but to some white men, they've been convinced that it's a zero-sum game. For others to have a level playing field means that I, Joe White Guy, must sacrifice and give something up. There's cognitive dissonance where everyone can see the systemic advantage of being white and male except the very group that benefits.

The white nationalists types have to pull themselves up by their bootstraps and stop blaming non-whites and women for their problems. They need to focus on the rich white men, the policymakers and businessmen that ship their jobs offshore and help contribute to their misery. I think the white nationalists are afraid to confront their true enemy and so they focus on everything except the devil staring at them in the window.

Great post. And the rich white men behind the alt-right media are trying to KEEP them down by brainwashing them into thinking that education is a bad thing. And many of them believe it -as you see them posting here with anti-college rhetoric. And the conservative politicians have busted the unions, which got rid of the high paying blue collar jobs with pensions and nice paychecks, yet the same conservative politicians get voted into office even though they don't look out for the best interests of the middle class workers. Else the unions wouldn't have been busted.

Last edited by sware2cod; 08-12-2017 at 08:09 PM..

Old 08-12-2017, 08:03 PM

25,436 posts, read 9,793,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilEyeFleegle View Post
No..that's not how i see it all..The Right is the same as Nazi's...the overwhelming majority of the Right..and the Conservative Right, despise Nazi's. They see White supremacists as scum--although there are a lot on the Right who feel that White men are discriminated against--this is especially an alt/right thing though.

The left is not nearly as pure as you would have it. Many on the Left have agendas that curl my hair.
All people should not have to conform to some PC code--civility is good enough.

I was more referring to the Roman Circus atmosphere our thread has.
What PC code are you having to conform to against your will? And do tell of the leftist agendas that curl your hair. Yeah, shame on the people who want everyone to have the same rights and opportunities.

Old 08-12-2017, 08:03 PM

42,838 posts, read 26,236,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridanative10 View Post
what are you talking about, no one surrounded a church
no?

White supremacists carrying torches surround church during alt-right rally | Metro News

Old 08-12-2017, 08:04 PM

14,848 posts, read 8,202,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgn2013 View Post
White men (that aren't powerful or wealthy) feel emasculated and blame political correctness, affirmative action, blacks, gays, women, Latinos etc., for their struggles. That they're struggling, isn't really a question. White men are hurting. Unfortunately, like an old song stuck on repeat, they're focused on the wrong target. Rich/powerful white men keep working class white men under their thumb.
I don't think they feel emasculated. I think they just feel disappointed.

I think they feel like they've been lied to, and are being blamed for things, and are being punished for things they didn't do.

I agree that the rich are to blame. But it isn't only rich white men. The rich and powerful, regardless of color or creed, don't care whatsoever about who is on the bottom, and what color they are.

Before you attack people opposed to immigration and diversity, you need to ask, "Why does immigration exist in the first place?"

Immigration exists for the same reason it has always existed, to provide corporations with cheap labor.

Thus opposition to immigration, is actually anti-corporation. And support for immigration, is actually pro-corporation. Which is why Hillary Clinton, and her globalists, were favored by Wall-Street and the big-money.

But regardless. The question is, do we want to bring everyone in the world to the United States? And if so, why not just have a one-world government? What could possibly go wrong?

Old 08-12-2017, 08:04 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,866,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieneke View Post
I can see how the removal of a statue has suddenly become a race based issue. The statue was a proud reminder of immigrants - British? Anyway, there are descendants today who want to continue to honor that significant time in history. I'm of the opinion that history, and its artifacts, should be preserved.

On the other side there seems to be some accusation that this significant historic artifact of that time in history represents nothing other than racism. He achieved nothing in his entire life except racism, and therefore a statue of him is racist, and therefore is must be removed.

Did I miss anything? Is that what is causing this conflict?
Well they also renamed Lee Park to Emancipation Park, and have done similar too many confederate named sights. The city revoked the alt rights permit to hold their rally and it was only reinstated last night after a federal judge ruling. The city forced the alt-right protesters to rally at a different park instead of Lee park. AirBnB blacklisted people who they found were attending the reality. The police did not keep the Left counter-protesters crashing the rally separated for the alt-right protesters. The police pushed everyone out and local authorities declared a state of emergency shutting down all protests. The governor publically told all the alt-righters to leave and not come back, not mentioning the leftist rioters at all. I'm sure I'm missing several grievances for just this issue that alt-right might have.

Then the news media and politicians including many Republicans put all the blame on the alt-right and did all the speaking for them.

Old 08-12-2017, 08:05 PM

10,097 posts, read 10,004,423 times
First off, lefties, let's get something straight. The Alt-Right, technically isn't really right wing in the American sense of the word. Conservative Republicans are right wing because they believe they're conserving the traditional and liberal (classical) principles of the American Revolution. They believe in a Republic. Any conservative Republican worth his salt knows this.

The Alt-Right are FASCISTS. They do NOT believe in the Constitution, or in a Republic. They are right wing in the EUROPEAN sense, meaning anti-Enlightenment, anti-liberal, anti-conservative, pro-monarchy, pro-hierarchy, pro-extreme state nationalism.

The use the "Alt-Right" moniker as a rouse to attract young conservatives who don't know the difference and pretend to be conservative. They know this and talk about this all the time. They make fun of conservatives all the time.

So stop conflating conservatives and Republicans with the Alt-Right.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies