Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-12-2017, 12:02 PM

34,053 posts, read 17,064,521 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
It's funny how everyone there wants to demonize these protesters, even though they were demonstrating peacefully, while no one in the mainstream media wants to characterize BLM actions as terrorism.

I don't agree with their message or beliefs, but they have that right to voice their opinions without having violence directed at them.
I agree with you. I don't like their message, but I respect the right to protest PEACEFULLY. Break no laws, do not chant for violence against others, march as you wish. Loot, riot, chant for violence should be met by LEOs ending the riot for you.via tear gas if needed.

Old 08-12-2017, 12:04 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,304,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridanative10 View Post
Fantastic job Charlottesville mayor and city council, you guys are top search on twitter. Great publicity

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVc1hvD6mCw

southern poverty law center.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmWHJNU0mwQ

what a fantastic idea to have a violent anti white racist like wes bellamy as vice mayor lol.
The Southern Poverty Law Center (SPLC) is probably one of the least credible sources you could possibly find to cite. The primary benefactor of SPLC is George Soros, who is also the primary benefactor of Wikipedia, which is why Wiki cites SPLC in so many of it's articles on conservatives they don't like. SPLC is itself a "hate group."

Old 08-12-2017, 12:06 PM

12,970 posts, read 9,654,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Don't you wonder what gets into people to post obvious lies. There are video clips of Obama condemning violence that are just a Google click away.
I know, I would at least check out both sides of an argument, just in case somebody wants to throw the facts in my face.

Old 08-12-2017, 12:07 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,350,315 times
Default Is the Virginia rally a representation of 2017 America?

I don't think a group of 40 or 50 people represent America.

Old 08-12-2017, 12:07 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,304,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by functionofx View Post
We sort of have it, the Southern Poverty Law Center, was a one man shop in guise of several bleeding heart liberal causes. Is mostly supported coastal liberals, as such it is more of a northern than a southern establishment.

The Southern Poverty Law Center demonstrates how rich white liberals can profit from a non-profit via the guild of other rich white liberals. Some at the Southern Poverty Law Center enjoy a life with affluence and no accountability. The Southern Poverty Law Center knows no poverty itself, it only knows lavish headquarters and exists as an immune echo chamber which lashes out against anything it doesn't like claiming it is racist.
And, it is funded by George Soros, who also funds Wikipedia. That's why Wikipedia cites SPLC so often in it's articles trashing conservative icons.

Old 08-12-2017, 12:10 PM

7,474 posts, read 7,033,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Don't you wonder what gets into people to post obvious lies. There are video clips of Obama condemning violence that are just a Google click away.
Any facts that do no support the right-wing agenda are clearly creations of the "evil, left-wing media."

You know one of the many negative things all right-wingers have in common? They never consider themselves wrong on anything. They never learn something new that contradicts their narrow, hate-filled world view and say, "Oh, I didn't know that. I guess I was wrong about it and should reconsider my beliefs in that area." Nope - if you ask any of them and look at how they act, they are always right - always. Nevermind reality or the facts - those will be ignored as needed so they can continue to pretend to be right about everything all the time.

Stereotyping? Nope. I used to be a Republican before I got better, and of the Republican friends I still have from those days, not a single one of them will ever admit to being wrong on anything. Oh, the excuses they make to justify themselves when the facts are against them are both sad and hilarious, but they'll never buckled to inconvenient realities. Too much of their sense of self-worth is tied up in "being right" even when they are wrong, so they can't give up.

It is the sign of a very immature person to never be open to change, particularly when the facts demand it, but that is what we're dealing with in about 1/3 of the nation.

Old 08-12-2017, 12:11 PM

24,490 posts, read 17,226,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
I don't think a group of 40 or 50 people represent America.

Though the Left wants to make out like it does.......... DEPLORABLES !

I know those clowns don't represent this right leaning Trump lumping white guy.

Old 08-12-2017, 12:11 PM

39,078 posts, read 51,224,761 times
Looks like one of the right wingers may have driven a car into a crowd of counter protesters. Details sketchy.

Old 08-12-2017, 12:12 PM

7,474 posts, read 7,033,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
And, it is funded by George Soros, who also funds Wikipedia. That's why Wikipedia cites SPLC so often in it's articles trashing conservative icons.
And what conservative icons would those be? David Duke?

Just more of the endless conspiracies from the far-right.

Old 08-12-2017, 12:14 PM

34,053 posts, read 17,064,521 times
They are simply a few dozen people who only represent themselves.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies