Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-13-2017, 05:23 AM

51,651 posts, read 25,807,433 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielj72 View Post
There are plenty of images of people on both sides engaging in street fights. You must know that
Indeed there are.

But to claim that both sides are equally to blame is just nonsense.

Fox News did a piece on Unite the Right marchers attacking counter-protesters. A Unite the Right guy drove into a bunch of peaceful counter-protesters.

These guys came to start and fight and that's exactly what they did.

Old 08-13-2017, 05:24 AM

57,264 posts, read 26,192,233 times
I don't blame Trump entirely but these actions certainly are only helping to divide the country, he made a statement condemning the actions. He made a prepared statement, that's a start but I don't know why he needed a script to respond. Maybe he can follow his own advice and stop dividing and insulting the people and institutions of our country.

Trump;
"The hate and division must stop. And must stop now."

Old 08-13-2017, 05:25 AM

4,278 posts, read 5,176,768 times
I can see the frustration by European Americans due to the never ending hate speech from the Left directed at them. Looking at the tapes the very Liberal groups like Antifa and BLM started the riots by throwing bricks and physically attacking the authorized and permitted protesters. It looked like those old movies of the Democrats attacking the civil rights marchers.

Old 08-13-2017, 05:27 AM

9,470 posts, read 10,800,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
That was not the case for the people who were gathered where the woman died and so many others were injured. He targeted them simply because they were counterprotestors. His was not an act of self-defense. It was a deliberate and horrific act of violence.
No one is defending the terrorist. He will get his. My point is many of these people were violent radicals on both sides.

Old 08-13-2017, 05:45 AM

51,651 posts, read 25,807,433 times
Quote:
It's amazing reading all of these leftist post, none of them acknowledges how violent thier people were today in Charlottesville. Those Nazis were engaged in street battles with someone weren't they? BLM and antifa are not known for thier peaceful methods, they are quite experienced rioters.
The Anti-fascists are gaining experience. No doubt about that.

Old 08-13-2017, 05:51 AM

8,840 posts, read 4,803,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
I don't blame Trump entirely but these actions certainly are only helping to divide the country, he made a statement condemning the actions. He made a prepared statement, that's a start but I don't know why he needed a script to respond. Maybe he can follow his own advice and stop dividing and insulting the people and institutions of our country.

Trump;
"The hate and division must stop. And must stop now."
And apparently ad-libbed the "many sides". And then repeated it. And per the Daily Stormer, the worst part of his base took that as acceptance of them - that he still loves them. He needs to speak out if he wants to unite the country against hate. And the Nazis in the WH - Bannon, Gorka, and Miller are the ones I know, don't know if there are others - have to go.

Old 08-13-2017, 05:53 AM

8,840 posts, read 4,803,834 times
Quote:
No one is defending the terrorist. He will get his. My point is many of these people were violent radicals on both sides.
I don't know about many. Some on the anti-Nazi side, certainly. But many of the counter-protestors were church elders. And ALL Nazis have a message of hate.

Old 08-13-2017, 05:59 AM

6,806 posts, read 4,472,094 times
Some racists carry a Nazi flag.
Others carry the BLM flag.
Others wear Black Panther caps.
Some carry Bibles.
Some carry Qurans.
Some vote right.
Others vote left.
They all come wrapped in different skin colors.

Those working towards (and supporting) altering our history by removing public artifacts are the worst racists of all. It isn't about black history or white history. It's American history, and none of it should be tampered with. Those WN people came to protest the destruction of American history. They knew they would be met with violence from racists, so they came prepared to defend themselves. The monster on wheels doesn't define them any more than ISIS defines Islam.

Those who can't understand this are extremely uneducated, backward people... and they don't define America.

Old 08-13-2017, 06:04 AM

17,077 posts, read 13,364,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
I don't know about many. Some on the anti-Nazi side, certainly. But many of the counter-protestors were church elders. And ALL Nazis have a message of hate.
Not to mention all the other Charlottesville residents whose city was INVADED by an outside hate group for its own political gain. I apologize for belaboring the point, but I don't want it to be lost in the meandering discussion. Charlottesville did not invite these people to debate the statue issue on their behalf. Their local city council, whom they elected, voted to remove and sell the statue, which is not protected as an official war memorial by Virginia commonwealth law. That is their right, and if anyone thinks otherwise, I would ask you how you would react if your town was under seige by these lunatics.

Old 08-13-2017, 06:05 AM

7,736 posts, read 5,514,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post
Those working towards (and supporting) altering our history by removing public artifacts are the worst racists of all. It isn't about black history or white history.
I disagree. Some history is worth having statues over. Some isn't. Doesn't mean it isn't important history. It is up to each town to make their own decision. Lee was a ignorant selfish person who got crushed on the battle field.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies