Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-13-2017, 08:43 PM

613 posts, read 463,413 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hrw-500 View Post
Serves him right. People need to know that it's not okay to think this way. Trump woke up a lot of these backwards losers, and so we need to be shame and expose them. A rally like this should not be happening in America in 2017.

Old 08-13-2017, 08:45 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,889,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post
Dump both sides in a field let them have at it. No cops. No EMTS.

Police really dropped the ball here.

The anti protestors should never have been allowed to be anywhere near there.
Let the aholes shout in their microphones over the statue coming down, would have been a 5 minute coverage and more Russia and North Korea garble-garble.

But nooo.... Give them what they want, played right into their hands... you gave them what they wanted-relevancy.

What I find very interesting, is going into a hostile environment where the protesters are armed... if antifa and the rest of the fringe elements are so quick to fight armed... hand them all a uniform and ship them to parris island.

Either dumb, paid, or both. Nobody in their right mind goes into a situation like that looking for hugs... cops should have diverted the antifa and others from the area to avoid the situation from escalating. But they didnt. Made for good ratings by all media outlets.

Go out looking for trouble? Don't come home crying when it finds ya.

It's like watching a punk burn the American flag. Do I knock their teeth down their throat? Nope. Don't even pay any attention to them, they wasted their money on a flag, a lighter, and accelerant to prove they're an idiot.

Me. I'd have kept all anti protesters away from the area until the monument protesters have left. Property damages aren't worth it, public and private, nor is the risk of health and life to the public or the officers there...
The problem is if they did, you are fooling yourself if you think that the protesters wouldn't have protested the protest rally. They have a right to assemble as much as the Robert E Lee white nationalists did.

Old 08-13-2017, 08:46 PM

4,996 posts, read 2,444,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
Now this..this is wrong. Both ethically and tactically. It invites the right to respond in kind...try to disrupt people's lives--because of what they believe? Everybody lives in glass houses now..with the Internet's ability to find you.

I suspect that someone will fall afoul of Cyber-stalking laws pretty soon

Old 08-13-2017, 08:47 PM

8,224 posts, read 3,496,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
The problem is these leftist protesters try to shut down almost everyone on the right and sometimes even people on the left too who aren't leftist enough.

Trump was the only person to say there was blame on more than one side. I haven't heard one peep out of any other politicians or in the media criticizing the leftist counterprotesters.
Yup matter of fact Trumps words are

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=...&v=fzXxnCL9M0w

But that's not good enough for them...

Now what I find ironic... lefties love that 1st amendment, until they don't.
Do you truly believe in free speech and the freedom to assemble?
Or do you believe in censored speech and regulated assembly?

The KKK was damn near obsolete.
They obtained a permit to protest there. The other fringe elements did not.

Let them shout in their microphones for a couple hours and go back to their single wide and wanton cousin/sister.
Nooo... gotta stoop below their level and go full stupid. Then freak out over something bad happening.
Ummm.... what were you expecting? A love fest?

Want to make progress? Look how Martin Luther King did it. He ignored the bigots and was a man about it. He was better than his opposition and did not stoop to their level or below it.

This antifa and the others. They gave the KKK what they wanted. National attention and relevance.

Congratulations left. You've played yourself. Again.

Regardless of religious beliefs. Give this a listen too...
This guy was before my time... I find much of what he has to say relevant to where we are as a nation today...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4LWPcE...ature=youtu.be

Old 08-13-2017, 08:48 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,889,999 times
Quote:
The problem is these leftist protesters try to shut down almost everyone on the right and sometimes even people on the left too who aren't leftist enough.

Trump was the only person to say there was blame on more than one side. I haven't heard one peep out of any other politicians or in the media criticizing the leftist counterprotesters. Wait, Newt Gingrich mention Berkley and violence from any side is unacceptable.
There were likely issues on both sides, don't mean vehicular manslaughter let alone vehicular homicide was justifiable. Part of the reason they defend the counterprotests are that they were within their right to do so. The first ammendment exists for everyone you know and not just when they agree with your stance.

Old 08-13-2017, 08:50 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,870,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
Oh dear, more of this nonsense. You people want Trump to denounce white nationalists to the exclusion of everyone else. You want him to pick a side while absolving the other of their culpability in this mess. It's pathetic how desperately Trump’s critics want to tie the alt-right around his neck while ignoring the behavior of the "innocent" anti-fa and BLM people.
I'd like to know in the first place why white nationalism should be denounced at all? If anyone doesn't want America and the West to remain white nations, what are they doing here? Why don't they leave for the vast non-white world? What gives anyone the exclusive right to alter the demographics and culture of any nation?

Clearly, white nationalism being taboo and forbidden is a pseudo-religious dogma belief that deserves questioning and scrutiny.

Old 08-13-2017, 08:50 PM

16,825 posts, read 17,728,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hrw-500 View Post
No more hot dog selling for Cole White. I wonder if when they are done identifying the nazis who marched and saluted at Charlottesville if they will turn to internet forums and ID their resident nazis?

Old 08-13-2017, 08:51 PM

8,224 posts, read 3,496,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
The problem is if they did, you are fooling yourself if you think that the protesters wouldn't have protested the protest rally. They have a right to assemble as much as the Robert E Lee white nationalists did.
Ahh, they didn't have a permit to assemble there did they?

This is where the fringe left was wrong and leaves the KKK to whine but we did it by the book! We had our permit to be there! Police didn't control the situation Muh statue! Muh First Ammendment! Muh right to peaceably assemble!

Had that car accident not occured. Bet any money that's what they'd have done and filed a lawsuit against VA state police and the mayors office... I'd bet money on it.

Old 08-13-2017, 08:51 PM

4,996 posts, read 2,444,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMysterious View Post
Serves him right. People need to know that it's not okay to think this way. Trump woke up a lot of these backwards losers, and so we need to be shame and expose them. A rally like this should not be happening in America in 2017.
Thought police?! people have the right to think in any way they wish....as long as it stays in the realm of thought and talk--it should be legal. Self-proclaimed internet vigilantes need to be put in their place...if you cause someone to lose their job by 'outing' them...you invite prosecution. I, for one, support jail time for those who mess with people's lives. I don't care how abhorrent the message.

Old 08-13-2017, 08:54 PM

16,825 posts, read 17,728,104 times
Quote:
I'd like to know in the first place why white nationalism should be denounced at all? If anyone doesn't want America and the West to remain white nations, what are they doing here? Why don't they leave for the vast non-white world? What gives anyone the exclusive right to alter the demographics and culture of any nation?

Clearly, white nationalism being taboo and forbidden is a pseudo-religious dogma belief that deserves questioning and scrutiny.
White nationalism is not a thing. It is nazism or white supremacy. This weekend has taught us many thing but calling a spade a spade is one of them.

This is NOT a white nation. It never has been and never will be. The demographics of this nation have been in flux ever since the first European arrived here. This is my country as much as yours, and as a white person let me be one of many to tell you I HAVE NO INTEREST IN A WHITE NATION. And as this isn't one (and never has been one) why don't you leave since this nation has been mixed since it first started.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies