Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-15-2017, 07:07 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,733,496 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
I live in Charlottesville, so I know first hand what was going on.
Living in Charlottesville doesn't give you any more insight into the whites in antifa hating themselves and having white guilt to the point that they feel that black people "need" their help like children, and to the point that they attack white people for being white. They are white, and they hate whites. That has been going on much longer than Charlottesville. Hence why I offered you 3 links to peruse at your leisure so that you can see how long it's been going on.

To say that white antifa couldn't attack other whites due to racism is wrong. They are racist...they hate whites, they are antisemitic, and they treat black and "brown people" as if they can't do a thing for themselves without the shining white liberal to save them. Yet at the same time, they think other races are superior to whites, in many ways, despite them being white. It's self-loathing and guilt that some idiotic professor no doubt poured into their heads.

Many of those leaders that you don't see at all the rallies but coordinate the transportation to and payment for are not white. White liberals are being used as pawns and they are too stupid to realize it.

Old 08-15-2017, 07:09 PM

4,921 posts, read 7,690,797 times
America is suppose to be the land of free speech. Instead it looks more like the land of conditional speech. The liberals love those that agree with them but woe to those who have a different opinion.
I may not agree with radical groups but I believe they have the right to believe as they do.

Attacking confederate statues insults the veterans of the civil war. Once again, you may not believe the confederate south was correct, but many of these statues represent Americans who died in battle fighting for an ideal they believed in. I respect all veterans.
One sad part of these confederate protest is most protesters have no idea of what the civil war was really about.

If you believe that destroying confederate statues is appropriate then why stop there? The church is opposed to gays as clearly stated in the Bible. If you are opposed to slavery you must surely be opposed to anti-gays. Why not start tearing down statues of Jesus Christ and other religious figures?

The problem is that when you begin forcing your beliefs on others you are no better than they are.

Old 08-15-2017, 07:10 PM

12,039 posts, read 6,568,955 times
A few weeks ago a liberal supremacist premeditated to murder a whole list he had of republicans while they were playing baseball. He was a domestic liberal terrorist with a gun shooting to kill as many Rs as possible.

Yet not nearly the outrage .....

Old 08-15-2017, 07:11 PM

613 posts, read 463,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
Come on, you live in NYC. When is there not a parade (or a protest hidden in one)? Nearly every weekend there is one happening in Manhattan.
Not like this and you know it. Don't play dumb.

Old 08-15-2017, 07:12 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridanative10 View Post
You create barriers between the two groups, put police in the streets. Why do taxpayers spend a small fortune on military style equipment for the police and they just stood down during this chaos? revoking permits, state of emergency ? what a miserable showing by Charlottesville and the governor
We need to take their military equipment away from them. Local police forces are not supposed to be militarized. This was a quick spur of the moment thing. You simply can not stop every bad thing from happening.

Quote:
I have been on that very street numerous times where the dodge challenge was driven into the leftists, its usually blocked off for automobiles during food truck and festivals on the mall.They usually dont even allow cars near the mall on weekends and for festivals , much less a rally with thousands of right wingers and left wingers
It could have happened on any street.

Quote:
They have better security for a food truck rodeo or some band on the mall than they did for a massive rally of far right and far left groups. Charlottesville police, the mayor and city council and the governor did a horrific job
There was one thing that happened.

Old 08-15-2017, 07:13 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
People who were there are saying that the cops funneled the groups together, and then the cops left.

IF the cops had actually done that, they shouldn't have.
I doubt they "left".

Old 08-15-2017, 07:14 PM

613 posts, read 463,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by donsabi View Post
America is suppose to be the land of free speech. Instead it looks more like the land of conditional speech. The liberals love those that agree with them but woe to those who have a different opinion.
I may not agree with radical groups but I believe they have the right to believe as they do.

Attacking confederate statues insults the veterans of the civil war. Once again, you may not believe the confederate south was correct, but many of these statues represent Americans who died in battle fighting for an ideal they believed in. I respect all veterans.
One sad part of these confederate protest is most protesters have no idea of what the civil war was really about.

If you believe that destroying confederate statues is appropriate then why stop there? The church is opposed to gays as clearly stated in the Bible. If you are opposed to slavery you must surely be opposed to anti-gays. Why not start tearing down statues of Jesus Christ and other religious figures?

The problem is that when you begin forcing your beliefs on others you are no better than they are.
I could never respect veterans who fought for the right to keep my people enslaved. Forget that.

Also, Jesus never preached anti-gay nonsense, but nice try with that.

Old 08-15-2017, 07:15 PM

34,053 posts, read 17,064,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
A few weeks ago a liberal supremacist premeditated to murder a whole list he had of republicans while they were playing baseball. He was a domestic liberal terrorist with a gun shooting to kill as many Rs as possible.

Yet not nearly the outrage .....
How quickly the msm swept it under the rug

Old 08-15-2017, 07:17 PM

8,312 posts, read 3,927,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Bully View Post
Antifa and the alt-left showed up looking for violence. It's OK to admit it. That doesn't mean you agree with the neo nazis's message or views.

Neo nazis and antifa are both scum.
It's called a false equivalency argument, anyone with even modest critical thinking skills can see through this. But a lot of people swallow it hook line and sinker, because it feels good, makes them feel like they are part of a "movement".

Old 08-15-2017, 07:17 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,672,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by donsabi View Post
many of these statues represent Americans who died in battle fighting for an ideal they believed in. I respect all veterans..
1. I do not feel they were Americans when they died. They were, as they said themselves, Confederates and Rebels.

2. "respect all veterans" - it's natural and human to respect all people. But our education tells us that many veterans died in vain...or, even worse, for bad causes. Many were do young that they were taken advantage of by the "planter" class and sent off as cannon fodder.

The discussion is not about what you think. You can think what you want and build an altar to Robert R Lee in your basement or backyard.

The discussion in C-Ville was about a democratic process which involved whether a particular symbol should be on public ground.

Again, using your logic, German Americans should be able to erect statues of Hitler or Goering in the town squares here in the USA (our army fought them just like it fought confederates - and, by the way, some Germans in WWII had lived in the USA and were American but went back to Germany to fight us).....

I have had an extreme interest in history for 50 years. I read thousands of pages each month of memoirs of "all sides" of every conflict and try to learn as much as I can. However, I don't take my "views of the day" and harden them and declare that they should be shown in the public square - a public square which is for everyone.

Big Difference, IMHO.

Am I personally offended by Robert E. Lee? No Way. He was a brilliant and honorable military man. But do I respect the decision to remove a "likeness" of him? Of course I do.

Just to test your theory, do you think he and other Confederates should grace our $20. bills or other currency? What is the difference, then?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies