Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-13-2017, 03:20 PM

1,168 posts, read 1,227,194 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
What's interesting to me is the immediate reaction of the crowd to attack the car with bats/sticks. I mean if I was there, my knee jerk reaction would not be violence against the driver.

YMMV
one thing to take from this video besides the car. Is the number of peaceful anti protestors carrying sticks and bats... Lots.

4,996 posts, read 2,445,058 times
Quote:
What's interesting to me is the immediate reaction of the crowd to attack the car with bats/sticks. I mean if I was there, my knee jerk reaction would not be violence against the driver.

YMMV
People are different--I'd have shot him...several times.

19,764 posts, read 22,666,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by radiolibre99 View Post
You still need a civics lesson and no amount of overly emotional drivel is going to change that. That speech you have ZERO tolerance for is protected under the law. Don't like it? Don't go to their rally or move to Canada. We're not going to change the laws to meet your sensibilities or the sensibilities of people who don't get the 1st amendment.
Oh really? Cross burnings are 'illegal', uttering threats 'illegal'.

Try your civics again.

We don't have to put up with EITHER side if the root is 'hate'.

Arm both sides and let them kill one another- I could give a tiddlywink.

10,097 posts, read 10,011,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe33 View Post
You do realize that the Nazis were the ones who refined and perfected these saul alinski tactics that the left is using and that you yourself are propagating..... Dont you?

Yes the city screwed up... Or did they? Plans, plans, plans....
Wait, what? What are you talking about? You sound deranged. What Saul Alinski tactics? What am I propagating?

I think all parties, Alt-Right, the far left, the city are to blame. Why should it only be one group?

I think it's irrational to think that if you don't just blame the Nazis then you're a sympathizer. That is some next level Orwellian, Maoist thinking right there.

Old 08-13-2017, 03:22 PM

19,764 posts, read 22,666,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilEyeFleegle View Post
Yeah me too. Several clips, actually.

Old 08-13-2017, 03:22 PM

10,097 posts, read 10,011,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threerun View Post
Oh really? Cross burnings are 'illegal', uttering threats 'illegal'.

Try your civics again.

We don't have to put up with EITHER side if the root is 'hate'.

Arm both sides and let them kill one another- I could give a tiddlywink.
Yes, burning a cross on someone's lawn is illegal. Uttering threats to someone personally is illegal. Shouting fire in a crowded building is illegal.

What is your point? These Nazis had a permit and had their "safe space" to shout all the racist crap they wanted. That is free speech. You capitalizing your letters when you feel outraged doesn't change that. I don't give a hundred tiddlywinks what you think, you need a lesson in civics because you cannot reason this out correctly.

Old 08-13-2017, 03:23 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,560,145 times
Quote:

YMMV
A car drove thru a crowd of people & you wonder why they attacked the car? Really?

Old 08-13-2017, 03:24 PM

3,490 posts, read 3,792,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
They just had a KKK rally in July at the village square after they changed the name from Lee to Emanicpation Park, that ended in the police using tear gas to disperse the crowd. Richard Spenser and Jason Kessler are both UVA grads and White Nationalists, Spenser led protestors carrying torches to the statue last month. The problem is they delayed the removal of Lee's statue for so long that it has now become a lighting rod for outside groups from both sides. They should have moved quickly, I understand Kentucky is now speeding up the exit of these civil war era monuments.

A good percentage of the residents in that area have relatives that were slaves so the removal is quite understandable.
Did that one receive national coverage like this rally did? I don't remember maybe it did.

Old 08-13-2017, 03:24 PM

17,422 posts, read 14,642,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilEyeFleegle View Post
I guess that's the difference between you and me - my initial reaction would be this was a horrific accident and perhaps the driver had a heart attack or something.

Sorry that your initial thought is violence.

Old 08-13-2017, 03:25 PM

4,996 posts, read 2,445,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threerun View Post
Yeah me too. Several clips, actually.
*tsk* wasteful
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies