Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-12-2017, 08:06 PM

4,996 posts, read 2,431,881 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgn2013 View Post
I wish we'd ignore all of this "left" versus "right" stuff. Trump isn't a true conservative or liberal...he's just Trump. He won't denounce white supremacists and is probably more comfortable in a room full of Eastern-bloc ex-KGB spies than regular 'Mericans.

White men (that aren't powerful or wealthy) feel emasculated and blame political correctness, affirmative action, blacks, gays, women, Latinos etc., for their struggles. That they're struggling, isn't really a question. White men are hurting. Unfortunately, like an old song stuck on repeat, they're focused on the wrong target. Rich/powerful white men keep working class white men under their thumb.

The 'us vs. them' rhetoric is a powerful drug. Women, LGBTQ and people of color want something approaching equality but to some white men, they've been convinced that it's a zero-sum game. For others to have a level playing field means that I, Joe White Guy, must sacrifice and give something up. There's cognitive dissonance where everyone can see the systemic advantage of being white and male except the very group that benefits.

The white nationalists types have to pull themselves up by their bootstraps and stop blaming non-whites and women for their problems. They need to focus on the rich white men, the policymakers and businessmen that ship their jobs offshore and help contribute to their misery. I think the white nationalists are afraid to confront their true enemy and so they focus on everything except the devil staring at them in the window.
Great post!

5,993 posts, read 3,717,308 times
I see the right is still trying to convince people they aren't Nazis. You know people are laughing at you for trying to pin your Nazi ideals on the left don't you? Surely you do.

1,235 posts, read 728,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightleavenyc View Post
Nope. They are protesting taking a statue down. Whites are nearly entirely responsible for building up the entire South for centuries so they have a right to be upset.

Nope, Whites are NOT NEARLY responsible for building up the south for centuries. Slaves did that.

Old 08-12-2017, 08:07 PM

25,420 posts, read 9,727,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
So since the left doesn't allow right, alt-right to speak, assemble, rally or protest without crashing it and clashing and Republicans want mass immigration too, the alt-right's free speech rights must be smashed!
You realize that the alt right doesn't believe that those less than them should be allowed to exist, right? Remember Hitler? The roots of alt right came from Nazism.

6,940 posts, read 9,652,967 times
He was a Republican who voted for Trump.

4,204 posts, read 2,328,933 times
Blame the left on what happened today. They started the violence. Like always.

Old 08-12-2017, 08:08 PM

30,195 posts, read 23,608,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
Yes, there is freedom of speech, which there should be, but the alt right has its roots in Nazism and there is no place for that in this country. Why would anyone want to support that type of hatred against races of people? I don't understand.
It. Doesn't. Matter. If. You. Like. What. They. Say. They. Have. The. Right. To. Say. It.

WHY WOULD YOU SUPPORT INFRINGING ON ANYONE'S RIGHTS?!

Freedom of speech does NOT mean "freedom from speech that I don't like".

Can you lefties get that through your thick skulls already?!

Old 08-12-2017, 08:08 PM

25,420 posts, read 9,727,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by radiolibre99 View Post
First off, lefties, let's get something straight. The Alt-Right, technically isn't really right wing in the American sense of the word. Conservative Republicans are right wing because they believe they're conserving the traditional and liberal (classical) principles of the American Revolution. They believe in a Republic. Any conservative Republican worth his salt knows this.

The Alt-Right are FASCISTS. They do NOT believe in the Constitution, or in a Republic. They are right wing in the EUROPEAN sense, meaning anti-Enlightenment, anti-liberal, anti-conservative, pro-monarchy, pro-hierarchy, pro-extreme state nationalism.

The use the "Alt-Right" moniker as a rouse to attract young conservatives who don't know the difference and pretend to be conservative. They know this and talk about this all the time. They make fun of conservatives all the time.

So stop conflating conservatives and Republicans with the Alt-Right.
I do agree with you that not all conservatives and Republicans are alt right. But alt rights are definitely Republican, or at least the ones I know of.

Old 08-12-2017, 08:09 PM

42,758 posts, read 26,029,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by radiolibre99 View Post
Ok and they were disbanded by the police for unlawful assembly. See, this is what happens when the law takes care of such things.

What is your point? MY point is that I don't like the Alt Right but I likewise dislike this Punch a Nazi narrative some on the far left have where they think it's cool to use a bike lock to smash on someone's head.

The far left are as sick as the far right, probably sicker, because they have this uncontrollable urge to commit violence against people they hate. They believe they're in their some popular front against fascism like they're back in the 1930s.
I have no use for Antifa, they are disgusting so don't go there. But please don't use them to justify these animals surrounding a church filled with parishioners and clergy with lit torches. That's about as silly as saying that cross burning in your front yard is just freedom of speech.

Old 08-12-2017, 08:10 PM

10,097 posts, read 9,965,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
It. Doesn't. Matter. If. You. Like. What. They. Say. They. Have. The. Right. To. Say. It.

WHY WOULD YOU SUPPORT INFRINGING ON ANYONE'S RIGHTS?!
They're not free speech absolutists. They believe we should be like Canada or Europe where they curb free speech by making offensive speech illegal.

These people are just low IQ. They do not understand our 1st amendment laws.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies