Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-17-2017, 04:16 AM

7,275 posts, read 5,285,135 times

Advertisements

And such is the bigger issue with Trump doing his best to blame all somewhat equally.

The march was led by groups of humans who do not believe in equality, who believe that certain types of humans do not belong on this earth because it hurts their existence. Most came armed with something, and why? To defend themselves? Give me a break. They came ready for a fight, one they had already started due to their outdated beliefs. Although the other side as they are called may have started some skirmishes within the protest, they mostly came unarmed. That certainly doesn't appear to me they were all in for violence. No way.

Both sides did have accountability for Charlottesville. But one side, and by a wide margin, came with hate as a backbone and violence on the ready.

Old 08-17-2017, 04:21 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,865,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by louie0406 View Post
Disgusted and appalled that Trump spoke the truth?

He said both sides were responsible for the Violence that went on that day. Is that not true?
Oh sure. Talk about what really happened and interrupt the faked outrage? Why would anyone want to do that?

Old 08-17-2017, 04:29 AM

6,611 posts, read 3,674,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_love_autumn View Post
BEDMINSTER, N.J. — As the new White House chief of staff, John F. Kelly routes all calls to and from President Trump through the White House switchboard, where he can sign off on them. He stanches the flow of information reaching the president’s desk. And he requires that all staff members — including Trump’s relatives — go through him to reach the president.
But none of those attempts at discipline mattered this week. Instead, Kelly stood to the side as Trump upended his new chief of staff’s carefully scripted plans — pinballing through an impromptu and combative news conference in New York in which he inflamed another self-inflicted controversy by comparing the actions of white supremacist groups at a deadly rally in Charlottesville last weekend with the counterprotesters who came to oppose them.
Trump

If Kelly didn't know what a freaking MENTAL CASE PIECE OF GARBAGE Trump is.......Then he isn't even close to being as smart as I hoped he was, and he certainly hasn't been paying attention! NOW if he has even a fraction of the decency as so many claimed.......he will be resigning, since Trump is a lost cause!
It seemed he felt he had the ability to take charge of the situation, but if it has gotten to him, no wonder. No sane human could tolerate this torture for long. You can imagine what others having to be around him are experiencing. 🙄 😒 😏 😟 😠

Old 08-17-2017, 04:42 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,306,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
I said myself (elsewhere, not on this forum), "What's next? Burning books?"

Old 08-17-2017, 04:48 AM

15,063 posts, read 6,175,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmancpa View Post
And such is the bigger issue with Trump doing his best to blame all somewhat equally.

The march was led by groups of humans who do not believe in equality, who believe that certain types of humans do not belong on this earth because it hurts their existence. Most came armed with something, and why? To defend themselves? Give me a break. They came ready for a fight, one they had already started due to their outdated beliefs. Although the other side as they are called may have started some skirmishes within the protest, they mostly came unarmed. That certainly doesn't appear to me they were all in for violence. No way.

Both sides did have accountability for Charlottesville. But one side, and by a wide margin, came with hate as a backbone and violence on the ready.

Well said.

Old 08-17-2017, 04:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
Seems to me that conservatives want to blame the counter-protesters for everything but gloss over the protesters; liberals want the opposite. Can we agree on this?

Both sides share culpability for the violence, as Trump said. In some cases the protesters likely started it; in others the counter-protesters likely started it.

Protesters initiating the event were overwhelmingly white supremacists, and as Americans we should ALL be comfortable in condemning that ideology as morally repugnant.

Yes, we can throw in Antifa and say they are morally repugnant, too.

I've read what I could on the accounts of what happened, and it's what you expect: counter-protesters say the protesters started it; protesters say the opposite. It was a fluid, chaotic situation. I'm confident in my wager that no one could easily tell in all cases amongst so many people who the assailants and who the defenders always were. Common sense tells you it was a mix across each side.
No conservatives don't want to blame the counter-protesters for everything but gloss over the protesters. You just made that up. Why would anyone want to agree to compromise on something that is false?

Old 08-17-2017, 04:55 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,436,622 times
Finally saw a video of the Friday night march by "Unite the Right".

The media (including Fox News) has falsely portrayed this group as white supremacist, neo-Nazi, anti-Semitic, racist, and KKK.

There is no evidence of this either in the 26 minute long video I saw on youtube of the torchlight march at the University of Virginia or in the statements made by the march organizers, also on youtube.

The marchers looked like frat boys, and did not wear any symbols or wave flags that indicated that they were KKK or Nazi.

They chanted "white lives matter" and "you will not replace us" (not "Jews will not replace us" as has been falsely reported.)

They expressed opposition to attacks on free speech, anti-white racism and discrimination, antifa, communism, etc. All perfectly legitimate.

It's too bad that even Fox News is falsely portraying this group, and that Trump has been misled about them. This is what happens when cowardice rules the day.

Old 08-17-2017, 04:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmancpa View Post

You made this all up. So one side was stupid. They thought they could get away with trying to muscle the other side. The other side knew of those peoples violent history and prepared themselves.
The violent ones were the ones taking down the statues. Destroying property that wasn't theirs. The coward who ran his car into people. That's another piece of filth. I can see just fine. Thats what being bipartisan does for an individual. It improves their vision.

Old 08-17-2017, 04:57 AM

2,417 posts, read 1,448,686 times
Real conservatives and republicans could care less about what ANTIFA are doing, as if they have some credibility or something. This "Antifa" are nothing more than aggressive hippies. A group of young, spoiled men and women rebelling against the norm. They are no threat to society. They are not even a large group with thousands of members. Come to me when they have chapters across the US, and get organized.

The only ones who care about "Antifa" at this point, are your white nationalists. Your old school conservatives don't even have this group in their daily vocabulary. To me, if your talking about Antifa, you are showing your hand on who you are.

Old 08-17-2017, 05:13 AM

59,059 posts, read 27,306,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
I do believe you are mistaken, Byrd wasn't the only politician alone in that department. Different time and place as we gradually change, if Byrd was around today he would get much more attention. This is today, going back 30 years won't make your case that this is an overreaction.
I take it you weren't around when Strom Thurmond retired and the big deal the dems made about him from where he stood in 1946 even though he was one of the FIRST Senators to have black person on his staff.

I think I smell a hypocrite!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies