Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-13-2017, 03:05 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,871,874 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
That's silly.

The left is against raising taxes on the middle class and doesn't consider this "Nazi or KKK".

The left supports the science behind climate change and doesn't consider this "Nazi or KKK".

The left supports a woman's right to choose and doesn't consider this "Nazi or KKK".
Of course everything the left supports is not considered bad by them. Of course the left doesn't consider itself communist or similar to Nazis or the Klan even when objectively they are.

Old 08-13-2017, 03:06 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,020,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe33 View Post
Yep. Ill support almost anything that people want to say. No matter how much I disagree with it I will fight for their right to say it.
However Actions against me and my beliefs I wont tolerate at all.
No one is against free speech. This wasn't free speech this was a terror group armed with baseball bats and riot gear, they went to incite violence and terror. This had nothing to do with free speech.

Old 08-13-2017, 03:08 PM

1,168 posts, read 1,226,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
Which show that whites are more likely to be shot by police, as Harvard professor Roland Fryer (a black man) determined.

No racial bias in police shootings, study by Harvard professor shows - Washington Times
I actually studied this myself.
There IS a big difference in just who gets shot between races.
The typical white guy who gets killed is usually having a shootout with police at the time. The typical black guy is shot in front of his home or in a car and generally never discharges his weapon if he has one.

Old 08-13-2017, 03:08 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,871,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
No one is against free speech. This wasn't free speech this was a terror group armed with baseball bats and riot gear, they went to incite violence and terror. This had nothing to do with free speech.
Funny how anything and everything the right does isn't free speech and incites the left to violence and terror .

Old 08-13-2017, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Really?

This was all about free speech. Who you trying to kid?

Old 08-13-2017, 03:10 PM

10,097 posts, read 10,010,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe33 View Post
Yep. Ill support almost anything that people want to say. No matter how much I disagree with it I will fight for their right to say it.
However Actions against me and my beliefs I wont tolerate at all.
I think these Nazis weren't stupid. They came with permits and did for the most part peacefully assemble. They weren't angels and I am sure many of the lower level rednecks came prepared to fight, they just didn't want to throw the first punch.

According to the Alt-Right, the police broke up their rally and closed down the separation area that kept the two groups apart. I think that was a mistake on the part of the city. Apparently, according to the Alt-Right, they were forced out of their "safe space" and pushed into counter protest crowd, where things got ugly between them and the Antifa/BLM minority.

This could just largely be a huge f-up by the city too. But people do not want to hear these things. They want only the blame to go to the Alt-Right because their views are so repulsive when there is plenty of blame to go around.

I think that the Nazis know to be protected under the law when they shout their nonsense, and are fully aware far left extremists cannot control their emotions. So some possibly were looking for a fight with AntiFA too.

Old 08-13-2017, 03:11 PM

19,758 posts, read 22,666,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
That's already been decided by the courts long ago.

Who exactly do you propose will judge who has the right to free speech and who doesn't in this brave new world of yours?
If one thinks 'race' is a qualifier for who is better in the 'United' States- well we should have ZERO tolerance for that rubbish.

I for one hold everyone with that view in disdain, and forcibly so.

We all bleed red. Every human being.

Old 08-13-2017, 03:14 PM

10,097 posts, read 10,010,013 times
Quote:
A federal court wouldn't have approved their rally if they thought so. And the ACLU helped them get it when the city turned them down. So yes it was a free speech issue even if the speech is offensive to you. They could've come decked out in full military gear, whatever was legally permissible, they could've shouted their racist chants til their throats were sore. It wouldn't matter.

Do you people not get this? The police have the job to crowd control, not Antifa or BLM.

Why do you guys keep going in circles with this and not understand what free speech really means.

Quote:
Originally Posted by radiolibre99 View Post
I think these Nazis weren't stupid. They came with permits and did for the most part peacefully assemble. They weren't angels and I am sure many of the lower level rednecks came prepared to fight, they just didn't want to throw the first punch.

According to the Alt-Right, the police broke up their rally and closed down the separation area that kept the two groups apart. I think that was a mistake on the part of the city. Apparently, according to the Alt-Right, they were forced out of their "safe space" and pushed into counter protest crowd, where things got ugly between them and the Antifa/BLM minority.

This could just largely be a huge f-up by the city too. But people do not want to hear these things. They want only the blame to go to the Alt-Right because their views are so repulsive when there is plenty of blame to go around.

I think that the Nazis know to be protected under the law when they shout their nonsense, and are fully aware far left extremists cannot control their emotions. So some possibly were looking for a fight with AntiFA too.

You do realize that the Nazis were the ones who refined and perfected these saul alinski tactics that the left is using and that you yourself are propagating..... Dont you?

Yes the city screwed up... Or did they? Plans, plans, plans....

23,707 posts, read 30,745,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaper View Post
Break lights were not pressed until after he couldn't go any further, then he had to press them in order to put the car in reverse. That car took a lot of damage, I posted the video so you can see for yourself.
OK, you are correct that he didn't hit his brakes. But how fast could he have been going for his airbags not to deploy?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies