Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-16-2017, 04:10 AM

12,963 posts, read 13,676,205 times

Advertisements

This will be Trump's Waterloo so to speak. He maybe a lame duck this early in his tenure. Republicans and the rest of the western world may not expect very much of him past this point. Being the political novice that he is, he didn't know this was not a battle to try an fight. He should have given a boilerplate response and moved on, now it will haunt him every time there is a nazi rally, and there will many more.

Last edited by thriftylefty; 08-16-2017 at 04:46 AM..

Old 08-16-2017, 04:11 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,615,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Utopian Slums View Post
So do I. I hate all that Trump stands for an all of the hate that he spews and inspires. He hates immigrants, blacks, probably women, certainly poor people except his base and even them he must hate since what he wants to do to their healthcare.

Yes, it sounds like an oxymoron but it's really the best way to describe it.

Or maybe, I loathe hate?
He sounds just like the Democrat leadership.

Old 08-16-2017, 04:17 AM

82 posts, read 65,315 times
I can see some hypocrisy from the right too (lot of times it´s ironic and reactionary to the insanity) i mean this is overall a ****show but the cognitive dissonance, hysterism and hypocrisy from the left is absolutely out of charts. People remember the islamic terrorist attacks (which are happening every day in the world), what happened to Steve Scalise, the Dallas shooting etc.. Just compare the reaction from the left from this cases to Charlottesville. It´s astonishing.

Old 08-16-2017, 04:21 AM

7,800 posts, read 4,400,201 times
Trump supporters are a cult. I always refrained from saying that previously, but it is true. They are mindless followers of a cult of personality that is Trump. Trump has all but admitted that he gets a great deal of support from racists.

David Duke looked into the camera a day or so again and told Trump to remember who put Trump in office. Trump listened and then had that atrocious news conference giving cover to white supremacists.

Trump is tearing this country a part. His supporters are complicit in this.

Hillary was right many of Trump supporters are deplorable. I will go further, and say many of his supporters hate this country and its institutions and want to see it destroyed.

Don't believe it?

Read the numerous pro-Trump posts and threads.

Old 08-16-2017, 04:23 AM

23,707 posts, read 30,749,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
All of which has nothing to do with the recent events in Charlottesville.
What happened that day in Charlottesville and the reaction to LE is what set the foundation for the 8/11 rally in Charlottesville.

Old 08-16-2017, 04:24 AM

7,982 posts, read 4,287,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
Trump supporters are a cult. I always refrained from saying that previously, but it is true. They are mindless followers of a cult of personality that is Trump. Trump has all but admitted that he gets a great deal of support from racists.

David Duke looked into the camera a day or so again and told Trump to remember who put Trump in office. Trump listened and then had that atrocious news conference giving cover to white supremacists.

Hillary was right many of Trump supporters are deplorable. I will go further, and say many of his supporters hate this country and its institutions and want to see it destroyed.

Don't believe it?

Truth, all of this. ^

Old 08-16-2017, 04:26 AM

6,418 posts, read 7,250,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
You don't know history. You believe the lies peddled by people who want to tell you what to think. I advise you to learn more before you come on here and waste my time.

You also said they were chanting "Allah Akbar", which at least gives it an implication of being religiously-motivated. You also say "hate messages" without giving any context. Were the hate-messages aimed at the Church and Christianity?

What I'm saying is, your example is stupid, because it isn't anywhere near the same. The "White-Nationalists" were only near the church, because the statues was near the church.
Actually the other person said changing Allah Akbar, my original post asking the same question didn't say that but that is completely irrelevant because this is about terrorism not religion. The WS were shouting things like "blood and soil" (straight from the original Nazis) and "You will not replace us" (scared of losing their positions of privilege I guess), something meant to terrorise the mostly-black congregation.

Oh would it be ok if other terrorists are only surrounding a church because its near their supposed real target?

Old 08-16-2017, 04:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
They had 1,000 police there right from the beginning according to the Mayor of Charlottesville.
Available on standby, but they could not be everywhere. Many were in the park to keep a buffer between the two groups.

Old 08-16-2017, 04:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfriqueNY View Post
That's interesting. I didn't know the United States went to war with Che and Jay Z. Ohhhhhhhhhhh wait. We DID go to war with the Nazis and Facists ........ We beat them and then hunted them down all around the world. Some are prob still hiding in Argentina lol.
Many where found to be living here in the US. It was Jews and Israelis that hunted them down to bring them to justice.

Old 08-16-2017, 04:31 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,615,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post

Don't believe it?

The same could be said of Obama supporters.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies