Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-18-2017, 04:55 AM

51,650 posts, read 25,807,433 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
I swear if Neo-Nazis and White Supremacists rally anywhere near me, I'm going to go with huge bagfuls of stuffed animals and toss them at the thugs. To make fun of them, humiliate them, show them they do not deserve the dignity of being taken seriously. I would love to see a melee in which people are tossing teddy bears back and forth: at some point wouldn't people see how ridiculous they are being? Maybe toss some barrels of glitter at them too lol It's really quite hard to get that stuff out of your hair and clothes, ...insult their alt-masculanity.
Been trying this humor business for awhile and it doesn't seem to be working.

I don't think it is wise to trivialize what's going on. This is serious business.

Nazis and Klansmen marching down Main Street is nothing to snicker at.

Old 08-18-2017, 04:55 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,692,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
No one ever said the left possessed critical thinking skills. /SMH

Another egregious error they're making is turning what was warned about in Orwell's 1984 a reality:

“Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right.” - George Orwell, 1984
It's chilling. And concerning that those who are doing this don't recognize what is happening, why, and the powers behind it.

Old 08-18-2017, 05:10 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,184,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
I swear if Neo-Nazis and White Supremacists rally anywhere near me, I'm going to go with huge bagfuls of stuffed animals and toss them at the thugs. To make fun of them, humiliate them, show them they do not deserve the dignity of being taken seriously. I would love to see a melee in which people are tossing teddy bears back and forth: at some point wouldn't people see how ridiculous they are being? Maybe toss some barrels of glitter at them too lol It's really quite hard to get that stuff out of your hair and clothes, ...insult their alt-masculanity.
There you go. There are far better ways to counter them than what happened in Charlottesville. Toss Rainbow teddy bears at them while raising money for every word they speak to go to some charity in their name that they would not otherwise support.

Old 08-18-2017, 05:14 AM

2,768 posts, read 1,582,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
When you show up armed to the teeth and dressed up like a cosplay soldier you are intentionally sending a message, and the message is one of intimidation.
That goes for those on the Left who show up in ninja costumes and scarves covering their faces and weapons.

Thanks for agreeing!

Old 08-18-2017, 05:20 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,692,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post

I don't think it is wise to trivialize what's going on. This is serious business.

It IS serious business. The meltdown that snowflakes had after the shock of the last election was only a prelude to what was to come. The teddy bears they hugged didn't cure them, just fed the aberration.

And now it's growing into a monster expressing self in so many directions.

Old 08-18-2017, 05:23 AM

10,553 posts, read 9,647,866 times
Quote:

They've been adopting similar tactics in Germany to counter the Neo-Nazi rallies to some success:

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/17/o...s.html?mcubz=0

And in Charlotte North carolina, counter-protesters dressed up as clowns and threw white flour at the White Supremicists.

There's even a name for this non-violent form of protest: Humorous Subversion, to avoid violence altogether, humor can be a powerful tool---to avoid escalation, highlight the absurdity of absurd positions, deflate puffery and aggression.

Old 08-18-2017, 05:23 AM

Quote:
Trump, Pence, and this forum is about the only place I've seen anyone defending what happened here.

Everyone else is disgusted by Nazis and Klansmen coming to town to beat up people.
I haven't seen anyone defend the Nazis.

I have defended their right to peaceful and lawful assembly and speech.

You know that is a freedom we have naturally and we remind ourselves of this unalienable right by placing it in our Constitution as the first amendment thereto.

Have you ever read the Constitution? Ever heard of the 1st Amendment?

Did the Nazis and Klan go to town with the purpose and intent to beat people? I doubt it. That doubt does not make me a Nazi or Klan sympathizer. It makes me skeptical of nonsense statements.

Virtually everyone is disgusted by Nazi and Klan ideas. But, those are the very people we must allow to expose their idiocy via assembly and speech, if the 1st Amendment is to have any meaning whatsoever.

Last edited by Salmonburgher; 08-18-2017 at 05:58 AM..

Old 08-18-2017, 05:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salmonburgher View Post
I haven't seen anyone defend the Nazis.

I have defended their right to peaceful and lawful assembly and speech.
Some are unfortunately unable to understand the difference.

Quote:
You know that is a freedom we have naturally and we remind ourselves of this unalienable right by placing it in our Constitution as the first amendment thereto.

Have you ever read the Constitution? Ever heard of the 1st Amendment?

Did the Nazis and Klan go to town with the purpose and intent to beat people? I doubt it. That doubt does not make me a nazi or Klan sympathizer. It makes me skeptical of nonsense statements.

Virtually everyone is disgusted by Nazi and Klan ideas. But, Those are the very people we must allow to expose their idiocy via assembly and speech, if the 1st Amendment is to have any meaning whatsoever.
Absolutely.

Old 08-18-2017, 05:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrganicSmallHome View Post
So I guess that when the Nazis marched on Kristallnacht and many Jews fought back, both sides were equally responsible for the violence? Yeah, sure, makes perfect sense.
You're a logic professor, aren't you?

Did the Nazis and Klan march into town breaking windows and stuff?

What would have happened if the Leftist AntiFa people had not shown up?

Yeah... Nothing.

Old 08-18-2017, 05:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salmonburgher View Post
You're a logic professor, aren't you?

Did the Nazis and Klan march into town breaking windows and stuff?

What would have happened if the Leftist AntiFa people had not shown up?

Yeah... Nothing.
They might have beat each other up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies